The Student Room Group

How to get an A in OCR Greek Tragedy

Hi,

This year I am resitting AS level Greek Tragedy as part of the OCR Classical Civilisations A level, given that I got a D on the summer 2015 paper and I would love to get an A grade overall in this subject (if not I will be happy with a B overall but I'm aiming high). I got a solid B on the Sparta paper so I'm not resitting that one but I want to make up for some of the marks dropped on this paper.

For a while now (and I mean a while), I have been searching the internet for any good exemplar answers on either: Medea, Agamemnon, Electra and Antigone but to no avail.

So, just wondering, does anyone have any A/B grade answers for any of the questions that they could share with me please?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by EvieEmerald
Hi,

This year I am resitting AS level Greek Tragedy as part of the OCR Classical Civilisations A level, given that I got a D on the summer 2015 paper and I would love to get an A grade overall in this subject (if not I will be happy with a B overall but I'm aiming high). I got a solid B on the Sparta paper so I'm not resitting that one but I want to make up for some of the marks dropped on this paper.

For a while now (and I mean a while), I have been searching the internet for any good exemplar answers on either: Medea, Agamemnon, Electra and Antigone but to no avail.

So, just wondering, does anyone have any A/B grade answers for any of the questions that they could share with me please?

Thank you in advance :smile:

I'm not doing this unit, but have you looked at past papers and mark schemes? I'm entering for ClassCiv AS this year privately, but my Latin teacher has been marking papers and giving suggestions to me - maybe you could ask your ClassCiv teacher to do the same?
Reply 2
Original post by roarchika
I'm not doing this unit, but have you looked at past papers and mark schemes? I'm entering for ClassCiv AS this year privately, but my Latin teacher has been marking papers and giving suggestions to me - maybe you could ask your ClassCiv teacher to do the same?

I've tried the past papers but a specimen paper with a model answer would be great and I'll try asking my teacher but I think I asked before and they forgot so I'll remind them again. Thank you for your suggestions :smile:
Original post by EvieEmerald
I've tried the past papers but a specimen paper with a model answer would be great and I'll try asking my teacher but I think I asked before and they forgot so I'll remind them again. Thank you for your suggestions :smile:

Have you tried emailing OCR? That's what my Latin teacher did in order to get a specimen answer for the Odyssey unit, though they took some time to get back to her!
Reply 4
Original post by roarchika
Have you tried emailing OCR? That's what my Latin teacher did in order to get a specimen answer for the Odyssey unit, though they took some time to get back to her!

I haven't but that's a good idea- I'll try and see if I get a response, thanks for the suggestion! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending