The Student Room Group

Exams 2016

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the exams are closing in on us all :frown: Is everyone ready for them?
How are you preparing for them?
Are you stressed out and don't want to do no more?

Well discuss it all here! Because we can do this together this year we will all claim our "Top Grades" if you are aiming for an A let us get that! If you are aiming for a B let's do this bruh :biggrin: If you're doing A2's I expect those A*'s because we all have the ability to do this we just need to work hard and be determined!
And yes I'm talking to you :wink:

Here are a few tips that have helped me get from a U at the start of the year to now A's/B's: (AS-Level)

Colour Co-ordinating my notes this has really helped me as it makes it much easier to picture the notes in my head during a test or something :smile:

Making clear diagrams on a white board and sticking it in my bedroom!

Repeating the notes out LOUD so that everyone can hear it XD

Listening to music that motivates you and makes you want to do more, I know how difficult it can be sometimes to do any work but the day you feel like you can't do no more THAT DAY YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Acting like a pro because tbh who ain't a pro on TSR :wink:

My AS-levels:
- Further maths
- Maths
- Biology
- Physics
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

you are doing AS?
i thought you are doing GCSEs :lol:
I'm currently doing my gcse's and I just wanted your opinion on using youtube videos as a revision tool
Original post by the-future-medic
I'm currently doing my gcse's and I just wanted your opinion on using youtube videos as a revision tool

Ahan so how you are revising?
and you use youtube for what subjects?
Original post by fatima1998
you are doing AS?
i thought you are doing GCSEs :lol:

Omg... Wow! I told you this before just goes to show you dont pay attention to me :frown:

It's okay but for the sciences i wouldn't recommend it if you're only going to watch those because there's so many that don't have the new specification so it sucks :/
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Omg... Wow! I told you this before just goes to show you dont pay attention to me :frown:

lol GOSHHHH- you told me that you do maths but how would i know its GCSE or AS maths :h:
i DO pay attention on you buddy :love:
The colours...formatting...emojis......

I know what its like to read my own posts now xD

And Im studying

AS

Geo and Maths

A2

geo,maths,chem,bio

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
It's okay but for the sciences i wouldn't recommend it if you're only going to watch those because there's so many that don't have the new specification so it sucks :/

Thanks and i only use YouTube videos for maths and English.
Ahan so how you are revising?
and you use youtube for what subjects?

I use YouTube videos for maths and English and i revise by mostly doing past papers and writing out notes from the revsion guide. For latin i use flashcards.
Reply 10
Original post by ForestShadow
The colours...formatting...emojis......

I know what its like to read my own posts now xD

And Im studying

AS

Geo and Maths

A2

geo,maths,chem,bio

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

just wanted to say that i always really appreciate your memes, gifs quotes etc :biggrin: <3

ok let me get back to revision now :getmecoat:
lol GOSHHHH- you told me that you do maths but how would i know its GCSE or AS maths :h:
i DO pay attention on you buddy :love:

No you clearly don't :wink: but you're still my friend
Thanks and i only use YouTube videos for maths and English.

Yea they're very helpful i still do for a-levels now ;D
Original post by ivy.98
just wanted to say that i always really appreciate your memes, gifs quotes etc :biggrin: <3

ok let me get back to revision now :getmecoat:

And g whatre you studying?:tongue:
I use YouTube videos for maths and English and i revise by mostly doing past papers and writing out notes from the revsion guide. For latin i use flashcards.

then it's GREAT :clap2:
Yea they're very helpful i still do for a-levels now ;D

Thats really good to know and I hope that you get really good grades for your A-Level exams :smile:
No you clearly don't :wink: but you're still my friend

I swear i do :huff:
but you tagged me on third - thats shows something :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by ForestShadow

And g whatre you studying?:tongue:

awwww such a cute meme :3

A2 biology, psychology, sociology and german. the only subject i acc like tho is biology, the rest are boooooring as hell -_-
Hello there, thanks for the tag :biggrin:
Thats really good to know and I hope that you get really good grades for your A-Level exams :smile:

Thanks mate I'm aiming for:
Maths - A*
Further maths - A*
Physics - A
Biology im gonna drop but for AS I want a B ;p

Quick Reply

Latest