The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Currently looking for a year long placement between my second and third years of study. Is it possible to apply for a student loan whilst on placement. If I am unsuccessful in obtaining a placement is it possible to alter the application? I will be applying for a loan based on the proposed income of a possible placement. Therefore if I am unsuccessful, I am concerned that I will not have the required funds to support my third year of study.

Many thanks.
Original post by btg95
Currently looking for a year long placement between my second and third years of study. Is it possible to apply for a student loan whilst on placement. If I am unsuccessful in obtaining a placement is it possible to alter the application? I will be applying for a loan based on the proposed income of a possible placement. Therefore if I am unsuccessful, I am concerned that I will not have the required funds to support my third year of study.

Many thanks.

Placement loan eligibility depends on how your university manage your placement years and inform the SLC/SFE of the details. You need to speak to your university directly about what finance you may or may not be entitled to.
Reply 2
That's made things clearer.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending