The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Wow.

Please can you answer these questions:

1. Who do you think built the Pyramids of Egypt?
2. Where did you get the rubbish that "melanin in African skin is magical and extracted from murdered Africans by white people"?
3. Also the absurd idea that "white people or 'white devils' were created as a slave race by ancient Africans in an experiment that went wrong"?

----------------------
Yes, Mike Brown was a bad person and he apparently stole on the day of his murder. However, the idea that he tried to reach for officer's gun is the Officer's claim. The truth is that nobody really knows what happened in that case. People want to believe the police officer's word because disbelieving his word will clearly put him in the middle of a murder trial.

The main issue is that black people want to be treated with respect. The Charleston shooting killer, where one man killed 9 innocent church members inside a church with the sole objective of starting a race war, was treated with so much respect that you would have thought he was just a petty thief. Regardless of the race, people should be treated with dignity.

Black people don't believe th crap that you claim they believe. Many African-Americans just want to go out in the morning and come back home alive. It is not a major ask.

He's a fruitcake just ignore him :laugh:
American chiming in here . . . From your vantage point across the sea from the US, it must seem like America's white people commit a non-stop barrage of unspeakable offenses against the black citizens of our country. And understandably so, because that's the picture that our mainstream media paints every single day for all the world to see. But the media's representation of issues of race in this country are misleading and inflammatory, and they are not designed to inform; they are designed to incite. Allen B. West is a former Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army and also a former US Congressman. He is currently the President and CEO of the National Center for Policy Analysis. Notably, he is also a black American. The following text was pulled directly from Mr. West's website (http://www.allenbwest.com/meet-allen-west/):
"University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest data from the FBI and Centers for Disease Control.From 2003 through 2012, law-enforcement officers killed an average of 429 people per year in “legal interventions.” These include a relatively small number of innocent people killed by cops and many more who died due to reasonable use of force.But the biggest problem black men face is that their black lives don’t matter to other black men.On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man criminal or innocent killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men."

The fact is that blacks commit significantly more crime than whites in this country. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that an the more crimes you commit, the more encounters you will have with members of law enforcement. Blacks are getting shot by white cops because most criminals are black and most cops are white. Don't believe the hype, my friends.
Original post by NickLCFC
I really don't see how what happened 100 years ago is relevant. You can't compare inequality back then to what's it like in modern day America unless you are just completely deluded. Besides, I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on the current 'issues' they are tackling, I'm just saying they should address it on top of those other issues. In my opinion, black on black murder is a far bigger problem that anything they are currently tackling. Obviously, this wouldn't be the case 100 years ago as you stated. The whole ISIS example is hardly comparable either. This is a movement that is actively campaigning that 'black lives matter' so why are they ignoring the cause of the biggest loss of black lives? Once again, I wasn't trying to deny the issue of police brutality so why are you implying that I somehow suggested you should ignore it?

By the way, on the issue of police brutality, could you provide me with a source that proves racism is the cause of a disproportionate amount of black shootings by US police?

Nobody is ignoring the biggest loss to black communities. Black parents are educating their children about violence. Black colleges are educating their students about these issues as well. Just because they are not singing it, does not mean that the conversations are not taking place.

All they need is for others to get educated that their lives matter.
Nobody is ignoring the biggest loss to black communities. Black parents are educating their children about violence. Black colleges are educating their students about these issues as well. Just because they are not singing it, does not mean that the conversations are not taking place.

Are they? Source? It's not like there's been a decrease in the rate of black on black crime...

As I said, doesn't it make sense for a 'black lives matter' movement to address the cause of the biggest loss of black lives regardless?
Are they? Source? It's not like there's been a decrease in the rate of black on black crime...

As I said, doesn't it make sense for a 'black lives matter' movement to address the cause of the biggest loss of black lives regardless?

I should provide a source for a black mother telling her son to behave well and not to speak back at a police officer, when the officer pulls him over? or that a Black Professor at Howard University or Spelman College tells a black woman to help her community grow by tutoring the young black children during vacations? Surely, you don't think that there should be a report written on these activities?.

Like I said the black lives matter movement seeks to address the external issues in American society, while the individuals address the internal issues within their groups.
Original post by LittleMissMay
Not for the same reasons and at the same death rate as blacks.

Source?
Original post by Youngmetro
I said that the people who steal aren't part of the movement...

Riots happen all the time, that's how the people get their voices across when the establishment oppresses them. Of course how would you know that when you're sitting with a silver spoon in your mouth since you were born.

You know the sum total of **** all about me.

You said that the violent thugs smashing up cities and assaulting people is the movement.
I should provide a source for a black mother telling her son to behave well and not to speak back at a police officer, when the officer pulls him over? or that a Black Professor at Howard University or Spelman College tells a black woman to help her community grow by tutoring the young black children during vacations? Surely, you don't think that there should be a report written on these activities?.

I'm not really sure why any of that is relevant. You made a claim and I expected you to have something to back it up. (By the way, behaving well and not speaking back to a police officer is pretty much common decency and respect).

Like I said the black lives matter movement seeks to address the external issues in American society, while the individuals address the internal issues within their groups.

You never actually said that. On the BLM website it says "Black Lives Matter is a chapter based national organization working for the validity of Black life". I feel like black on black murder can fall under that description.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
Source?

:rolleyes:
There isn't a website for common sense.
Black Lives Matter is activism centering about racist police brutality. If you want sources on police brutality, start with google. If you even need sources to discover or to believe that in the first place, my hands are tied.

