The Student Room Group

Lifting to impress women

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
Of course it will impress them. The first thing girls look at is the size of your arms/shoulders/chest. You'll get a lot more female attention if you're built - girls don't give a **** about personality.

I think that's more the first thing a gay man looks at. The first thing a woman looks at is your face, body is secondary.

I.e, being skinny is only an issue if you're ugly as well. If you're built, but ugly, women still won't be attracted.
anyone who lifts is a phaggot and has no life
I'll be honest mate, you'll get more attention from fellas who also lift and fellas who don't even lift, the former asking you what pre-workout you take and asking you if you saw Kai Greene's latest win in the run up to Mr Olympia and who live on bodybuilding.com, and the latter asking how much you bench, asking you if you even lift, and pointing out what they think is wrong with your form when in reality, they struggle to chest press 20lbs for 3 reps, with their back arched like an L and a lifting belt strapped around their nutsack...

You'll get more attention from dudes than girls; that being said, your chances with girls will increase..
Original post by hezzlington
Who would you rather be with? A muscular guy with a personality of a peanut, or a scrawny guy that also unfortunately has the personality of a peanut?

You'd probably go for neither, but you're more likely to go for the muscular guy.

I know a few guys with great personalities that don't attract many girls, at least not aesthetically.

I'll have you know I'm a huge fan of peanuts:wink: good point
Original post by Another
I think that's more the first thing a gay man looks at. The first thing a woman looks at is your face, body is secondary.

I.e, being skinny is only an issue if you're ugly as well. If you're built, but ugly, women still won't be attracted.

Based on my own experiences and the types of guys I've seen with girlfriends - I think that's BS.
Lifting helps increase your social presence but you still need to have game and know how to pull.
Original post by Anonymous
Are girls attracted to moderately well built guys? I am not referring to steroid monsters or body builders but someone who has a masculine figure.

I have mates who lift and been through it and said you are only going end up impressing body builder bros and not ladies.

I am quite skinny, only 65kg for 176 cm and i was hoping that a better physique will improve my chance with the ladies.

u are corny for doing it just for women
Original post by asif007
Based on my own experiences and the types of guys I've seen with girlfriends - I think that's BS.

All my ugly, skinny and short friends have girlfriends. This is why we don't base generalisations on personal experiences
Reply 28
lifting will help, but as to how much no one can really say.

sometimes one guy can get dramatically more attractive once he puts on some muscle and has good bodyfat, ...but often the rise in attractiveness in others isn't nearly as great.

Realistically most people tend to gain about 1 point in looks. This is assuming they are a normal weight to begin with [bmi 19 - 25]. This is also assuming when they are done they have a decent amount of muscle and are low bodyfat.

also depending on your current level of attractivness lifting might not actually help you out very much with the ladies. If a guy who is considered around a 3/10 by most ladies starts lifting and becomes a 4/10 then he's still not going to do that well with them as a 4/10 guy is he?

but if a guy is considered a 7/10 by most ladies and starts lifting and becomes an 8/10 ..then the shift from 7/10 to 8/10 will have a more noticeable impact on his success with the lades as 8/10 is really where someone starts to begin to stand out as "hot"

so yes, start lifting. but it is far from certain how much better off with the ladies you'll end up,
Depends on the girl but more often than not, they will want a well defined man.
Original post by Another

I'm built but ugly and have no problem attracting women.

Spoiler

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Lifting helps increase your social presence but you still need to have game and know how to pull.

Just a good body usual works.... My chat up game is poor but my body does all the hard work for me.
Original post by Abolished
I'm built but ugly and have no problem attracting women.

Spoiler

I'm a skinny 5/10, and the only men I can seem to attract are in the range of 35 - 40 years old. I look 17. I don't even understand how to fix this, I don't think bulking will help me :frown:
Original post by Another
I'm a skinny 5/10, and the only men I can seem to attract are in the range of 35 - 40 years old. I look 17. I don't even understand how to fix this, I don't think bulking will help me :frown:

Female or male? I'm sure plenty of guys your age are attracted to you.
Reply 34
Original post by Another

men?
are you gay?

the majority of gay men meet their partners online these days. Getting random attention from other men isn't common in most places. Even good looking guys don't get attention from other men in the street/shopping centre/pub. If you are looking for attention from other men you'd probably need to at the very least go to a gay bar
It'll increase your physical attractiveness, but there's no way you'll get by on a good body alone. However, improving my body has increased my self and social confidence which automatically makes me more attractive as a person. Hard to judge since I used to be promiscuous before I started lifting but I've stepped away from the game a bit these days, pretty sure I'd have just as easy a time pulling though if not easier but I have no basis for comparison.

