The Student Room Group

Leaving current job

I'm deciding to leave my job (been here for 2 years) due to too much pressure and it's also affecting my health. Things got so much out of control, so I've started looking for a different job. I'm currently a warehouse worker and looking for similar jobs because I like that kind of work.

Anyways, what could I put as a reason for leaving in future application forms or when asked in interviews? Is it enough just to say it was affecting my health? I work a physically demanding job and in temperature controlled environment (chilled).

Or can I just say that things went out of control and I'm leaving because I want something better for myself? Also, can my manager give a bad reference about me, especially when I'll be leaving after 2 years of service?
Original post by ForgetMe
I'm deciding to leave my job (been here for 2 years) due to too much pressure and it's also affecting my health. Things got so much out of control, so I've started looking for a different job. I'm currently a warehouse worker and looking for similar jobs because I like that kind of work.

Anyways, what could I put as a reason for leaving in future application forms or when asked in interviews? Is it enough just to say it was affecting my health? I work a physically demanding job and in temperature controlled environment (chilled).

Or can I just say that things went out of control and I'm leaving because I want something better for myself? Also, can my manager give a bad reference about me, especially when I'll be leaving after 2 years of service?

wtf were you doing? lifting these in the freezer area?

Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
wtf were you doing? lifting these in the freezer area?

No, I work in these :

1. Ambient chamber (lifting heavy boxes of beer, wine, fizzy drinks etc)

2. Chilled (about 0 C degrees)

We serve 172 stores in London and South East and Sainsbury's local stores such as Euston station, Waterloo station, Brixton station which are the busiest ones :erm:
Reply 3
Forgive me if I've misread this, but you're a warehouse worker (of 2 years) looking to find a new job (because it affects your health etc) doing something similar?
Have you tried telling your supervisor/boss about your health? They may put you in a less physically demanding role.
Find a new job before you quit the old one, then you still have money coming in & it'll look good that you're leaving one company for another.
Oh & boss can't say anything bad (IIRC) :-)

PlGLET
Original post by ForgetMe
x

i don't quite understand? what would be physically demanding???
i'm assuming here but don't you just use those machines and move stuff around?(pic 1)
i guess pic 2 looks more physically demanding, it looks as if you have to pack all that stuff into one big thing for those machines(in pic 1) to move
Reply 5
Original post by thefatone
i don't quite understand? what would be physically demanding???
i'm assuming here but don't you just use those machines and move stuff around?(pic 1)
i guess pic 2 looks more physically demanding, it looks as if you have to pack all that stuff into one big thing for those machines(in pic 1) to move

You do all the lifting with your own hands :facepalm: Machine just carries cages where you put stuff in.. This means you have to lift stuff that weights up to 20kg and carry it into your cage.

In pic 2, we exactly the same as in pic 1 but instead of machine, we use pallet truck which you pull everywhere with you and do same picking.
Reply 6

Latest

Trending

Trending