The Student Room Group

University of Bath vs University of Birmingham

Hello I'm just wondering what are people's opinions on these two universities for psychology :smile: ????
Original post by amylouise5
Hello I'm just wondering what are people's opinions on these two universities for psychology :smile: ????

They are two amazing universities!!!! I will also be applying to both of these uni's for the same course so maybe I'm being a little biased :colone:

Bath's open day was great..... it really lived up to my expectations. Although it isn't a Russel group uni, it ranks 2nd for Psychology and has stellar national reputation in the UK.

Birmingham is another great uni that I will be visiting very soon.... I've heard many great things about the Psychology department which ranks 5th or 4th overall. Overall Birmingham for Psychology ranks 8th and it is a Russel group.

Both uni's are in the top 10 for Psy and have amazing graduate prospects, Btw what course will you be applying for at these unis? MSci or BSc or placement?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Parasite
They are two amazing universities!!!! I will also be applying to both of these uni's for the same course so maybe I'm being a little biased :colone:

Bath's open day was great..... it really lived up to my expectations. Although it isn't a Russel group uni, it ranks 2nd for Psychology and has stellar national reputation in the UK.

Birmingham is another great uni that I will be visiting very soon.... I've heard many great things about the Psychology department which ranks 5th or 4th overall. Overall Birmingham for Psychology ranks 8th and it is a Russel group.

Both uni's are in the top 10 for Psy and have amazing graduate prospects, Btw what course will you be applying for at these unis? MSci or BSc or placement?

Thankyou for the information :smile: I actually have an offer for the BSci at Birmingham for ABB and then an offer for the 5 year Msci at Bath for A*AA :smile: I just can't decide which to firm and which to put as insurance 😂😂
Original post by amylouise5
Thankyou for the information :smile: I actually have an offer for the BSci at Birmingham for ABB and then an offer for the 5 year Msci at Bath for A*AA :smile: I just can't decide which to firm and which to put as insurance 😂😂

congrats on your offers btw. I would personally firm Bath and insurance Birmingham although you may do whatever you wish. Bath is such a friendly uni and beautiful city.... I wouldn't let that offer pass for these reasons + it is ranked 2nd for Psychology. The placement opportunities are diverse. They have great industry links (so does Birmingham, which is why you truly have the best of both world)

Go with the uni you see yourself most at. do you prefer big cities VS small ones for example. I personally prefer Bath ever so slightly though.

Quick Reply

Latest