The Student Room Group

Gaming pc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by martinnmartin
Lmao sure, post your parts or you're lying.

It's obviously better to have a newer operating system because it will be updated for longer

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're acting like building a good PC is hard to do. I'm pretty sure most if not everyone in these PC threads have great PCs. YOU'RE the one asking US for advice, novice. You're the one with the shitty PSU who literally asked if the Hyper 212 of all things is good for overclocking. And the above quote about Windows 10, that's brilliant.

If you're interested in my build, look it up, but I know you're not. You'll say I'm lying anyway, like it matters.
I, just like a few other people in this thread, would not recommend going with a Corsair CX/CS series power supply. Go for something high quality with at least an 80+ Gold rating like one from Seasonic or Super Flower, or made by them like one from Corsair's AX series or EVGA's SuperNova G2s.
You should also give yourself the ability to overclock. Even if you don't plan on overclocking right now, how do you know that won't be the case in 2-3 years? Considering how little you'll be saving you're best off sticking with a -K processor.

And how urgently do need this PC? Or need to be able to game on this PC? AMD's Polaris and Nvidia's Pascal graphics cards will be coming out later this year, might be worth waiting?

Edit: Just took another look at your parts list, a CD/DVD writer? What year is this? 2005? Get yourself an external one. Also get yourself a Fractal Design Define S over the Corsair 200R, better watercooling support and a better case in general. And don't get an MSI motherboard, get one from Asus. MSI boards have mediocre fan control and Killer NICs instead of good ol' Intel NICs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Saeedpoppa

And how urgently do need this PC? Or need to be able to game on this PC? AMD's Polaris and Nvidia's Pascal graphics cards will be coming out later this year, might be worth waiting?

I'm actually building between September and December in time for the Christmas steam sales

Edit: Just took another look at your parts list, a CD/DVD writer? What year is this? 2005? Get yourself an external one.

An external one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzyoscy
You're acting like building a good PC is hard to do. I'm pretty sure most if not everyone in these PC threads have great PCs. YOU'RE the one asking US for advice, novice. You're the one with the shitty PSU who literally asked if the Hyper 212 of all things is good for overclocking. And the above quote about Windows 10, that's brilliant.

If you're interested in my build, look it up, but I know you're not. You'll say I'm lying anyway, like it matters.

LOL sorry don't need advice from a WWE wrestling fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually building between September and December in time for the Christmas steam sales

Then take the R9 390 off of your list, because by the time you get to building this PC a newer, likely better graphics card in this tier will have been released.

An external one?

An external CD/DVD writer, like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patuoxun-Portable-External-Macbook-Desktops/dp/B018U6HCN8/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1460049031&sr=1-9&keywords=external+dvd+drive
Unless you're one those people who still use CDs and DVDs on a regular basis, you'll be best off getting one these, rather than an internal writer which will use up a SATA port and mostly just be a waste of space.
Original post by Saeedpoppa
Then take the R9 390 off of your list, because by the time you get to building this PC a newer, likely better graphics card in this tier will have been released.

An external CD/DVD writer, like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patuoxun-Portable-External-Macbook-Desktops/dp/B018U6HCN8/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1460049031&sr=1-9&keywords=external+dvd+drive
Unless you're one those people who still use CDs and DVDs on a regular basis, you'll be best off getting one these, rather than an internal writer which will use up a SATA port and mostly just be a waste of space.

Ok thanks for the advice, I'll see if the new GPU's are worth it for the price when they come out and I'll get an external DVD /CD drive

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL sorry don't need advice from a WWE wrestling fan

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I've got you so worked up that you've literally looked up my post history. Creepy. Next you'll be trying to compare computers. Oh wait hahaha.
So I've got you so worked up that you've literally looked up my post history. Creepy. Next you'll be trying to compare computers. Oh wait hahaha.

You can tell he's been failing his A Levels. Guy doesn't even know how to overclock.
Original post by Neverdie
You can tell he's been failing his A Levels. Guy doesn't even know how to overclock.

Ahahah another wrestling fan- you know it's fake right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's backtrack and reiterate that you actually made a thread asking for advice, and are now trying to abuse (and creepily stalk) people who gave some. What's wrong with you?

Ahahah another wrestling fan- you know it's fake right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

REALLY?? You only just realised?

You mean like Game of Thrones, The Matrix and James Bond?!

Those are all fake btw...
(edited 8 years ago)
4790k is faster though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am mistaken, I din't know intel actually change the clock speeds now with the K series :O
(edited 8 years ago)
Let's backtrack and reiterate that you actually made a thread asking for advice, and are now trying to abuse (and creepily stalk) people who gave some. What's wrong with you?

REALLY?? You only just realised?

You mean like Game of Thrones, The Matrix and James Bond?!

Yeah but TV shows aren't trying to be real- wrestling fans are actually deluded in thinking they're watching people fight live on TV lmao

Those are all fake btw...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of moron thinks anyone over the age of 10 thinks pro wrestling is real? You don't even know how to quote properly or build a good computer, so maybe that answers the question. :lol:
What kind of moron thinks anyone over the age of 10 thinks pro wrestling is real? You don't even know how to quote properly or build a good computer, so maybe that answers the question. :lol:

When why do you care about wrestling dumb ass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When why do you care about wrestling dumb ass?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not that this reply was in discernible English, but let's take a moment to consider you're now banging on about wrestling in a PC gaming thread, because you're attacking someone who gave friendly advice when you asked for it. Incredible.
Ok honestly you should get the Intel HD 530 card and if you can, get an i7 3520m, you'll be able to play the latest games on highest settings.
Ok honestly you should get the Intel HD 530 card and if you can, get an i7 3520m, you'll be able to play the latest games on highest settings.

Even a GTX 980TI can't play the latest games on the highest settings at a steady 60 FPS (I should know, I've just bought one). You'd certainly get absolute constant 30 FPS though at probably any other resolution than 4K
Original post by Tempest II
Even a GTX 980TI can't play the latest games on the highest settings at a steady 60 FPS (I should know, I've just bought one). You'd certainly get absolute constant 30 FPS though at probably any other resolution than 4K

Ok, spoil the joke why don't ya?

The 980 TI is the most powerful card around right now. Far less powerful cards can play games at ultra settings at 1080 x 1920. Don't know about FPS, but it'll be more than 30.
Does anyone here own an R9 390 or 390X?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest