The Student Room Group

Would you dye your hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grirly_girl95
How do girls actually get a rainbow effect in their hair? Is it difficult to do?

im a guy :wink:

Spoiler

We call these "warning colours"
Original post by Yisithegr8
im a guy :wink:

Spoiler

I know but you said about rainbow colours, do you think it looks good on a girl?
ew none
I've had my hair two of those colours and never got any negative comments. I felt quite young at heart and carefree when I had my hair those colours, especially bright red. The biggest problem for me with those colours is not how people would perceive me, its the practicality of them. You have to bleach your hair, they fade quickly and all that jazz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tabstercat
We call these "warning colours"

Why's that? Would it be a 'warning' about that girl if she had hair that colour? Like put you off or something?
Original post by claireestelle
I've had streaks of all those colours as a teenager

****ing badass, girl :cool:
I'm thinking about doing this and probably will for sure, once I stop being lazy and swing round the hair shop :h:
I'm worried about dyeing my actual hair so I'll just clip in coloured hair like whatever
Original post by LittleMissMay
****ing badass, girl :cool:
I'm thinking about doing this and probably will for sure, once I stop being lazy and swing round the hair shop :h:
I'm worried about dyeing my actual hair so I'll just clip in coloured hair like whatever

It actually was only through a six month period as the upkeep was too much i just dyed my hair back naturally.
Original post by claireestelle
It actually was only through a six month period as the upkeep was too much i just dyed my hair back naturally.

Well still cool, I'm sure it looked boss :h:
Well I'm not saying its at all accurate
but some people have pointed out a correlation between coloured hair and:
girls with mental issues, sluts, attention-seekers, crazy SJW types.

Judgemental and steretyping much? Surely it's just people who like to be individual?
Judgemental and steretyping much? Surely it's just people who like to be individual?

cmon I'm not gonna agree with that and say that all girls with coloured hair have mental illnesses, but you can't deny there is an element of attention-seeking going on here. I mean what better way to get glances and comments from almost every person you meet than having bright purple hair?
Who is Zayn?

My bae.
cmon I'm not gonna agree with that and say that all girls with coloured hair have mental illnesses, but you can't deny there is an element of attention-seeking going on here. I mean what better way to get glances and comments from almost every person you meet than having bright purple hair?

True, I do enjoy attention. But I also like to experiment with different looks because I think it's boring to look the same way all the time.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
My bae.

ee man
Original post by mariam687
ee man

sup
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
sup

zayn rlly?

i thought u were better thn tht loool
I've had my hair all of those colours. My parents hated the lime green especially, but I never paid much mind to what anyone thought. Men told me they liked it less, that it made me less attractive but, given I was in a long-term relationship, I couldn't have given two hoots.
Bright red hair is hot AF :mmm:
I would only go for a hint of it purple or blue..

image.jpeg
Original post by Blondie987
I really want to die my hair pastel pink or lilac at some point

Then why don't you?

Quick Reply

Latest