The Student Room Group

LOL at guys who say they dont lift to impress chicks

What other reason is there to lift then?

We dont live in a society where physical strength means anything more. It's all about the knowledge economy now brahs. That's why the nerds in high school are CEOing 1k a day, and the jocks are working some dead end wagecuck job.

in b4 " lift to become strong for self defense". When was the last time you had fight tho? I'm 25 and the last time I had a fight was when I was 13 - and that is the only fight I've had in my entire life.

Strong likelihood is for most people they will never be in a situation where they have to defend themselves, and even when they do, it unlikely to be one where physical strength would have made a difference.

So if you not lifting for sex appeal, tfw you convince yourself you're lifting for some noble cause but realise its all a lie
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OP, are you struggling to get any gains? Aww :console:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nihilisme

We dont live in a society where physical strength means anything more. It's all about the knowledge economy now brahs. That's why the nerds in high school are CEOing 1k a day, and the jocks are working some dead end wagecuck job.

in b4 " lift to become strong for self defense". When was the last time you had fight tho? I'm 25 and the last time I had a fight was when I was 13 - and that is the only fight I've had in my entire life.

Strong likelihood is for most people they will never be in a situation where they have to defend themselves, and even when they do, it unlikely to be one where physical strength would have made a difference.

So if you not lifting for sex appeal, tfw you convince yourself you're lifting for some noble cause but realise its all a lie

How about sport babes?

Dw though, my bae likes my abs and my ass :wink:
Strength. Health etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
that for women stuff is for weak men who dont get attention

i cover my stuff up and still pull....just based off my face
Confidence maybe?
Reply 7
I lift cos I get ****ing bored at home and I have nothing better to do. Getting hench is a positive side-effect. Also I have an offer to study medicine at Oxford so it is possible to to get strong and be successful in today's society.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Strength. Health etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao health? Get to 300kg pull and it's nothing to do with health anymore :P.

Srs note, why do anything, like watch TV, play video games, chess, it's just a bit of entertainment really.

I wish I found other things as fun as a PR deadlift.... the sacrifices you gotta put in are stupid.
Healthwise you need it. It can also boost confidence.

Out of competitiveness? To become good at a sport that requires physical strength?
Original post by redbuthotter
Lmao health? Get to 300kg pull and it's nothing to do with health anymore :P.

Srs note, why do anything, like watch TV, play video games, chess, it's just a bit of entertainment really.

I wish I found other things as fun as a PR deadlift.... the sacrifices you gotta put in are stupid.

I haven't even pulled 200kg; so I don't have that problem :wink:
women dont give a **** about your body, its all about the face
i would have stopped long ago if i lifted for women
test.png
Reply 14
It's a passion of mine, and one which I've taken further by working with the largest online supplement retailer in the world.

However, I know that unless you make it in the big time, the money to be made is peanuts. Therefore, study wise, I am going down the finance route.

I initially started lifting for a few reasons. To look better, obviously. You get more attention from both genders. Seriously, one of the great feelings there is, is when another man is envious of you. Health is another one. Confidence has come with it but isn't really why I started, though it is why I'm glad I did. I also needed a 'hobby' considering I was almost always 2nd best when it came to sports in high school. I was good all around, but never enough to make it to the first team. I was on the athletics team, but there was only 1 event every year and it was only really a summer thing, not enough for me.

The feeling when you're in the gym is amazing, you can see how far you've come in what really is a short space of time. It's a part of my day I look forward to, when I put my headphones in and can block out everything else. I can choose to either forget or think about the rest of my life.

The physical side of it is a bonus. Looking like you lift has many perks, for example, I was able to stop my friend getting beaten up in a club the other week without laying a finger on the guy, just through looking somewhat intimidating. It does get you more respect and I've noticed that. People take you more seriously. When you first start its all a big joke, but once you make good progress people realise you're serious about it and know what you're doing.

There are so many benefits I can't possibly list them all. OP probably had his GF stolen by a fellow lifter.
So you lift to feel a little less self concious; bless you OP.

I and most people I know lift for sports such as rugby where you are required to get big, not just do abit of ab and bicep work for Malia 2k16

rip bodybuilders

most of them are probably wageslaving in dead end jobs. Just LOL if you're not looksmaxxing facially and with your body.

I'm studying hard to get on dat dere ceo 10k but also just lifting for aesthetics, lol if you train for strength just LDAR
I ain't even gonna lie, the only reason i lift is to get wimmenz. Gloots for the sloots. Plus the confidence that comes from packing on muscle and the endorphin rush after a workout is addictive!!
Original post by Angry cucumber
I haven't even pulled 200kg; so I don't have that problem :wink:

LOOOL, I'm currently regaining health (in the form of cardio/BB for joint health), in order to lift more... (got nothing to do with actual health).

Knocked out 270 x 2 pull, not even on limit recently. 300 soon.

Quick Reply

Latest