The Student Room Group

Warwick university investigates racist slurs scrawled on student's bananas

Honestly can't say I'm too surprised that this happened. This is the kind of thing that should kick up a ****storm and not all those irrelevant non issues.

Racism needs to end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/06/warwick-university-investigates-racist-slurs-scrawled-on-student/

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/warwick-racist-graffiti-scrawled-on-banana-investigation_uk_5703d1c8e4b0884065f154ca?edition=uk

On the second banana it's the N word

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Having to live with tossers is one of the worst things about uni.
That's unfortunate. How did they know those were her bananas?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
That's unfortunate.

Hey this is the particular case I was talking about earlier that seemed to be trending on my feed.
Is it true that there's a lot of racism in places like Warwick uni,York and Exeter and Durham?
Incredibly distressing ordeal?

Being kidnapped is a an incredibly distressing ordeal, not having some mean words written on a fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shouldn't we wait for the facts before we rush to judge

But I will say one person being racist does not make a place 'racist'

Also I'm always wary of people who will tweet their outrage before reporting things to the relevant authorities

(and as I'm a massive cynic I'll wait for the facts n this one but have my suspicions)
Original post by BaconandSauce
Shouldn't we wait for the facts before we rush to judge

But I will say one person being racist does not make a place 'racist'

Also I'm always wary of people who will tweet their outrage before reporting things to the relevant authorities

(and as I'm a massive cynic I'll wait for the facts n this one but have my suspicions)

Nah,I don't think this is a single case happening at these institutions. There's probably a history of more racial abuse cases
Original post by DiddyDec
Incredibly distressing ordeal?

Being kidnapped is a an incredibly distressing ordeal, not having some mean words written on a fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Diddy,just have a heart,please? For once
Original post by queen-bee
Is it true that there's a lot of racism in places like Warwick uni,York and Exeter and Durham?

No. The UK in general is hardly racist at all, if compared to the rest of the world.
Nah,I don't think this is a single case happening at these institutions. There's probably a history of more racial abuse cases

Lets stick to the facts queeny :wink:
Original post by KingBradly
No. The UK in general is hardly racist at all, if compared to the rest of the world.

Maybe not within London but certain in other towns and village outside the capital,I would say.
Diddy,just have a heart,please? For once

No.

Being attacked by terrorists is an incredibly distressing ordeal, not racial slurs on bananas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
Lets stick to the facts queeny :wink:

It's true tho. Ethnic minorities being racially abused and coming forward about it. I've yet to hear such cases happening at London unis
Original post by DiddyDec
No.

Being attacked by terrorists is an incredibly distressing ordeal, not racial slurs on bananas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused:

I just cannot...
:confused:

I just cannot...

What's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Wouldn't be surprised if she wrote it herself. That's the kind of **** people do for attention and sympathy.
"It was just banter".

Seriously though the culprit(s) should be banned permanently from University education.

During my first year at Uni these 3 knob heads took shits on top of the toilet and wrecked the kitchen 4 times and got nothing.

Racism has no place in society.

Lol at the Trump picture found on "HER fridge in her flat".

I'm suspicious of the way the n-word is spelt though. Never really seen many people spell it that way who weren't black...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dodgypirate
During my first year at Uni these 3 knob heads took shits on top of the toilet and wrecked the kitchen 4 times and got nothing.

tops lads tbh
Original post by an_atheist
Just going by the provided image of the woman being insulted, she looks like a total bitch who is difficult to live around.
And as Diddy is saying, having a racial slur thrown at you is not 'distressing'. Its upsetting for the victim and rude, but not to the extent that she is making it out to be.

Who are you to dictate what is distressing to people and what isn't??
No one knows the back story of this and should therefore not state how she should or should not have reacted.
The fact that you're judging her as being a b**** from one photo makes you sound like a complete prick tbh
Racism should not be brushed under the carpet - it happens and no matter how 'minor' it may be it's still unaccepatable and should not be taking lightly just because it's the 21st century.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending