The Student Room Group

Would you dye your hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red?

I'm 21 year old girl at uni and like experimenting with different hair colours and was thinking of trying something a bit more colourful/eccentric. Have any girls here ever dyed their hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red?

Did you get a negative reaction from friends and family and at college/uni, work etc?

Do men like these hair colours on a girl? Will it make me more or less attractive to guys?

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grirly_girl95
I'm 21 year old girl at uni and like experimenting with different hair colours and was thinking of trying something a bit more colourful/eccentric. Have any girls here ever dyed their hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red?

Did you get a negative reaction from friends and family and at college/uni etc?

Thanks.

Pink like Zayn.....

Thanks.

I've had streaks of all those colours as a teenager and no one reacted negatively :smile:

Thanks.

I had purple hair in 2014 :yep:

manager didnt like it :rofl:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Pink like Zayn.....

Who is Zayn?
Reply 5
If I were a gal, I'd definitely go all out blue and/or purple :cute:

Not sure it would suit me as I am though... :lol:
I'm not brave enough to dye my whole hair a funky colour, but I do want dip dye it though. In fact I've got a box of bright pink dye in my room but have never used it because my mum won't let me.

You won't get any negative reactions from people, or at least the people I know with funky hair colours didn't.
Original post by GeordieGirll
I had purple hair in 2014 :yep:

manager didnt like it :rofl:

Did you have to change the colour in order to keep your job?
Reply 8
I've always liked the idea of having a smattering of red in my hair :daydreaming:.
I haven't personally (not brave enough to draw so much attention) but if I was I'd dye it cotton candy pink.
Would I be better with streaks rather than dying it fully?
Did you have to change the colour in order to keep your job?

No but she was vocal about it, however she didnt like me anyway and was a snob so :colonhash:

This was at River Island
Original post by GeordieGirll
No but she was vocal about it, however she didnt like me anyway and was a snob so :colonhash:

This was at River Island

Oh right. Then it's her problem then. Unless there were any rules that said you have to style yourself a certain way to work there, e.g. no piercings, tats, etc?
I really want to die my hair pastel pink or lilac at some point
Oh right. Then it's her problem then. Unless there were any rules that said you have to style yourself a certain way to work there, e.g. no piercings, tats, etc?

I can't remember but Im defo sure hair colours were allowed

Go for it :yep:

Did you get a negative reaction from friends and family and at college/uni, work etc?

Do men like these hair colours on a girl? Will it make me more or less attractive to guys?

Thanks.

Do it. You won't regret it. The only reason not to is if you have a job that doesn't allow it.
I want it blue but only highlights.
all, a rainbow colour hairstyle
Some find it attractive, some don't, who cares what they think? So long as they're not paying your salary.

I wanted to dye my hair pink yeaaars ago but knew I couldn't because I was in a strict secondary school. On top of that, I knew I didn't have the means to take care of it or upkeep the roots maintenance, so I'm glad I was mature enough not to have just impulsively done it like many I know did.
Original post by Yisithegr8
all, a rainbow colour hairstyle

How do girls actually get a rainbow effect in their hair? Is it difficult to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending