The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how to define religiousness. :redface:
I understand you! Honestly it's all about taking it step by step. You can't become a devoted Muslim overnight- it just won't work like that. You could start off by praying once a day and then gradually increase it.
I probably need to do this too, my heart feels so heavy whenever I remember that I don't pray anymore :frown:
Original post by Rhythmical
Thank you very much. Your quite insightful and wise :smile:

:colondollar: You're welcome and thank you :lol:
Original post by TianaEsther
I understand you! Honestly it's all about taking it step by step. You can't become a devoted Muslim overnight- it just won't work like that. You could start off by praying once a day and then gradually increase it.
I probably need to do this too, my heart feels so heavy whenever I remember that I don't pray anymore :frown:

I might try it, it could help. And aww I do feel your pain, although I would never leave the religion despite my feelings.

On another note, did anyone see Murdered by my Father?
Original post by aamirac
:colondollar: You're welcome and thank you :lol:

No problem. You resorted the harmony in the thread..
I might try it, it could help. And aww I do feel your pain, although I would never leave the religion despite my feelings.

Give it a go and tell me if it's worked for you I'll do the same and we can make progress together :h:

If it's of any use, I've seen murdered by my boyfriend (although it was a few years back so I can't remember a lot of it).
Original post by tahsin360
One thing is for sure ... Islam is beautiful. Most religions are, the problem is the way it is presented . Most parents feel it works best to scare us with religion (which I never liked but it works for some people). Personally I find the way of life and (correct) moralities of religion very very beneficial and easy to accept.

Wise words !
Somewhat, I suppose. I barely pray the conventional way (which is nothing to boast about) and eat non-halal food from time to time.

I genuinely am working on changing, though. There are a few things I need to get my head around, or figure out. I've never been one to commit to a thing unless I'm sure it's what I want. I feel as though I can truly become a Muslim when I analyse and understand its beauty word for word. That is the day I'll proudly say that I'm a Muslim.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Deliciously
One of the reasons why I am on the verge of leaving

One of the reasons why I left :smile:
No problem. You resorted the harmony in the thread..

:colondollar: If you say so!

-----

I saw Murdered By my Father! :eek:. Quite thought provoking for sure :holmes:

I watched it the other day, my initial thoughts were that it would be an inaccurate show based on sweeping generalizations, however they addressed a very real and serious problem.. and they did it pretty well imo.
Original post by Deliciously
They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.

Why sikhism though? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sikhs believe ALL religions are correct (including sunni Islam :tongue:)?
Reply 52
My mum might hit me with the shoe.

as long as it aint high heels bruhh it aint bad
Wonderfully free Ex Mus here. Used to be like you guys a few years back. :smile:
Original post by BristolFresher15
One of the reasons why I left :smile:

Out of curiosity why else did you leave?
Original post by TianaEsther
Give it a go and tell me if it's worked for you I'll do the same and we can make progress together :h:

If it's of any use, I've seen murdered by my boyfriend (although it was a few years back so I can't remember a lot of it).

Aw I will do and you should see Murdered by my Father as it is so sad but realistic.

Original post by aamirac
:colondollar: If you say so!

-----

I saw Murdered By my Father! :eek:. Quite thought provoking for sure :holmes:

It is really sad but I think they did an amazing job of writing itm

Original post by confusedkid1997
I watched it the other day, my initial thoughts were that it would be an inaccurate show based on sweeping generalizations, however they addressed a very real and serious problem.. and they did it pretty well imo.

I know and I think it highlighted key issues hitting home and a lot of people now understand these situations..

Original post by MevMev
as long as it aint high heels bruhh it aint bad

My mum don't wear high heels lol.
Original post by champ_mc99
Why sikhism though? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sikhs believe ALL religions are correct (including sunni Islam :tongue:)?

They believe that members of religion can have a direct connection to God, basically in short. Sunni Islam is vile and disgusting.

ISIS= Sunni Islam
i think the fact that many of you are asking questions about your religion is a great thing, better than just blindly accepting a faith or its teachings. regardless of which religion you choose to follow (if any) youll always have doubts. the muslim community tends to have figures that portray themselves as perfect, and us being muslims teens tend to feel as if we are 'bad' muslims in comparison to them when in reality we know nothing about there private lives, or there intentions.
i think its best to just do your own thing, i believe in one god and his final messenger.. that makes me muslim, have i had days, or even weeks where i forget prayer and question my belief? yes but each time my imaan grows as a result. i wish you guys all the best with exams and all the good stuff :P
Original post by champ_mc99

Sikh scripture says dont call Quran false
You are all gonna burn in hell - Bunch of Disbelievers -_- and how can you say " i eat NON-HALAL FOOD from time to time" and still think you are a muslim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending