The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M14B
Loads I am sure.
Come out now!

thats very.... something of you :colone:
Original post by Rhythmical
Aww. I don't think I've ever got that bad, sometimes I have mood swings and just intolerances of some aspects of the way people convey the religion.

That's true. I think I'm experiencing the day in someone's life where they question everything. For me, I think a lot of my upbringing was cultural as many Asian parents are like this.

Life sucks I guess.

They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.
Well, as some people would say, why do you compromise your faith?

But seriously, there are loads of Muslims who are non-religious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hxfsxh
No one can tell you to 'burn in hell' because you have free will and therefore you are free to leave the religion. If I quote correctly, 'there is no compulsion in religion'.

My mum might hit me with the shoe.
I was expecting people to come out and say it but honestly I bet they're the ones with secrets to hide.

Wait for them to come lol
Why don't you pray, if I may ask? Is it because you're starting to not believe in the religion or you simply don't care? (I'm not judging btw. I'm not religious myself :tongue:)

Original post by tahsin360
You're going to burn in hell if you don't change your ways!!!

Oh damn! You added an extra exclamation mark! :laugh:
Original post by hxfsxh
No one can tell you to 'burn in hell' because you have free will and therefore you are free to leave the religion. If I quote correctly, 'there is no compulsion in religion'.

Then why is apostasy met with death in scripture?
Original post by Deliciously
They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.

Have you told anyone yet?
Reply 27
Original post by fatima1998
thats very.... something of you :colone:

Kind?!
Original post by BristolFresher15

I don't know;I've not read it. Just relating to what I know from RS
Original post by M14B
Kind?!

in a sarcastic way...
:yes:
Have you told anyone yet?

No . Probably gonna come out when in my 20s
Original post by Legendary Quest
Wait for them to come lol
Why don't you pray, if I may ask? Is it because you're starting to not believe in the religion or you simply don't care? (I'm not judging btw. I'm not religious myself :tongue:)

Oh damn! You added an extra exclamation mark! :laugh:

I suppose when I was young, praying never got me the desired outcomes and I often found that when I prayed for loved ones that were dying, they would end up dying and at school the Darwin theory made sense to me. Like when I was younger, I was asked to draw what God was to me. I drew a firework because it shines brightly and burns almost instantly.
Original post by hxfsxh
I don't know;I've not read it. Just relating to what I know from RS

Fair enough :smile:
Original post by Deliciously
No . Probably gonna come out when in my 20s

Aw. I imagine that will be hard, I could never do it because I'm close to my family and people where I live are quite bitchy.

That's true. I think I'm experiencing the day in someone's life where they question everything. For me, I think a lot of my upbringing was cultural as many Asian parents are like this.

Yeah I completely understand. But you have to remember that whilst you may feel culture outweighed religion in the past. Not to dwell on it too much now since you are your own person now and can make decisions for yourself. If you feel like you want to reconnect again, don't feel as though your past will restrict you from doing so. It will take time, but go at your own pace, one that you are comfortable with to allow yourself to develop spiritually. Inshallah things will work out. :hugs:

Original post by fatima1998
I feel like you are worrying for us :yes:

:redface: I'm always here if you need me. :hugs:
Original post by BristolFresher15

One of the reasons why I am on the verge of leaving
Original post by aamirac
Yeah I completely understand. But you have to remember that whilst you may feel culture outweighed religion in the past. Not to dwell on it too much now since you are your own person now and can make decisions for yourself. If you feel like you want to reconnect again, don't feel as though your past will restrict you from doing so. It will take time, but go at your own pace, one that you are comfortable with to allow yourself to develop spiritually. Inshallah things will work out. :hugs:

:redface: I'm always here if you need me. :hugs:

Thank you very much. Your quite insightful and wise :smile:
One thing is for sure ... Islam is beautiful. Most religions are, the problem is the way it is presented . Most parents feel it works best to scare us with religion (which I never liked but it works for some people). Personally I find the way of life and (correct) moralities of religion very very beneficial and easy to accept.
Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?

Damn. I also stay away from pork and such and don't drink/smoke/etc because I've just been conditioned that way and perfectly happy with it, but yeah not my thing, all that Muslim stuff. I deeply resented my parents for placing more importance on being a 'better' Muslim than being a more cultured, educated British person.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Damn. I also stay away from pork and such and don't drink/smoke/etc because I've just been conditioned that way and perfectly happy with it, but yeah not my thing, all that Muslim stuff.

I do understand you. I don't think I would drink anyways. Like sometimes I act like a Muslim but it doesn't feel true. Maybe it'll change when I get older but who really knows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending