The Student Room Group

OMAM Animal imagery?

Is there any point in revising animal imagery for the OMAM exam (AQA)?
Original post by luciie
Is there any point in revising animal imagery for the OMAM exam (AQA)?

It's a very nice subtle point to include, but as long as you're aware of it then you don't need to do any 'special' revision for it - it's open book so you'll be able to look up quotations if they're relevant :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
It's a very nice subtle point to include, but as long as you're aware of it then you don't need to do any 'special' revision for it - it's open book so you'll be able to look up quotations if they're relevant :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Did you do OMAM for your exam?
Original post by luciie
Thank you! :smile: Did you do OMAM for your exam?

Yep :smile:
Reply 4
Yep :smile:

What did you do quote wise? I'm trying to sort out my notes but I don't know if I should be remembering a few quotes that are specific to each character or to each theme (or both :s-smilie:)
Original post by luciie
What did you do quote wise? I'm trying to sort out my notes but I don't know if I should be remembering a few quotes that are specific to each character or to each theme (or both :s-smilie:)

I didn't remember specific quotes, I remembered the episodes where I knew I could find good quotes, so I could flick to them easily in the exam :smile: I already knew a few basic ones just from the repetition of doing them in class, but it's good to just have a general knowledge of where and when each theme/ character is best exemplified
Reply 6
I didn't remember specific quotes, I remembered the episodes where I knew I could find good quotes, so I could flick to them easily in the exam :smile: I already knew a few basic ones just from the repetition of doing them in class, but it's good to just have a general knowledge of where and when each theme/ character is best exemplified

Thank you! :smile:
Imagery, you could say was Steinbeck's way of conveying the interrelationships between nature and man. He pondered upon Lennie's innocence, by using salient descriptors that resembled that of an Animal. It's important to revise, especially if the question requires you to dwell on the motifs of the play :smile:
You could also use the quote which is atthe start of the novel. It describes lennie as having bear like features (hands)

Quick Reply

Latest