The Student Room Group

Unconditonal University Offer help

Hello there, I'm in a bit of a problematic quagmire concerning which University I should go to this year, between Manchester Metropolitan, Edgehill or Aberystwyth to study History with Politics and just wanted some advice or any opinions on where i should go. Plus general reputation of Universities would help

I've been to all of the Universities, and the two that really are my main choices would be between Aber and MMU. To me they are very close if not equal in how i viewed them but paradoxically would seem at the end of the scale E.g. one being in a total urban land sprawl and the other being in the countryside/small town area.For both of these universities i felt that the lecturers and tutors felt like they were in constant communication with their students, which as a gap year student I felt I would appreciate vastly.

So my question is really if anyone has any opinions, advice, or useful information that they could send? My problem always seems to be once i swing towards one University, someone presents me some form of information, that makes me hesitant to accept the offer, and as the deadline starts to shadow, i'm starting to become ever more nervous.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ben1221
Hello there, I'm in a bit of a problematic quagmire concerning which University I should go to this year, between Manchester Metropolitan, Edgehill or Aberystwyth to study History with Politics and just wanted some advice or any opinions on where i should go.

I've been to all of the Universities, and the two that really are my main choices would be between Aber and MMU. To me they are very close if not equal in how i viewed them but paradoxically would seem at the end of the scale E.g. one being in a total urban land sprawl and the other being in the countryside/small town area.For both of these universities i felt that the lecturers and tutors felt like they were in constant communication with their students, which as a gap year student I felt I would appreciate vastly.

So my question is really if anyone has any opinions, advice, or useful information that they could send? My problem always seems to be once i swing towards one University, someone presents me some form of information, that makes me hesitant to accept the offer, and as the deadline starts to shadow, i'm starting to become ever more nervous.

The course will always be the first consideration - but if you believe that both are equal, then location is a valid differentiator. First year is often in hall, whichever university you go to, but second and third years can be quite different. How far from each university do second and third years live? What is the typical quality of that accommodation?
only you can decide whether you prefer the larger city or small seaside town. It might also be worth considering how to get to Aberystwyth. Aberystwyth is a lovely seaside town and Price Charles once studied there as did Carwyn Jones Wales first minister. You really shouldn't go on reputation or league tables but go where you will be happiest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending