The Student Room Group

Received an offer from UEA but I won't get the grades, what can I do?

I got an conditional offer from UEA for English literature with Creative Writing and I need to achieve 45 credits in Distinction at level 3. I have already 6 credits in Merit so that maximum amount of Distinctionsi can now get is 39. I've 21 so far so I'm not too worried about getting all 39, but I can't resubmit the two assignments I got merits on so I'm stuck with these grades.

Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? I'm desperate to fix it somehow, is there any way I can though?
I thought of asking my tutor if I could do two extra assignments but I have a feeling that she'll either say it's not formally/legally possible or she'll just flat out refuse. :l
Any advice? I contacted the uni and they said I need to wait until results day. I really want to study English literature with Creative Writing at UEA.
Presumably you got the merits before they made the offer otherwise that would be an impossible offer.?
Ask if you can do any extra credits otherwise its waiting for results and at he discretion of the Uni. Just focus on getting the other 18.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Presumably you got the merits before they made the offer otherwise that would be an impossible offer.?
Ask if you can do any extra credits otherwise its waiting for results and at he discretion of the Uni. Just focus on getting the other 18.

Yes, and yes, will do.

Is there any point in going to an applicant day if I've already made them my firm choice? Would the uni look at things like if I went to an applicant day, when they'll be deciding if they'll let me in with my merits or not?
Original post by inveniemus
Yes, and yes, will do.

Is there any point in going to an applicant day if I've already made them my firm choice? Would the uni look at things like if I went to an applicant day, when they'll be deciding if they'll let me in with my merits or not?

Just to see the Uni yes, but if you are sneaky then you may even see a few lecturers to chat diplomatically with. It does you no harm if they remember your face when deciding what to do. In the big scheme of things it might not matter at all.

Doubt actual attendance at an applicant day will make much difference.
Original post by inveniemus
... I thought of asking my tutor if I could do two extra assignments but I have a feeling that she'll either say it's not formally/legally possible or she'll just flat out refuse...

You may as well ask. What do you have to lose?
You could ask about doing a foundation year if they won't budge on their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending