The Student Room Group

Muslim doctor calls killing homosexuals "compassionate"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasminkattan
I don't need an Arabic lesson from you thanks :biggrin:
Why do you only pick out the part that says 'spread out' instead of analysing the entire ayat and its meaning?

Because it suits agends
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
The law of Saudi Arabia calls for them to be executed. If the law of Saudi Arabia was carried out in the case of every homosexual, they would be exterminated. It's really quite breathtaking that you are justifying a state where homosexuals can be beheaded simply for making love to another consenting adult.

Then again, Saudi Arabia also executes people for "sorcery" so that gives us an idea of the fcking medieval mentality we're dealing with here.

Actually, it does affect me when my LGBT (and indeed my atheist) brothers and sisters are being killed for their sexuality or their freethinking.

Can't tell you how gratifying it is that the UK is making war on the most enthusiastic practitioners of Islam vis-a-vis homosexuality (ISIS). Quids says you probably say we shouldn't be doing that either

Then don't move to Saudi Arabia if you're homosexual. Simple as that. If a Saudi wishes to take part in homosexual activities, knowing fully well they'll be punished if they're found out as it's against Saudi law, they have the option of leaving the country.

You're implying I support ISIS for simply being against homosexuality? Sure, they go hand-in-hand don't they.
Original post by nikolateslacles
There should be a law where everytime a hetero refers to gay people as 'homosexuals' or uses us as a point to condemn Islam they have to pay us £5 in reparations.

Presumably you think gays are not homosexual, and would rather Islam be congratulated on its stance then?
Original post by Virgili
Really?

It's relevant because one of the very first posts I made to you explained the lack of progress in the Arab world is due to lack of development not superstition or values. They believe these things because in the past there has been some basis to it, you can either to try to understand it (as I have done above) or condemn it. Which is more useful?

And explained I made the point, which you ignored, that there has been no significant development there because of the influence if Islam, which closes off people's minds to new developments. They have even failed to import ideas from abroad and created their own technologies once the ideas have been proved. Islam has meant Arabia is a seventh century enclave in a twenty-first century world.
Erm... I'm gay and I've used the term "homosexuals" on this thread. Islam's treatment of homosexuals deserves condemnation.

Why are you being so bigoted and attacking people purely because they're heterosexual? You come across as one of the deluded regressive left homosexuals who justify murderous homophobia on the basis it would be "Islamophobic" to condemn it

I said nothing of Islam's treatment of msm, or that I was homosexual, please keep your words out of my mouth. I clearly commented on the myriad homophobic vibes floating round within this thread. Not sure how you missed it really, but then again you're using ablest language as an attempt to demean and condemn left wing peeps while defending Islamophobes with a blatant disregard for gay people - so I'm not particularly surprised you have yet to master basic reading.

Have a nice day I hope you learn to love yourself, you seem to have a lot of internalized **** goin on bud.
Original post by Good bloke
Presumably you think gays are not homosexual, and would rather Islam be congratulated on its stance then?

oh yeah good point there, there should be a law where everytime a straight person uses the term 'gays' to refer to gay people they should have to pay us £10 in reperations
oh yeah good point there, there should be a law where everytime a straight person uses the term 'gays' to refer to gay people they should have to pay us £10 in reperations

Better still, perhaps every time you refer to a heterosexual as a straight person, you should have to pay them £20.
Original post by okey
Very fair, would you align yourself with the likes of Majid Nawaz in that respect?

Yeh definitely, Nawaz is brilliant.
Well done for posting this, really needed to...
There should be a law where everytime a hetero refers to gay people as 'homosexuals' or uses us as a point to condemn Islam they have to pay us £5 in reparations.

So you don't think Islam should be condemned for its treatment of homosexuals?
I said nothing of Islam's treatment of msm, or that I was homosexual

Actually, you clearly did. To quote you;

Seems pretty clear to me.

I clearly commented on the myriad homophobic vibes floating round within this thread.

Yes, the vibes are coming from the extreme Islamist elements on the thread.

then again you're using ablest language as an attempt to demean and condemn left wing peeps while defending Islamophobes with a blatant disregard for gay people

So in your bizarro world, criticising the killing of gay people is homophobic?

None of the people criticising Islamic homophobia are homophobes. You seem to be cleaving to the simplistic hard left delusion that anyone who criticises Islam must be right-wing, and right-wingers hate gay people, therefore those who criticise Islam (even if they're criticising Islamic homophobia) must be homophobic.

None of the guys on here have said anything homophobic. Using the word "homosexual" is not homophobic. They come to this mainly from the atheist critique of Islam. But don't let that fact get in the way of your simplistic black-and-white "criticism of Islam = right-wing = homophobic" confusion

Have a nice day I hope you learn to love yourself, you seem to have a lot of internalized **** goin on bud.

