The Student Room Group

Biggest regrets?

Hey,I'm a current Y10 GCSE Student,I would like to do medicine at a Top uni(Cambridge) later on.
What are your your(preferably y11/12 or the older) biggest regrets from GCSE?
So for example,is it starting exam revision to late or?
And what tip would you give to a current GCSE student and any pitfalls to avoid?
Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VNN
Hey,I'm a current Y10 GCSE Student,I would like to do medicine at a Top uni(Cambridge) later on.
And what tip would you give to a current GCSE student and any pitfalls to avoid?
Thanks.

I'd say my biggest regret was not covering the whole subject for some of my revision as much as other areas - for my Chemistry exams, a lot of the questions were on areas I hadn't revised as much, and the parts I'd spend loads of time on didn't come up :lol:
Original post by VNN
Thanks.

revision now is too late but some is better than none
ideally you should've started with 4 hours a day quality time doing revision since January

biggest regret is that i didn't revise enough
My biggest regret is that I focused too much on content and not enough on exam technique - I didn't really realise it's just about playing a game.
when I was a teen, I wasn't tapping that ass when all my friends were
Original post by AlmightyJesus
when I was a teen, I wasn't tapping that ass when all my friends were

I choked on my drink
im currently doing my GCSE's this year. My biggest regret was not starting revsion on time or sticking to my revision schedule.

DONT procrastinate. DO your revision you dont have a choice.
Anyone doing the innovation challenge, got my exam in 2 weeks and i really need help :s-smilie:
It all started when i was born...
My biggest regret is copying information from textbooks for revision and not doing past papers properly.
Not taking enough breaks because I thought they were 'detrimental to my A*s'.

OH THE IRONY :rofl:
Not taking my exams seriously and therefore not revising properly and procrastinating a lot.

Learn to say “no” more often to things that you’d like to do but don’t really have time for.

Use social networks for silly purposes less frequently.

Watch out for the thieves of time: TV, the Internet, boring friends, cell phones, games, etc.

Have a set time to sleep and wake up—and sleep for at least seven hours. A good night’s sleep is the secret of high productivity during the day.

Plan what you will do in advance. Planning saves time.

Don’t bite off more than you can chew, finding more and more things to do while other more important ones are being delayed. Write down your ideas in a file entitled “maybe in the future”. Don’t start a new project until you finish the one you’re working on.

If you’ve reached your time limit, let the important people in your life know that you can no longer accept new projects and responsibilities unless you complete or stop doing something else.

Take time off to regain energy and recover mentally. Once a week, even if it’s just for a few hours.

Make time for the most important person in your life. Once a week, even if it’s just for a few hours.

Original post by Dysprosium
It all started when i was born...

Haha,You joking,right?
Original post by thefatone
revision now is too late but some is better than none
ideally you should've started with 4 hours a day quality time doing revision since January

biggest regret is that i didn't revise enough

Ah ok,thanks...
Original post by ellie0497
My biggest regret is copying information from textbooks for revision and not doing past papers properly.

What exactly do you mean by properly?
Original post by ivybridge
My biggest regret is that I focused too much on content and not enough on exam technique - I didn't really realise it's just about playing a game.

Exam technique,such as...?
Original post by Blackstarr

Learn to say “no” more often to things that you’d like to do but don’t really have time for.

Use social networks for silly purposes less frequently.

Watch out for the thieves of time: TV, the Internet, boring friends, cell phones, games, etc.

Have a set time to sleep and wake up—and sleep for at least seven hours. A good night’s sleep is the secret of high productivity during the day.

Plan what you will do in advance. Planning saves time.

Don’t bite off more than you can chew, finding more and more things to do while other more important ones are being delayed. Write down your ideas in a file entitled “maybe in the future”. Don’t start a new project until you finish the one you’re working on.

If you’ve reached your time limit, let the important people in your life know that you can no longer accept new projects and responsibilities unless you complete or stop doing something else.

Take time off to regain energy and recover mentally. Once a week, even if it’s just for a few hours.

Make time for the most important person in your life. Once a week, even if it’s just for a few hours.

Aha,Thanks you very much...
I was thinking of starting revision early like a year ahead,good idea?
Original post by VNN
Exam technique,such as...?

How to tick the boxes of examiners.
Original post by ivybridge
How to tick the boxes of examiners.

Haha...
So is exam technique actually important then?

Quick Reply

Latest