As some of the others have said though, the biggest difference actually comes from how other males treat you - it's like I'm automatically given respect by other men because I'm 6'2'' and built and they think I might beat them up if they show me any disrespect :rofl:
Original post by Abolished
Female or male? I'm sure plenty of guys your age are attracted to you.

Original post by ANM775
men?
are you gay?

the majority of gay men meet their partners online these days. Getting random attention from other men isn't common in most places. Even good looking guys don't get attention from other men in the street/shopping centre/pub. If you are looking for attention from other men you'd probably need to at the very least go to a gay bar

Sorry for not clarifying earlier - I'm a girl. The day someone my age becomes attracted to me will be a miracle - I think the youngest was 28, which is still out of my range
A post about the guys who gym 24/7 and are able to become male strippers because of it. the very extreme end of the spectrum/answer this question/thread seeks.

I will be honest. lifting for females (who don't go to the gym) is.. a shallow dream at best and a vile, dark, unending black hole at worst (because you'll find that despite it all, if you really were to chase after a shallow dream as that, you will Never be enough. you will Never be built enough, or muscled enough, or be the most shredded. there will always be someone better. someone able to do what you can't. show off what you cant. these would be who the females would be chasing despite all your success. you'd lose sight of your own progress purely because you can't see your own goals, as you'd be focused on ass. why spend all that time, effort, sacrifice and dedication {which is hard enough to come by as it} chasing after a pipe-dream? never mind the fact that in the midst of it all, you won't be able to do both, as there won't be enough time in the world for that. in order to properly realize that dream that you currently have, you'd have to sacrifice everything just to get a taste of that muscled-body grail. would be like searching for a needle in a hay stack, except the needle is 1/10th the size, was never there to begin with & the 'hay' is toxic and damaging to your very being. you can't live twice, why add unnecessary stress to an already pressurized endeavour?).

Never lift for females. I say this, as i've personally known addicts and seen what it does to them. the lengths they'd go to achieve what they want.. quickly. so they can go out and start pulling. at the same time, i've known those who wanted to lift to impress females (half of which quit because it 'was too hard') the other half of which lost interest in impressing females Even though they had met their body goal. Why? because when they did, when they stuck through it all, when they rose up every day break, even as the first rays shone through the cracks in the frosty atmosphere; when they mastered their craft, it became a matter of clarity. one of which became a realization that (ordinary females who don't go to the gym/know about it's regime) females do not know how much.. time, blood (some take steriods, some risk life), sweat and tears it took. How risky it was to get to the level they're at. How much temptation and trials they had to go through.. just to attain that shape. in the end, all that ever mattered is/was/should be the respect given by other body-building guys around you {as they'd know the lifetime it'd have taken to get there physically; mentally, emotionally, psychologically. the tough choices you had to take. and ultimately, whether it was worth it} (at worst) and if You were comfortable with where you are (at best). in short, they (referring to females who don't lift) do not know how much dedication it would've taken but are willing to chase after the nearest 'buff' guy they see. But then that is understandable, because if they (same females) had been the target/reason for going to the gym, they (males who go gym) never would've seen the desire to the end would they? they'd have been to busy getting distracted (and ultimately losing time/obtaining failure) by every piece (female who don't go gym) that walked past for them to focus on a single thing for a minute.

**** a hoe. Do it for you. Or don't do it at all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Another
Sorry for not clarifying earlier - I'm a girl. The day someone my age becomes attracted to me will be a miracle - I think the youngest was 28, which is still out of my range

Do you go out much? Drinking I mean.....
Original post by WoodyMKC
It'll increase your physical attractiveness, but there's no way you'll get by on a good body alone. However, improving my body has increased my self and social confidence which automatically makes me more attractive as a person. Hard to judge since I used to be promiscuous before I started lifting but I've stepped away from the game a bit these days, pretty sure I'd have just as easy a time pulling though if not easier but I have no basis for comparison.

As some of the others have said though, the biggest difference actually comes from how other males treat you - it's like I'm automatically given respect by other men because I'm 6'2'' and built and they think I might beat them up if they show me any disrespect :rofl:

Woodys thrown up the towel? :gasp:

I guess you have to do wahteba it teks, right babe?

#biggerisbetter #nohomo

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending