The Student Room Group

Do you support nuking ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

I always imagine me getting an Iron Man suit and going and killing them all..... if only :frown:
Original post by The_Last_Melon
The world can easily be rid of terrorists, just gotta be willing to get them.

There will always be more, an ideology cannot be killed. Even if every known terrorist was caught today, there would still be more tomorrow.
No, for the same reason you wouldn't want to nuke anyone. The diplomatic risks are just far too high. Everyone is kinda scared of the person to the left of them pulling the trigger, so no one wants to do anything drastic.

If that makes sense.
Original post by kyragrace
There will always be more, an ideology cannot be killed. Even if every known terrorist was caught today, there would still be more tomorrow.

Oh right. I guess that is why we still worship Zeus.

Okay then, how would you rid the world of these ideologies?

So would you support the nuking of them or the capture of them for use in lethal scientific experimentations? Geneva convention is outdated now and is being exploited imo. It's time to get 21st century on them.

Maybe you ought to read up on nuclear weapons and then youd realise how ineffective your solution would be.
Bombing innocents will make us no better than them and simply fuel their ideology. ISIS isn't a nation or country its a religious radicalisation which we have already seen has infiltrated Europe and the UK let alone Syria or wherever the flavour of the month is. Do you suggest we bomb ourselves to get rid of them too?
Reply 27
I support nuking people who don't support nuking ISIS.
What about sending in robots? Or capturing them for experimental purposes.

How old are you exactly? Real life isn't a game you nerd.
That's a terrible idea.
Reply 30
What about sending in robots? Or capturing them for experimental purposes.

I'm all for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seen 3 vids of them which to me justify using nuclear weapons to rid the world of them:

1) En masse slaughter of locals with handgun and throwing bodies into river.

2) Cutting someone's throat who is wearing a western sport t-shirt and throwing his body into a grave in a praying position probably facing Mecca.

3) Posing with kidnapped western children they have captured.

I really do not see why America hasn't nuked them. Or at least begin to use them for testing their latest robotic munitions? Of course, the USA doesn't consider them a threat, because they are so far away and they have such puny resources and they are clearly welcoming their own defeat. But I really don't understand why they don't use them for scientific experimentation? There is a lot to be known about the human body and we could find out using these people, so why not? There is just cause.

edit: ****, was supposed to include a poll

So would you support the nuking of them or the capture of them for use in lethal scientific experimentations? Geneva convention is outdated now and is being exploited imo. It's time to get 21st century on them.

"ISIS kill innocent people, so let's nuke a huge area and kill loads of innocent civilians as well as groups fighting against ISIS in the process..." ???

ISIS are being driven back on pretty much every front (albeit fairly slowly), and that's just from conventional bombs. Nuking them is just a ridiculous idea and it isn't anywhere near necessary.
Original post by kyragrace
Okay then, how would you rid the world of these ideologies?

you don't really need to get rid of a bad idea it just gets rid of itself, you just need to make sure its adherents don't impose themselves upon the rational folk
(edited 8 years ago)
I think we should just get Arnold Schwarzenegger to charge in with an LMG, a combat knife and some grenades and mow them all down only shooting from the hip.

Imo, the son of zeus, brother of hercules and father of aesthetics was much more important.

Seen 3 vids of them which to me justify using nuclear weapons to rid the world of them:

1) En masse slaughter of locals with handgun and throwing bodies into river.

2) Cutting someone's throat who is wearing a western sport t-shirt and throwing his body into a grave in a praying position probably facing Mecca.

3) Posing with kidnapped western children they have captured.

I really do not see why America hasn't nuked them. Or at least begin to use them for testing their latest robotic munitions? Of course, the USA doesn't consider them a threat, because they are so far away and they have such puny resources and they are clearly welcoming their own defeat. But I really don't understand why they don't use them for scientific experimentation? There is a lot to be known about the human body and we could find out using these people, so why not? There is just cause.

edit: ****, was supposed to include a poll

You don't get rid of them by bombs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliRizzo
How old are you exactly? Real life isn't a game you nerd.

it's quite similar just better graphics
If it was approved, where would you plan to drop a nuke ?
Original post by SemiteLog
If it was approved, where would you plan to drop a nuke ?

Where I live by the sound of it Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Nuking them is only going to strengthen their cause because you'll inevitably be killing civilians in the process. ISIS thrives on the "evil west hating and killing muslims" narrative, so it'd be stupid to fuel it. That's why, while I understand Trump's demand to ban muslims, I find it dangerous as it fuels the ISIS narrative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending