The Student Room Group

Joined Army One year ago, found out girlfriend has been cheating on me for 6 months

Hi Guys and Girls, as the title suggests i joined the British Army in 2015 in the Grenadier Guards, and have been with my girlfriend for 4 years, i came home a week ago on leave to find that her phone had a message pop up from a guy she had been friends with at university (she was also home from university)

To cut a long story short i went on to her phone to find they had been sending dirty messages to one another, and had also met up with one another at least 3 or 4 times, and she also instigated some of the sexting sessions,

Obviously i'm upset because i helped her out with so much and she betrayed me, i honestly feel sick from looking at the messages and pictures, should i tell her i know everything? what do i do? I don't want to have a career shrouded by doubt and guilt by her.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sorry you're going through this. This sort of situation seems to be quite common in military relationships.

You need to talk to her. Give yourself time to process it first, don't seek confrontation. Think about what you're going to say and why she might have done what she has. I'm not going to make excuses on her behalf or point fingers at anyone but she won't have done this for no reason. Was she lonely? Were her sexual needs not being met with you deployed?

Whatever the reason, if she didn't discuss her needs with you beforehand or during your deployment then you need to find out why. Just be honest with yourself and with her and don't ignore it. It won't go away.
What did you expect m8? It's well known what the army wives get up to.

Dump, stay single until you're out of the military.
dump her
Reply 4
Get rid of her.

You did nothing wrong. Focus on your career in the Army and enjoy life as a single man.
Avoid her like the plague!! Although 6 months away is also hard for the girl.
Original post by urbanlocations

no excuse for slooting :wink:
Original post by GeordieGirll
no excuse for slooting :wink:

If I was a girl... 6 months away from any D...

I mean Id need a dildo collection.
If I was a girl... 6 months away from any D...

I mean Id need a dildo collection.

n-n-no homo?

Spoiler

What they all said as long as you are sure, then it has to be ended because its only going to get more difficult as you carry on with your career.
It might suck for you, but she must get bored as well.

Your only decision is if you want to split by drifting apart, on good terms or with a showdown. Make it quick and move on.
Ask her why (for closure), then dump her (on principle).
Reply 11
Lonely and not sexually satisfied. Not surprised, there's loyalty and then there's feeling out in the cold while your boyfriends off, hell he might not even come back then what have I been doing.
Original post by GeordieGirll
n-n-no homo?

Spoiler

You would be D thirsty.
spartan kick the bitch to singlesville
Original post by Illuminaughty_22
Hi Guys and Girls, as the title suggests i joined the British Army in 2015 in the Grenadier Guards, and have been with my girlfriend for 4 years, i came home a week ago on leave to find that her phone had a message pop up from a guy she had been friends with at university (she was also home from university)

To cut a long story short i went on to her phone to find they had been sending dirty messages to one another, and had also met up with one another at least 3 or 4 times, and she also instigated some of the sexting sessions,

Obviously i'm upset because i helped her out with so much and she betrayed me, i honestly feel sick from looking at the messages and pictures, should i tell her i know everything? what do i do? I don't want to have a career shrouded by doubt and guilt by her.

Dump her right now, ASAP, no explanation required. You deserve better
Hi .

Confront her.

Original post by Vennec
This sort of situation seems to be quite common in military relationships.

Original post by Start the Fire
What did you expect m8? It's well known what the army wives get up to.

Have you never seen Jarhead? It happens 9/10 times with gfs, less common with wives though :s-smilie:

Where did he say he's been away for 6 months? Unless he's been away on ops - and he doesn't specify that he has - he's been in the country and around most weekends at least. This is the girl getting greedy, nothing more.

Welcome to the real world. My wife also cheats on me. Deal with it.

Man, that's gotta be difficult for you. She really has no excuse at all. Particularly whilst the reason you're away from her is because you're in the army.

Just be glad you didn't marry her and then find out...

Focus on your career as others have said. She's not worth your time.

SS

Finish it with her, and block her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending