The Student Room Group

Internet friend

so i have this internet friend, a guy and i kind of have feelings for him, we live very far away from each other and i did tell him that i liked him, and he said that he liked me back but i don't believe him.
I really like talking to him, he's cool and that but we haven't been talking for a long time and i know internet friends/relationships don't really last long unless you're lucky and i just feel like he's not interested in me anymore, or doesn't want to talk to me, like i've messaged him a few times and his replies are really short and it seems like he's not bothered anymore. So now i don't really know what to do ://
He may have found the whole thing a bit awkward.

How old is he? It's almost exam season; so he could just be very busy.
Original post by Tiger Rag
He may have found the whole thing a bit awkward.

How old is he? It's almost exam season; so he could just be very busy.

he's 17 years old.
u both sound lonely
Original post by Latin Beauty
u both sound lonely

really? how so?
Reply 5
u both sound lonely

lol
Original post by princessmexox
really? how so?

catching feelings over the net

plus things goin sour and u still wanna be down

somebody with friends and dates in rl wouldnt do this
Reply 7
i think maybe you should try to get over him because you both live far and you're both still young and maybe he used to like you but not anymore? i don't want to sound rude or anything but it just might be that. So i think you should just focus on studies and try not to think about him too much as it can affect you. :smile:
Where do you both live btw?
I met my best friend on the internet actually.
And we still friends.
He may be busy with exams or just in general. So just take it a wee bit at a time and dont get too upset over it.

And to Latin Beauty:
People can get attached to people emotiomally. All attractions dont necessarily need to happen physically or people dont just get down.
This guy mustve been texting her and chatting constantly for a while and when that person stops it does hurt.
Also u cannot say that she doesnt have friends in rl or anything bcos thats just mean.
you have too much time on your hands
catching feelings over the net

plus things goin sour and u still wanna be down

somebody with friends and dates in rl wouldnt do this

just because i talk to people online doesn't mean i don't have friends and dates lol
Original post by yara.y
i think maybe you should try to get over him because you both live far and you're both still young and maybe he used to like you but not anymore? i don't want to sound rude or anything but it just might be that. So i think you should just focus on studies and try not to think about him too much as it can affect you. :smile:
Where do you both live btw?

nah you're not being rude, i know what you mean and thanks :smile:
I live in iceland and he lives in new jersey...quite far.
Original post by Anonymous
I met my best friend on the internet actually.
And we still friends.
He may be busy with exams or just in general. So just take it a wee bit at a time and dont get too upset over it.

And to Latin Beauty:
People can get attached to people emotiomally. All attractions dont necessarily need to happen physically or people dont just get down.
This guy mustve been texting her and chatting constantly for a while and when that person stops it does hurt.
Also u cannot say that she doesnt have friends in rl or anything bcos thats just mean.

Thanks <3
Original post by princessmexox
just because i talk to people online doesn't mean i don't have friends and dates lol

u prolly do...but i meant companionship

normal folk dont catch feelings online
u prolly do...but i meant companionship

normal folk dont catch feelings online

Normal folk can catch feelings online.

Quick Reply