The Student Room Group

I like him, but I'm kinda scared to say yes...

So I had a job over Christmas, and got on really well with one guy (J). I'm 18 and he is 22, and I originally thought he just enjoyed teasing me rather than it being anything more.
Fast forward to now, I've left that job but still spend a lot of time talking to J. As in I wake up early cos I know he'll be texting me before work, and we spend all evening talking as well. I thought we were just friends, mostly cos noone has ever liked me like that so I didn't think he would.
We've met up a few times, then he asked me out but I told him I wasn't ready just yet, which he was really nice about. The thing is I do really like him, but he's older and has had gf before whereas I'm completely new to all this... I don't know what to do!! I felt bad saying no to J, and we're meeting tomorrow and I might say yes, but I'm kinda scared of being in a relationship... I don't want to mess up! Help?

Tl;dr - he likes me, I like him. Turned him down cos wasn't ready now I want to say yes but am scared to :/
Just throw yourself into it, you might just enjoy it!
If you go into the relationship and **** it up, then what happens? You two end up not being together, but you had some fun times.

If you reject him altogether, then what happens? You're still not together, but lack the fun times.
You're 18 and this is the first time you've had a boyfriend or a relationship?
Go for it :smile:
Reply 5
[video="youtube;vW1hv37imjw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW1hv37imjw&nohtml5=False[/video]
Another go for it. learning experience and you cna see how it goes. worry less and enjoy it more. when you stop enjoying it then think about fixing it or mobing on.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
You're 18 and this is the first time you've had a boyfriend or a relationship?

First time for everything... There's never been anyone I liked enough before, plus there's no way I would have had enough confidence before this year! The only experience I have is kissing some guy at a club when I was half druni
Reply 8
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
If you go into the relationship and **** it up, then what happens? You two end up not being together, but you had some fun times.

If you reject him altogether, then what happens? You're still not together, but lack the fun times.

Original post by 999tigger
Another go for it. learning experience and you cna see how it goes. worry less and enjoy it more. when you stop enjoying it then think about fixing it or mobing on.

I think I just needed someone to tell me to go for it :smile: I did warn him that if anything happens, I'd need it to go slow, but I suppose I can't expect him to go at my pace forever...
Original post by Anonymous
I think I just needed someone to tell me to go for it :smile: I did warn him that if anything happens, I'd need it to go slow, but I suppose I can't expect him to go at my pace forever...

He sounds nice and you could do a lot worse for a first bf. Contact him and say youve been thinking about it. and youve changed your mind- i assume you asking him out might be a bit more than youd feel comfy with. Sure it will be fine.
Reply 10
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Well, you kind of ignore the whole deep rooted psychological issues a lot of people leave them with but yeah... Risks and reward and everything.
Reply 11
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Carpe diem. Seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending