The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
But we have now.

Well... That was a bit anti-climactic...
My mum says its sad, but honestly I mean where would we be without technology and wow you built it yourself! How did you do that? I've always wanted to but have no idea where to start.

Haha my mum doesn't really like technology :lol: And ikr!! Yeah I did - well my dad bought me a kit of the internet a few years ago for Christmas and I built it (cant believe it actually worked) :biggrin: I think you can just buy a kit of the internet - although mine wasn't a true kit as it had a few bits but my dad bought most of the parts separately (I think anyways)
Original post by AxSirlotl
Well... That was a bit anti-climactic...

You changed your DP.

Original post by Amellia123
Haha my mum doesn't really like technology :lol: And ikr!! Yeah I did - well my dad bought me a kit of the internet a few years ago for Christmas and I built it (cant believe it actually worked) :biggrin: I think you can just buy a kit of the internet - although mine wasn't a true kit as it had a few bits but my dad bought most of the parts separately (I think anyways)

Aww that is cool, I haven't heard of kits, just the separate parts but I am interested in doing it but I am super lazy haha! What PC do you use now?
Yes now it's a beautiful picture of Mr.Palin!
Yes now it's a beautiful picture of Mr.Palin!

It's really him?
It's really him?

Yes! Have you seen any Monty Python films?
Yes! Have you seen any Monty Python films?

Not that I know of.
Not that I know of.

Anyway, are you doing college or 6th form or uni or something else?
Anyway, are you doing college or 6th form or uni or something else?

Sixth form. You?
Sixth form. You?

GCSEs in about a month :s-smilie:. What are you doing in 6th form? :biggrin:
GCSEs in about a month :s-smilie:. What are you doing in 6th form? :biggrin:

Aw I remember them. You'll be fine, don't stress too much about them. Are you doing A Levels in September? And I'm doing English Language, English Literature and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media.
I don't bite and I am very friendly and I like music! Hence my username. Let's chat.

You leave out your other half???!! :noway::2in1:
Aw I remember them. You'll be fine, don't stress too much about them. Are you doing A Levels in September? And I'm doing English Language, English Literature and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media.

I'd really like to do A levels and if I can I want to do Physics, Mathematics, History and Spanish :3 . What are you aiming to be when you're older :smile:
I'd really like to do A levels and if I can I want to do Physics, Mathematics, History and Spanish :3 . What are you aiming to be when you're older :smile:

I've noticed a lot of TSR users do STEM subjects :tongue: and I want to script write and go off to uni next year. What about you?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
You leave out your other half???!! :noway::2in1:

I'm confused?
I've noticed a lot of TSR users do STEM subjects :tongue: and I want to script write and go off to uni next year. What about you?

Maybe be a physics teacher or something to do with physics, so I'd like to go to uni aswell :biggrin: I like the idea of talking about physics to people, explaining things and making presentations about things which is why I'd like to be a teacher, but I don't know if I'd handle the workload very well. Have you always wanted to script write or was it something that you've recently discovered?
Maybe be a physics teacher or something to do with physics, so I'd like to go to uni aswell :biggrin: I like the idea of talking about physics to people, explaining things and making presentations about things which is why I'd like to be a teacher, but I don't know if I'd handle the workload very well. Have you always wanted to script write or was it something that you've recently discovered?

Aw that's cool. And I've always loved acting but decided I like writing too and so I wanted to incorporate the two. I've been told I'd be a good teacher but it would be a job I'd consider as a backup. What kind of unis are you looking into?
Aw that's cool. And I've always loved acting but decided I like writing too and so I wanted to incorporate the two. I've been told I'd be a good teacher but it would be a job I'd consider as a backup. What kind of unis are you looking into?

I liked acting (well more drama sketches) but I'm really shy so I hate it and I quite like creative writing (that sort of thing :P). Anyway, maybe Warwick because of its proximity (I live about 8 miles away so I might even be able to cycle there from home). However I've read that living at home during uni can affect how well you make friends and get to know people at uni so I might not favour Warwick over another uni because it's closer. I might try to apply for Oxford just to see if I can get an interview because I highly doubt that I'd get in; I doubt I'm bright enough and I'm shy so the verbal aptitude test might prove quite difficult. If I get in it would be both a big shock and a boost to my self esteem I think :3
I liked acting (well more drama sketches) but I'm really shy so I hate it and I quite like creative writing (that sort of thing :P). Anyway, maybe Warwick because of its proximity (I live about 8 miles away so I might even be able to cycle there from home). However I've read that living at home during uni can affect how well you make friends and get to know people at uni so I might not favour Warwick over another uni because it's closer. I might try to apply for Oxford just to see if I can get an interview because I highly doubt that I'd get in; I doubt I'm bright enough and I'm shy so the verbal aptitude test might prove quite difficult. If I get in it would be both a big shock and a boost to my self esteem I think :3

You never know, you could get in. What are you predicted? And I would apply to Warwick but it's too far and I prefer the idea of being in London so I want to go to UCL ideally. And you should make friends easily, the social aspect is only one bit and since you live near Warwick, you could meet up with people on nights out.
You never know, you could get in. What are you predicted? And I would apply to Warwick but it's too far and I prefer the idea of being in London so I want to go to UCL ideally. And you should make friends easily, the social aspect is only one bit and since you live near Warwick, you could meet up with people on nights out.

I'm predicted all As and I'm mostly on target. I'm focusing the most on Physics (I want to get the highest that I possibly can) and Maths which I basically flunked since year 7 so I've been working at a C and it's making me look as though I can't get my target. In my last mock (March) I was 2 marks off of an A and it was on something which I procrastinated revising for! Anyway now my teachers are quite sure that I'll do well in maths :3 . What city do you live in?

Quick Reply

Latest