Ah right, so now criticising countries that literally behead gay people is internalised homophobia? You are one hell of a confused cat
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Virgili
I'm not Muslim.
We already dealt with your dumb topic there's about two things that can be said about it.

Did I say you were muslim?

What are these two things?
Reply 252
Homosexuality has no place in any of the three Abrahamic religions, and it will definitely always (inshallah) be considered a sin in Islam.
So, unlike our secular laws, the laws of Islam can never change, for any reason.
Sounds reasonable.

However this doesn't affect you, so my advice is stop wasting your energy on it.
But it does affect all those homosexuals living in Muslim countries and communities. What should I not be concerned about their welfare?

This issue keeps coming up time and again, and perfectly illustrates the essentially selfish nature of religious belief...
"It doesn't affect you directly, so why do you care?"

You see, religionists only do good and avoid bad to gain a reward or avoid a punishment. Atheists do good and avoid bad because of the effect that it might have on others, because it is the right thing to do. There is no personal gain involved.

And religionists say claim they have the moral high ground!
Then don't move to Saudi Arabia if you're homosexual. Simple as that. If a Saudi wishes to take part in homosexual activities, knowing fully well they'll be punished if they're found out as it's against Saudi law, they have the option of leaving the country.

You're implying I support ISIS for simply being against homosexuality? Sure, they go hand-in-hand don't they.

So you're ok with gay people having to flee the KSA, leaving their homes and loved ones behind, because in their homeland they will be punished with death? That's all ok with you?
The latest development is a condemnation of the perpetrator's statement by Ahmadi leaders, but a stony silence from other Moslem leaders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35988757
Please show me where the Qur'an says the earth is flat. No one in the Islamic world believes the earth is flat, no scholar will ever say such a stupid thing.

Scholars have said such a stupid thing. In fact, popular muffassireen such as al-Jalalayn have read the Qur'an as saying the Earth is flat:

"As for His words sutihat, ‘laid out flat’, this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay’a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law."

http://quranx.com/Tafsirs/88.20

that is like saying Oh X country Executes muslims for being muslims JUST DONT GO THERE it is a muslims fault if they die there. it does not solve the problem
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
that is like saying Oh X country Executes muslims for being muslims JUST DONT GO THERE it is a muslims fault if they die there. it does not solver

And you just know that if there was such a place, British Muslims would be all over them like a rash.

As we all know, Muslims are uniquely sensitive to the suffering of all Muslims everywhere, through some as yet unknown mechanism. This is why they are disproportionately involved in anything that can be perceived as oppression of Muslims. You can bet Yasmin Kattan is extremely interested in the Palestine issue.

But when it comes to a group that we might be interested in, suddenly it's "It doesn't affect you, why do you care?".

The hypocrisy here is turned up all the way to 11
Sorry bud but gay people =/= homosexuals.

Well I mean, referring to gay people with language such as 'homosexuals' or 'the gays' is dehumanizing and a grade A indicator of homophobic view points to begin with. If you're seeing that and the oh so healthy dollop of microaggresssions I've scrolled past and you're coming up with none of these people being homophobes then you're definitely mistaken on your having internalized homophobic views. And that's okay, realistically everyone has them - you just gotta work on it.

Now then, I've never said there's anything wrong with being against homophobia or speaking out against it. However quite simply, that is not what this is. This is people using 'homosexuals' as a means to quench their bottomless confirmation bias against Islam, not a critique of the way that Islam is used as a reasoning/incitement for some Muslims homophobic actions. I'm not actually going to delve into the discourse here or air my views on the topic because I'm finding the irony of people reducing gay tragedy™ to a simple discussion point to support their preconceived generalizations of a group of people is far too ridiculous a concept to begin with.
The "colonial" excuse for homophobia in those countries is absolute bunk. First, mainstream Islam has always condemned homosexuality. Iran and Saudi Arabia were never colonised by the West but they are very hostile to LGBT. Saudi's condemnation of LGBT comes directly from sharia.

Also, the British Empire ended 70 years ago, so they've had plenty of time to repeal those laws in the meantime. The reason they're still on the books is because the people agree with them

REGARDLESS, they still "kick started" these laws and the only reason they abide to them is because of the strong influence and impact colonism has on Pakistan, considering the country is corrupted with a loose government. SAUDI ARABIA is, not, an representative of Islam in any way. It follows the Wahhabi School of Islam, which in my perspective is merely a offshoot of Islam, radical, masquerading for political and social gain. Turkey, reformed Islamic country, and Indonesia haven't illegalised Homosexuality, and yet have high Islamic populations and Islamic democracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending