The Student Room Group

Why do people bully at school?

It's just disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Bullies tend to take out their hidden anger and insecurities on weak and defenseless people
It is really upsetting :/

But it's mainly insecure people who like to feel in control and have power over others.

It's so disgusting
Reply 3
because weak submissive kids let them do it
Original post by Oh Baby

I didn't let my bully bully me, he just did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think people usually do it as a cover for their own inadequacy or insecurities.
Because they've probably been given a **** hand in life through no fault of their own (born into poverty, family breakdown etc) and lash out at all of the fortunate people who look like they are coasting on by. At least that's what I thought when I was at secondary school, pretty much all of the bullies were from deprived backgrounds.
Original post by Pro Crastination
Because they've probably been given a **** hand in life through no fault of their own (born into poverty, family breakdown etc) and lash out at all of the fortunate people who look like they are coasting on by. At least that's what I thought when I was at secondary school, pretty much all of the bullies were from deprived backgrounds.

Maybe but I went to a school where most people were from good backgrounds ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alesha1991
I think people usually do it as a cover for their own inadequacy or insecurities.

But why? It's not nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think there are too many reasons to say anything definitively.
Kids gon' kid.
bc they have nothing better to do
Original post by Oh Baby

Nah I always retaliated and fought back and hurt them, but it never stopped them. Me retaliating and hurting them is what kept my confidence going
Original post by davidguettafan
Maybe but I went to a school where most people were from good backgrounds ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my observation was probably quite specific to my experience, really. When I was writing it I was conscious that there is likely to be more causes than relative depravity, given the fact that people bully from ages far younger than those at which they'd first really become conscious of being deprived relative to others.
I was considered a bully at one point in my secondary school carer. For me, it was about power, you can't make people like you but you can them fear you. I was also undergoing an identity crisis and had lost my way quite a bit, I was in a bad crowd and didn't want to be a 'nerd' but knew I was coasting through school with little difficulty. I think most of the times bullies get their karma anyway, I certainly did and lost a lot of good friends in exchange for drug taking chavs. It is wrong, and I regret my actions, but yeah it was about having control in a time where I didn't have a lot of control over my own life.

p.s I am a reformed person now, I work extremely hard at school, I had good friends, I look out for people and I am on track to go to a very good university, most people have forgotten about those days now.

I hope the bullying stops for you soon.
Original post by Anonymous
I was considered a bully at one point in my secondary school carer. For me, it was about power, you can't make people like you but you can them fear you. I was also undergoing an identity crisis and had lost my way quite a bit, I was in a bad crowd and didn't want to be a 'nerd' but knew I was coasting through school with little difficulty. I think most of the times bullies get their karma anyway, I certainly did and lost a lot of good friends in exchange for drug taking chavs. It is wrong, and I regret my actions, but yeah it was about having control in a time where I didn't have a lot of control over my own life.

p.s I am a reformed person now, I work extremely hard at school, I had good friends, I look out for people and I am on track to go to a very good university, most people have forgotten about those days now.

I hope the bullying stops for you soon.

Did you apologize?
Reply 16
Some people love having authority over people and I guess they bully to also make them selves feel a bit better. This girl used to bully me coz I was nerdy in secondary school and at one point she got physical . At the moment I was thinking to my self should I go for her nappy ass hair first. However I told my teacher she was getting rude instead of fighting her because violence is not the answer it just makes things worse.
Original post by davidguettafan
I didn't let my bully bully me, he just did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Break his nose. Problem solved.
Because they're insecure little pricks that find delight in belittling people for the qualities they can only dream of having.
Original post by Serine Soul
Because they're insecure little pricks that find delight in belittling people for the qualities they can only dream of having.

It's not true darling.

Let me just give my insight as a bully in high school, because I was.

First off, I got good grades. At least as far as bullies go lol. I didn't ever revise, nor did I care at all for my GCSEs but would always get As in papers. Secondly, I sincerely thought I was better than everyone else that I bullied. They were either really dumb, or they were incapable of making lots of friends (i.e. they weren't as charismatic as me, ironically they probably did have actual friends whereas I had none, just acquaintances and accomplices...) or other problems such as them being from a scruffy rough family, or them being too stuck up for no reason. Whatever. But I did think I was above them and even in hindsight I probably was in all honestly.

Why did I bully? I bullied because it meant that others would not bully me. And it gave me 'popularity'. Now, why as a young teen one wants to be so popular I am not sure because now as an adult I am extremely unpopular and don't really have any friends outside of my gf... And I'm quite happy with that. I don't know why I wanted so many pathetic relationships back then. Honestly, it probably is just related to power. It was a very hierachal system in our high school and because of all my 'mates' I had connections everwyhere. Nobody would dare bully me because it just wasn't worth it and really I could do what I want.

I obviously didn't take school very seriously for its academic purpose. It was more 'entertainment' for me - just something I had to do. And so yeah, I mostly bullied because it got me lots of power which was fun to use. Of course, there is also a massive issue concerning my immorality then too. I had no understanding of morality at all and very little empathy for those I was hurting. That is whole other topic though as to why young teens lack empathy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending