The Student Room Group

I'm sick of entitled junior doctors

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
Why should they go on strikes when MY taxes pay for them. Wow they're pays being cut so they won't be able to afford a second ferrari boo hoo. Meanwhile the poor refugees in calais are being subject to police and far right brutality. They need to get some perspective and stop their whinging and slowing down appointments in MY hospitals.

I think they're a troll for some reason...
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Doctors are the reason to why you haven't died yet. They spend years studying and working a high demand job.

The migrants in Calais? They want to come to the UK to scrounge off benefits. Maybe you should join them and let them stay at yours if you love them so much.

This isn't a good argument. Being a doctor is just a job. Plenty of people work harder, study for longer or get paid less.

As for migrants, they're probably harder working than most native Brits. They want to come to the UK because we're dropping bombs on their home country.
Original post by WBZ144
Did I say she went on strike?

Well did she?
Reply 23
Proof we're asking for more money please.

If it was really about the money we'd say nothing. We'd get paid more in a privatised health care system than we do now.

But then I'm trying to use logic with trolls and that's always silly.
Original post by Sarky
Proof we're asking for more money please.

If it was really about the money we'd say nothing. We'd get paid more in a privatised health care system than we do now.

But then I'm trying to use logic with trolls and that's always silly.

It's logic that doesn't exactly hold, by that logic if it were about the money you could be put on the minimum wage and keep your complaints to yourself, and most issues with the contracts in negotiations wouldn't be about pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are no refugees in Calais.

oh... you're referring to the economic illegal immigrants.
Doctors are the reason to why you haven't died yet. They spend years studying and working a high demand job.

The migrants in Calais? They want to come to the UK to scrounge off benefits. Maybe you should join them and let them stay at yours if you love them so much.

PRSOM.
Reply 27
Original post by Jammy Duel
It's logic that doesn't exactly hold, by that logic if it were about the money you could be put on the minimum wage and keep your complaints to yourself, and most issues with the contracts in negotiations wouldn't be about pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say it wasn't about money. I said it wasn't about more pay. Part of our argument is that we will be paid less money to do more unsociable hours under the new contract, but we are not asking for more.

Most people would have a problem with a contract being imposed on them with those changes.
Thye have already cost enough taxpayers money through their training as it is they should put up or shut up,.
Immoral government with proven track record of shafting anyone and everyone

Moral profession with a quiet track record with an avoidance to striking

I would have to see how the new contract falls in line with other first world healthcare contracts before coming to a solid objective conclusion but with the limited knowledge i have of this government and this deal, i fully support the doctors
Original post by karl pilkington
Thye have already cost enough taxpayers money through their training as it is they should put up or shut up,.

Taxpayer gets shafted if they up sticks and take their services elsewhere
Original post by Sarky
I didn't say it wasn't about money. I said it wasn't about more pay. Part of our argument is that we will be paid less money to do more unsociable hours under the new contract, but we are not asking for more.

Most people would have a problem with a contract being imposed on them with those changes.

As I recall there were four main grievances before the BMA walked out of negotiations, funnily enough 3 of those were about pay, specifically a pay rise. Clearly I have some old articles to try to dig out of my browsing history, including the proposals the BMA rejected for meeting them half way rather than giving them what they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We should just go private, healthcare at the moment is rubbish compared to America. The doctors, assuming they're good enough can get paid as much as they want then, and the rubbish doctors won't get jobs.
Original post by JordanL_
This isn't a good argument. Being a doctor is just a job. Plenty of people work harder, study for longer or get paid less.

As for migrants, they're probably harder working than most native Brits. They want to come to the UK because we're dropping bombs on their home country.

PRSOM

Why do they want to come to the UK because of that? They claim to be refugees yet they're already in a safe country. Oh wait, France doesn't have free healthcare and benefits..
Why do they want to come to the UK because of that? They claim to be refugees yet they're already in a safe country. Oh wait, France doesn't have free healthcare and benefits..

France has both of these. Healthcare is mostly government funded, and they do have social security. Many refugees do settle in France. Many have settled in Turkey, Greece, Germany, Spain, Jordan, and so on.
France has both of these. Healthcare is mostly government funded, and they do have social security. Many refugees do settle in France. Many have settled in Turkey, Greece, Germany, Spain, Jordan, and so on.

Then why are these lot sooo desperate to settle in the UK to the extent that they've tried to hijack trucks and trying going into the Euro tunnel? If they were refugees, they would have happily settled into France without any questions asked, not start up a camp,not make the crime rate in Calais rocket up and not have some sob story about why the UK's better than France.

And btw they're not refugees if they settle in France. They're economic migrants. France isn't next to Syria.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Taxpayer gets shafted if they up sticks and take their services elsewhere

some can but most won't as they all have family here etc it would not be possible for most of them to go to Australia etc
Then why are these lot sooo desperate to settle in the UK

They've probably heard stories that the UK is a nice place.

They must be so disappointed when they get here.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Those hospitals belong to all of us, including the doctors on strike.

If you were told you were getting a pay cut, would you consider changing jobs?

What have they changed to? Professional placard holder?

Original post by Sarky
part of our argument is that we will be paid less money to do more unsociable hours under the new contract, but we are not asking for more.

So you're simply pointing it out? For no real reason, just making an observation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending