The Student Room Group

I hit a car in a car park and haven't reported it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TSRFT8
Ideally you need to track the owner without phoning your insurance as otherwise you will have to pay them £900 and im pretty certain the damage to the other car will be cheaper and if you and the other guy can come to some sort of agreement without involving the insurance then you will be better off in the long run.

You need to phone the shop (dont panic just be calm explain the situation etc) they will review CCTV and should give you the registration which you will need in order to track the owner. It may be that it was an employee of the shop. Also NOTHING is going to happen to you, Hit & Run is only really noticed if their was people involved, it is a "criminal offence" but then again so is stealing sweets and you wont exactly get life imprisonment. By tommorow afternoon if the shop do not give you any help (unlikely) then just phone 111 and explain to them what happened or go down to a local police station.

Thanks for this. Appreciate it. What would you say is the worst that could happen? I'll phone the store tomorrow.
Reply 21
Depends how bad it is. If its not so obvious you'll probably get away with it. Its not like people check every angle of thier car everytime they park somewhere. You definitely wont be banned from driving lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by A321
Depends how bad it is. If its not so obvious you'll probably get away with it. Its not like people check every angle of thier car everytime they park somewhere. You definitely wont be banned from driving lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd notice it. The corner of the bumper became dislodged.
You're a horrible person :unsure:.
Reply 24
Original post by Questioness
You're a horrible person :unsure:.

Comments like this dont help. I know what i should have done and feel terrible as it is
Reply 25
Original post by LukeB95
I'd notice it. The corner of the bumper became dislodged.

Ah ok. In that case it probably best to call the store.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LukeB95
Comments like this dont help. I know what i should have done and feel terrible as it is

I'm sorry :frown:. That was uncalled for. Clearly, I'm no angel either :colone:.
Reply 27
Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me. It's minor damage and a moment of panic. These things do happen - it's part of driving life - and there are far more serious misdemeanours. Own up to shop and police quickly and I am sure a lenient view will be taken.

Quick Reply

Latest