With that being said no other race suffers police brutality at the hands of another race like blacks.
:rolleyes:
There isn't a website for common sense.
Black Lives Matter is activism centering about racist police brutality. If you want sources on police brutality, start with google. If you even need sources to discover or to believe that in the first place, my hands are tied.

With that being said no other race suffers police brutality at the hands of another race like blacks.

You are yet to provide any evidence for your claims. Please provide some or I will have end this here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm actually struggling to find a source that correlates the disproportionate amount of police brutality/shootings to racism. Black people are definitely 'over-represented' in US police shooting figures which is terrible, but why is the conclusion automatically racism? For example black people in the US are also 'over-representated' in many areas of crime. Could that not be a contributing factor?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
You know the sum total of **** all about me.

You said that the violent thugs smashing up cities and assaulting people is the movement.

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJMgCn0fQs

I will watch it later if I remember when I get to a computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually struggling to find a source that correlates the disproportionate amount of police brutality/shootings to racism. Black people are definitely 'over-represented' in US police shooting figures which is terrible, but why is the conclusion automatically racism? For example black people in the US are also 'over-representated' in many areas of crime. Could that not be a contributing factor?

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJMgCn0fQs

Did you even read what I wrote? This isn't even relevant to what I was talking about.
Did you even read what I wrote? This isn't even relevant to what I was talking about.

I should have quoted one of your posts to me. I just wanted to point out the major societal problems that exist in the US that requires the #blacklivesmatter movement to be larger than it is at the moment.

*First off I am very educated in this field and all the knowledge I've accumulated in all my time studying social/racial issues before and at University, as well as real world experience, is impossible and unnecessary to link her as "evidence."

Now anyway, what do you mean, to find a source? If you're looking for "do blacks suffer police brutality more?" I'm sure you'll find something :rolleyes:. You'll just have to put the information together yourself. Like an adult. But no, you are perversely looking for a single web link that takes you to a webpage that says, "blacks suffer racism from cops more than anyone else. Click here to go back to the page you were previously viewing." Like there's a universal go-to website with magical powers to decide things for humanity.

This is something that accumulates overtime and requires constant and numerous comparative research. Thus, most people who are aware blacks have been racially profiled and gunned down more than anyone else are going by how many times you hear it's happened to a black person.

So there doesn't really even need to be comparisons with who gets it more; "black lives matter" is simply reference to police brutality that was enforced during especially the Jim Crow/segregation era in the United States. You're obtusely asking to be spoon fed what you should already know.

There's also Stop and Frisk which was recently filed suit against and outlawed as racist for a mass of professional research that related to weed being illegal and how many times Stop and Frisk became violent, and who were the people mostly being Stopped and Frisked, the reasons why, and which level of government were they prosecuted on compared to whites for the same crime (in the United States whites are more likely to be tried at state/local level for weed, getting as much as probation; while blacks are prosecuted at Federal level for weed, getting years in prison).

I mean there's so much information and studies that have been done. You want me to do the time-consuming research for you that I've done for too many papers years ago. I also can't link lectures and conversations with professionals I've had. :colonhash:

**Also prove they're "over represented!" That means now it's your turn to start googling statistics about who's killed by the police more :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
*First off I am very educated in this field and all the knowledge I've accumulated in all my time studying social/racial issues before and at University, as well as real world experience, is impossible and unnecessary to link her as "evidence."

Now anyway, what do you mean, to find a source? If you're looking for "do blacks suffer police brutality more?" I'm sure you'll find something :rolleyes:. You'll just have to put the information together yourself. Like an adult. But no, you are perversely looking for a single web link that takes you to a webpage that says, "blacks suffer racism from cops more than anyone else. Click here to go back to the page you were previously viewing." Like there's a universal go-to website with magical powers to decide things for humanity.

This is something that accumulates overtime and requires constant and numerous comparative research. Thus, most people who are aware blacks have been racially profiled and gunned down more than anyone else are going by how many times you hear it's happened to a black person.

So there doesn't really even need to be comparisons with who gets it more; "black lives matter" is simply reference to police brutality that was enforced during especially the Jim Crow/segregation era in the United States. You're obtusely asking to be spoon fed what you should already know.

There's also Stop and Frisk which was recently filed suit against and outlawed as racist for a mass of professional research that related to weed being illegal and how many times Stop and Frisk became violent, and who were the people mostly being Stopped and Frisked, the reasons why, and which level of government were they prosecuted on compared to whites for the same crime (in the United States whites are more likely to be tried at state/local level for weed, getting as much as probation; while blacks are prosecuted at Federal level for weed, getting years in prison).

I mean there's so much information and studies that have been done. You want me to do the time-consuming research for you that I've done for too many papers years ago. I also can't link lectures and conversations with professionals I've had. :colonhash:

**Also prove they're "over represented!" That means now it's your turn to start googling statistics about who's killed by the police more :h:

This was beautiful. Cheers for that.

Amazing. I wish I was as educated as you!

Oh look, more condescending BS... I wish I was such a well educated adult like yourself! I already acknowledged that black people suffer police brutality/ police shootings more, but just questioned why the automatic conclusion is racism. There's nothing to suggest the cause is racism, and higher crime rates among black people definitely seems like a reasonable explanation. Since I'm such an uneducated child, maybe you could point me in the right direction as to where to look for something that points to racism as a definite conclusion.

Yet there is still nothing that can correlate it to racism? You can't use an example from 50 years ago and imply the same climate still exists in modern day America, there is no doubt it has progressed massively in this time.

Not really familiar with this, I'll have to look into it more.

And I'm not denying that racism is the cause, I was simply to offering another explanation. Sorry for being critical.

Latest

Trending

Trending