The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LittleMissMay

**Also prove they're "over represented!" That means now it's your turn to start googling statistics about who's killed by the police more :h:

Or did you want me to prove that black people were over represented in crime? I'm not sure, but let me give you an example anyway.

"Black people make up 13% of the US population yet were responsible for 52.5% of homicides recorded between 1980-2008. "

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
Original post by KingBradly
I get that, but I can see why they say "blacklivesmatter", because in the end this is unfortunately what seems to need to be most specified to the US police. They really do seem pretty racist.

The likelihood of a policeman being assaulted or even shot at rise dramatically if their potential perp is black, it's all well and good to say they should be colorblind, but imagine if it were a member of your family. Would you want them to ignore the facts and take extra risk in the name of PC.

It seems no other demographic needs to do this, where is the #Irishlivesmatter or #chineselivesmatter. That black people are more likely to be involved in criminality is the problem, that they are most likely to be the shooters, and victim of, gun crime is the issue.

No white police officer wants to be in a black neighborhood or trying to arrest a black perp, it's a lose/lose scenario. Perhaps they could maintain their own police force in their own communities? If white people are such a problem why on earth are they moving into their communities and why are the people in their home countries flooding white countries?
Original post by NickLCFC
Or did you want me to prove that black people were over represented in crime? I'm not sure, but let me give you an example anyway.

"Black people make up 13% of the US population yet were responsible for 52.5% of homicides recorded between 1980-2008. "

she has a monkey brain....she tried to play smart in another thread like this too...and i shut her down....smh
Original post by NickLCFC

In b4 "the institutional racism is why this is the case" and "all we need is education". Also, 3% of UK population and 15% of the prison population, coincidence or is it proof of the institutional racism....... because there couldn't be any other reason :rolleyes:
Original post by DiddyDec
You know the sum total of **** all about me.

You said that the violent thugs smashing up cities and assaulting people is the movement.

These rioters are angry about their situation in society and how their people are treated. I myself come from a race that has been oppressed. They fight and break out because their emotions take over. Those who take it over the top are not doing it for the movement.

I would explain in further detail but privileged people like you simply cannot fathom this.
Original post by Youngmetro
These rioters are angry about their situation in society and how their people are treated. I myself come from a race that has been oppressed. They fight and break out because their emotions take over. Those who take it over the top are not doing it for the movement.

I would explain in further detail but privileged people like you simply cannot fathom this.

For the movement until they cross an invisible boudary snd then they act alone?

****ing try me.
Original post by DiddyDec
For the movement until they cross an invisible boudary snd then they act alone?

****ing try me.

????? what are you trying to say

It's very simple. They are oppressed. People of same race, especially non whites, will feel part of a close community. When one of their brothers or sisters get killed, they're not gonna be happy. The emotion and injustice they experience overwhelms them and rioting seems to be the best way to get the message across. It happens all the time, around the whole world. In the USA, you are more likely to get shot as a black person than a white person, regardless of the fact that black people do more violent crime. Imagine a black guy and white guy in the same situation, say they had a knife. The black guy is more likely to get shot. That's a fact, In fact, you're 9 times more likely. and for so long, like 30 years, no one has addressed this issue. Imagine yourself as a black person growing up in a run down neighborhood, and this is the kind of **** you're born into.
People keep mentioning black on black crime but

Black guy kills a black guy: 1dead 1 in prison for life, justice is served.

White guy kills a black guy with outstanding evidence: Black guy dead, White guy gets rich and goes on vacation. No justice served.

As long as justice is served there wont be any protest or riots, simple as that
Original post by niceguy95
People keep mentioning black on black crime but

Black guy kills a black guy: 1dead 1 in prison for life, justice is served.

White guy kills a black guy with outstanding evidence: Black guy dead, White guy gets rich and goes on vacation. No justice served.

As long as justice is served there wont be any protest or riots, simple as that

Black person attacks a police officer officer shoots=legal=mass violent protests, people shooting at the police.'
Original post by joecphillips
Black person attacks a police officer officer shoots=legal=mass violent protests, people shooting at the police.'

what do u want em to do if they are being targeted
Original post by Latin Beauty
what do u want em to do if they are being targeted

They are not.
They commit 4x the violent crime and are shot at 2.45 times more which is a problem but they are not being targeted, I use violent crime as I don't think anyone would be happy the police shooting someone for littering.
They are not.
They commit 4x the violent crime and are shot at 2.45 times more which is a problem but they are not being targeted, I use violent crime as I don't think anyone would be happy the police shooting someone for littering.

where do u live?
I dunno, US cops shoot twice as many white people as every other race, so i don't understand the hysteria.
where do u live?

U.K. But the stats in America don't get changed just because I'm not in America.
U.K. But the stats in America don't get changed just because I'm not in America.

have u studied US history ?
have u studied US history ?

Is this a discussion on the past or what is happening today?
No one can say things were fair in the past as they weren't but that is a different question than what Blm claims to want which is equality today so historical issues don't come into play.
Is this a discussion on the past or what is happening today?
No one can say things were fair in the past as they weren't but that is a different question than what Blm claims to want which is equality today so historical issues don't come into play.

just answer me
just answer me

I haven't studied history

You answer me is this a discussion on history or what is happening today?
I haven't studied history

You answer me is this a discussion on history or what is happening today?

not done yet

so u think it aint racial

yet through history u see the same targeting by white authorities toward blacks all throughout it

but 2016 white authorities are not targeting no more?

give reasons
not done yet

so u think it aint racial

yet through history u see the same targeting by white authorities toward blacks all throughout it

but 2016 white authorities are not targeting no more?

give reasons

4x violent crime by blacks would make you think 4x the shootings but it is not that high.

If you look at the crimes where shootings take place the majority is violent crimes, so violent crime is more relevant than crimes like littering.

Latest

Trending

Trending