The Student Room Group

Do you have a rice cooker at home?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axel Johann
Ey, ena en ta mauricien lor sa site la :lol:

--
But for real, how exactly do you write creole, there's like no official spelling for stuff and it's basically slang

Mon en Seselwa

Creole is the official language in Seychelles, I don't know how to write it cause I grew up in England but I'm pretty sure we have a standard.
I have a rice cooker at home, we have always had one. My nationality? I live in the UK but I am a German citizen and my parents come from Sri Lanka.
Never owned one, imo it makes the rice taste awful. Hand washing for me because I'm a proper African :biggrin:
You don't need a rice cooker when you have potatoes.
Reply 64
Iraqi here
eat rice with pretty much everything :lol:
dont even know what it is
well... DIDN'T until @Axel Johann lost his **** on me for not knowing
im being disowned rip </3

y u no boil in a pan like normal people
what is this complicated technology :shakecane:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Shouldn't the rice cooker turn from cook to just warm after a certain time?

Yeah they do, but I was talking about boiling it in a normal pot. That's when I burn it haha, doesn't anyone else burn their rice??! Maybe it's just me:colondollar:
Yes you are, my culture is rice cooker and I am offend

I have one too. White English. :ashamed:

Does every Chinese person have a rice cooker, or are there some strange people who don't? :teehee:
Yup, my family has had them for as long as I can remember. We're Black British (except my dad who is Dominican).
Original post by WBZ144
Yup, my family has had them for as long as I can remember. We're Black British (except my dad who is Dominican).

You're the first black person I know of who has a rice cooker:redface:
Original post by cherryred90s

That's pretty surprising :P

Rice and peas are popular to eat with curry/stew in my dad's country and my mum cooks Jollof rice.

A lot of people in Seychelles are black and they all have one too

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have one! We usually eat rice everyday.

Im bengali:tongue:
I do! My parents are Sierra Leonean :smile:
Original post by WBZ144
That's pretty surprising :P

Rice and peas are popular to eat with curry/stew in my dad's country and my mum cooks Jollof rice.

Yeahh same but my mum always boils rice in the pan, so we never had the luxury of a rice cooker. I'm going to ask her why we don't have one since she cooks rice a lot :colonhash:
A lot of people in Seychelles are black and they all have one too

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them? Bold :tongue:
Seriously though, no black person I know has one :colondollar:
I suppose it depends on the country they're from too..
All of them? Bold :tongue:
Seriously though, no black person I know has one :colondollar:
I suppose it depends on the country they're from too..

I can't imagine a household without a rice cooker, I remember my grandparents had a rice cooker before they got a washing machine, before that they washed clothes on big rocks outside but a rice cooker was a must.
I can't imagine a household without a rice cooker, I remember my grandparents had a rice cooker before they got a washing machine, before that they washed clothes on big rocks outside but a rice cooker was a must.

I asked my mum why we don't have one
image.jpeg

Yeah I don't think we'll ever get one :frown:
I asked my mum why we don't have one
image.jpeg

Yeah I don't think we'll ever get one :frown:

Haha TSR's even got you asking your mum haha, I honestly grew up thinking a rice cooker was like electricity or a toilet, something everyone had.

I asked my friends yesterday as well, my white friends didn't know it existed. Indian ones didn't use one and my chinese friends had multiple.

Must be a stereotype.
I'm British and I don't have a rice cooker. They take up space etc when it's really easy to do easy cook basmati in a saucepan or wok in twenty minutes.
Haha TSR's even got you asking your mum haha, I honestly grew up thinking a rice cooker was like electricity or a toilet, something everyone had.

I asked my friends yesterday as well, my white friends didn't know it existed. Indian ones didn't use one and my chinese friends had multiple.

Must be a stereotype.

:laugh: I know right. How long does it take to cook in a rice cooker?
Yeah I have a Chinese flatmate and I can smell his rice cooker from my room like 4 days a week. Smells nice though so I'm not complaining.

Quick Reply

Latest