The Student Room Group

Crush on him for 10 years now

It developed when we started year 7. I found him to be the most beautiful boy. We never talked but we will always hold each other's gaze when we walk past each other. I felt a familiar connection with him. I was at a girls school and he was at a boys school so that's why we never interacted. The following year everyone in the whole school was head over heals about a hot boy that went to the boys school, it turned out to be my crush and I went tomato red and was kind of surprised how the girls even noticed him. The things they would do to get his attention and all the drama that came along with it, really put me off. I do still think about him from to time, I do abit of stalking online and to see him having achieved so much and how far he's come makes me happy for him. He hasn't changed one bit and is still handsome as ever. He will never know me and know that I still think of him as I only believe fate brings us together if it was meant to be. I'm so reserved when it comes to my own feelings and how I feel about my crushes, he obviously doesn't remember me but do you ever think about someone who you really liked and feel nostalgic to those days?
Tragic.
Just go for it.
Try and find a way to contact him if you can (through facebook or something)
It's better to try than regret never talking him

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a way to waste your life. You have 2 options the way i see it;

1) Tell him how you feel and let whatever happens, happen

2) You continue as you are and re-post this thread in 10 years time.

Your choice.
Reply 5
:cry2:
LOL. 10 years? that's a disgusting amount of time. that's a ****ing life-time to some people.

this maybe harsh, but it's the **** i've been preaching on this site for years now (and no one seems to listen by the looks of it tbh. pisses me offf. because they're usually the ones that come back crying when their 'plan' - or lack of - doesn't go as expected) if you don't do anything, don't be surprised if he ends up with another female tbh..

this guy doesn't know you have a crush on him; or have had one for as long as you say.
Reply 7
Tell him you fancy him
I could have written this but my crush ended abruptly when I discovered he was gay.
Original post by mscaffrey
I could have written this but my crush ended abruptly when I discovered he was gay.

Classic TSR thread.
Original post by Supersaps
Classic TSR thread.

Found out my crush is gay and a Muslim - does Donald Trump have the grades for Oxbridge?
YOUR LOVE IS GREAT!!! :woo:
Original post by mscaffrey
Found out my crush is gay and a Muslim - does Donald Trump have the grades for Oxbridge?

rofl, giggling to myself over this.

I do believe you've capture the heart of a nation, miss.
Tell him already lol
Hey I was in a similar experience but it I was in Year 4. Surprisingly I didn't think that he liked me. Every time he used to stare at me. My heart would beat really fast.

I later left that school and went somewhere else and so do did he.This was 9 years ago.I recently contacted him literally a few weeks ago on Facebook and I asked him if he knew me.
And he was like yes of course I know you, you're the girl I first had a crush on. My heart sank.
We're now talking again and I've never been this happy😊
Give it a try.😋
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I was in a similar experience but it I was in Year 4. Surprisingly I didn't think that he liked me. Every time he used to stare at me. My heart would beat really fast.

I later left that school and went somewhere else and so do did he.This was 9 years ago.I recently contacted him literally a few weeks ago on Facebook and I asked him if he knew me.
And he was like yes of course I know you, you're the girl I first had a crush on. My heart sank.
We're now talking again and I've never been this happy😊
Give it a try.😋

Wow! You were so brave to contact him on FB after all that time and it turned out to be positive afterall, Im genuinely happy for you! I don't know if I could bring my self to it because it would be way out of my comfort zone, it would feel surreal. If he responded the same way as yours did then I would be over the moon but if he rejected me I think I would have an unbearable heartache which is anxiety inducing so to make things easier it might be better off to leave him subconsciously at the back of my mind.
Original post by Anonymous
It developed when we started year 7. I found him to be the most beautiful boy. We never talked but we will always hold each other's gaze when we walk past each other. I felt a familiar connection with him. I was at a girls school and he was at a boys school so that's why we never interacted. The following year everyone in the whole school was head over heals about a hot boy that went to the boys school, it turned out to be my crush and I went tomato red and was kind of surprised how the girls even noticed him. The things they would do to get his attention and all the drama that came along with it, really put me off. I do still think about him from to time, I do abit of stalking online and to see him having achieved so much and how far he's come makes me happy for him. He hasn't changed one bit and is still handsome as ever. He will never know me and know that I still think of him as I only believe fate brings us together if it was meant to be. I'm so reserved when it comes to my own feelings and how I feel about my crushes, he obviously doesn't remember me but do you ever think about someone who you really liked and feel nostalgic to those days?

I liked a guy for 3 years when I was in high school....but 10 years to have a crush is just too much. You sound like you're obsessed with him. Why don't you add him on Facebook and reconnect with him then you can find out what he's up to these days and if he's single etc.
I think just contact him, you have nothing to loose seriously! I know you may have anxiety but then you will know to move on after 10 years and I think you will meet someone equally handsome or better! so it's best to see where you stand and 10 years is a long time but you are grown up now and he has aswell so just see how things go .. this could go either way! So it's best to get it out in the open
Please move on or get in contact with him. It's not healthy to be thinking about someone for 10 years like that. Damn....
10 years wow . That’s a waste of your life honestly just tell him . I’d rather know than not know
I have had a crush on some guy for like 3 years but I got into a relationship for about year and I still from time to time think about him. Idk if that’s emotional cheating but yh it is what it is people ....

Quick Reply

Latest