The Student Room Group

AS Exams 2016

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly speaking you can still achieve straigt As. If you are giving 8-10 hours per day, make sure you completely focus on what you are studying. Dont get destracted. Cut yourself off from socialmedia and do quality study. Dont waste time. And dont forget solving the past papers. You can do it. Work hard goodluck :smile:
Hey!

Of course you can get three A's. You'redoing 8-10 hours a day which seem enough, even if you get not the best amount of work done.

I think in your case it would be best to set targets for yourself, for example: complete four S1 papers by 15/04/16. Btw even though S1 is one of your last exams make sure you do revise consistently for it, as I made the mistake of leaving that exam revision last and it didn't turn out too good. :lol:

Yeah try and get all content covered asap and do as many past papers as possible, keep track of the ones you've done and mark them.

I'm sure you'll do great, regardless good luck! :h:
Luckily your only doing 3 AS subjects so 3 A's are definitely possible. You just need to make sure you finish your notes in line with the spec as quickly as possible, as you'll need at least 3 weeks to do past papers.
Original post by happymedic17
Thanks for the reply x
i will have 6 weeks is tht enough to do past papers and exam technique and if im achieving 85% in past papers then will i be okay for the actual exams😩
Are you doing A2 bio chem and maths ? If so what grades did you get in AS if you dnt mind me asking ?x

I'm not in A2, I'm also in AS. I'm studying Maths, Business, Economics and Law.
I'm on track for 4 A's, I'm just condensing my revision notes then I'm starting past papers on monday, so yeah I think it's enough time.
its not letting me follow you
but are you doing bio chem and maths too?x

and i will only be studying for 8hrs frm today till monday cus then im bak at college so on weekdays when im at college wen i get bak i shall study for 5 hrs and on weekends ill study for 8-10 hrs

is this enough?
am i beinh realistic will i be able to get 85% and above?

is it possible?x

how did u do in ur AS's

I'm doing AS Mathematics exams, so I'm doing C1, C2 and S1. Quite complicated for me, I'm on a gap year resitting some exams.

Eight hours is a good amount. Don't over work yourself, make sure you give yourself breaks! :yep:

Five hours is a lot for a school day, I used to do three. You should do an amount where you feel comfortable at, don't over do it.

For weekends, eight hours is good enough.

Spoiler

85% is something you can definitely achieve with that amount of work you will do. I think you will be capable for 90% if you keep working as planned.

Here's a Mathematics resources thread. :h:
Anyone resitting the chemistry EMPA??
Thanks for the reply x
i will have 6 weeks is tht enough to do past papers and exam technique and if im achieving 85% in past papers then will i be okay for the actual exams😩
Are you doing A2 bio chem and maths ? If so what grades did you get in AS if you dnt mind me asking ?x

No one can answer this for you. Unfortunately there is no magic 'one size fits all' formula for revision, so nobody can tell you whether doing x hours a day for y weeks will be enough for you to do well. Just do as much revision as you feel you need to do, so that you feel confident going into your exams. Best of luck
Thanks for your help and postive encouragement!x

yeah thts wat i mean too
8 hrs on weekends without breaks.
But i will take breaks in between
and goodluck for ur resits im sure you will be fine!x

btw did you do bio and chem last year?
Are you wanting to apply to medicine this year?

who is this aimed to? if you quote people they can see that you've replied to them
You ever get the feeling you do studying/revision but at the end of the day you don't feel satisfied?
You are doing too much IMO.
Reply 11
8 hours is a lot... I can barely concentrate for two hours a day. :redface:
Original post by Zacken

That depends on whether you consider writing solutions on tsr concentrating or not
Reply 13
Original post by samb1234
That depends on whether you consider writing solutions on tsr concentrating or not

Definitely not, that's more of a past time. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Definitely not, that's more of a past time. :tongue:

It sort of is tho in some respects. Helping people to understand ensures you properly understand and also makes it a bit less compartmentalized than just revising a specific module as you are jumping around all over the place in terms of the content used
Reply 15
Original post by samb1234
It sort of is tho in some respects. Helping people to understand ensures you properly understand and also makes it a bit less compartmentalized than just revising a specific module as you are jumping around all over the place in terms of the content used

Yeah, fair point. I never really thought about it that way before, thanks!
heyy guys
hope your all well x

Since as there's no thread for AS exams 2016 thought id make a start and im new on here soo be nice lol

Im just feeling super anxious about AS exams next month,
I'm currently studying Biology,Chemistry and Maths for AS and my exams start 18th may but thtas maths and im confident for maths as im getting A's and im doing a lot of past papers but im worried for c2 and S1 in maths i guess id be okay for c2 with abit more prep but s1 thts in june so luckily I have more time !!26th May and 27th may is my bio and chem exam, both unit 1.

Im planning on covering all the content for unit 1 bio and chem by end of this week and then doing past papers; I have 6 weeks to do tht id say and then byt he end of next week cover all the content of unit 2 bio and chem. And want to start doing past papers for unit 2 bio and chem from 16th april up until exams.
that leaves me with 7 weeks of revision for unit 2
I know bits and bobs of the content but I have made a start on revision yesterday and did some today it has been quite effective.

What do you guys think of my plan to prepare for my AS exams ?
Do you think it's possible or will I even be able to achieve AAA in these subjects ?
ohh and I study 8-10 hours a day with breaks!

let me know how you guys did in your AS exams and how much preparation you did?

Thanks for reading and goodluck with your revision!!

Hey, i'm doing maths, chemistry, physics and ICT AS and like you i'm worried about new the specimen papers. If i was you, create an Excel Table with all the exams your doing like CHEM1 and list all the papers your doing (using freeexampapers.com) and tick them off as you do the paper. Also work on your c2 weaknesses if your good at c1.
Original post by Zacken

i only do 8hrs on weekends or in holidays all easter i cudnt work due to some personal circumstances but luckily things are better now and so before i get back to college on monday i want to get alot of work done also during weekdays when i get back from college i shall be working from 4-5 hours a day.

What subjects are you doing at AS?
Reply 19
i only do 8hrs on weekends or in holidays all easter i cudnt work due to some personal circumstances but luckily things are better now and so before i get back to college on monday i want to get alot of work done also during weekdays when i get back from college i shall be working from 4-5 hours a day.

What subjects are you doing at AS?

Oh, that's fair enough! Be sure to take some days off and make sure you don't burn out!

I'm doing M FM Physics. But I've already sat C1-4, M1-3, S1-2, FP1 and Physics 1-3 this January.

Quick Reply