The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliciously
They believe that members of religion can have a direct connection to God, basically in short. Sunni Islam is vile and disgusting.

ISIS= Sunni Islam

where ever actually sunni muslim though? last statement making me doubt that
Original post by confusedkid1997
where ever actually sunni muslim though? last statement making me doubt that

But is the difference between Saudi Arabia ( Sunni = Wahabi ) and ISIS.
Same laws and same practices
But is the difference between Saudi Arabia ( Sunni = Wahabi ) and ISIS.
Same laws and same practices

sunni does not equal wahhabism, wahhabism is a sect of sunni islam. regardless of your past religious beliefs , you are uneducated with regards to this discussion.
sunni does not equal wahhabism, wahhabism is a sect of sunni islam. regardless of your past religious beliefs , you are uneducated with regards to this discussion.

What is the punishment in Sunnism for adultery ?
What is the punishment in Wahabism for adultery ?
Original post by helpMehRevise
You are all gonna burn in hell - Bunch of Disbelievers -_- and how can you say " i eat NON-HALAL FOOD from time to time" and still think you are a muslim.

I never said that

This guy's join date to post ratio smells very fishy.
Yep, disconnected from it 5 years ago lmao, in crossroads about it now :yes:
They believe that members of religion can have a direct connection to God, basically in short. Sunni Islam is vile and disgusting.

ISIS= Sunni Islam

Don't those statements contradict each other. Members of a "vile and disgusting" religion can have a connection to God?
Original post by Al-farhan
This guy's join date to post ratio smells very fishy.

Normally just stalk uni threads :wink:
Original post by champ_mc99
Don't those statements contradict each other. Members of a "vile and disgusting" religion can have a connection to God?

No. If you are Sunni, but a good person then it is fine. What I criticize is the ideology and not the people,
Guys the best ways i have found to become closer to the religion is going to the mosque for prayer. Not just every other friday when you have time i mean go to the mosque to pray Asr, go for Duhr just try to go to the mosque whenever possible. It's honestly the most peaceful thing you can do. It is so nice. Especially Fajr prayer.
Fajr prayer at mosque is one of my most favourite experiences. Hearing the beautiful recitation and making duah after prayer is honestly so enlightening. Even the breeze of fajr-time air is great.
Listen to more talks, download apps on your phone which play Adhan when it's prayer time. Listen to recitations.
There is so much. You will find that as soon as you go mosque you will also make many more friends and nice people which are beneficial to hang around with also.
Try listening to talks and lectures which are narrating stories from the quran such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAe6B11n7Q (only 2-3minutes but anwar al-awlaki is really good and i recommend many of his other videos).
Original post by hxfsxh
No one can tell you to 'burn in hell' because you have free will and therefore you are free to leave the religion. If I quote correctly, 'there is no compulsion in religion'.

The existence of heaven and hell is not dependent upond one leaving the religion and not believing in it. One can close their eyes as they see a lampost in the distance but just because one chooses not to see it doesn't mean they won't talk face first into it...
i know its haram and whatnot but I got a tattoo 2 years ago when I was very immature. Still pray and go mosque and dat but I make du'aa and hopefully God will forgive me inshallah.
No. If you are Sunni, but a good person then it is fine. What I criticize is the ideology and not the people,

Why bother being petty over little things. Just follow the messenger of allah (saw) and the quran and authentic hadith then you will be on the right path.
They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.

Dat moment when you are an irreligious Sunni wanting to be Sikh and I came from an irreligious Sikh background but now am firmly conservative and Sunni
Original post by Squishy•
Why bother being petty over little things. Just follow the messenger of allah (saw) and the quran and authentic hadith then you will be on the right path.

:colonhash:
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
i know its haram and whatnot but I got a tattoo 2 years ago when I was very immature. Still pray and go mosque and dat but I make du'aa and hopefully God will forgive me inshallah.

Spoiler

There's no such thing as a non-religious Muslim because a Muslim is a person who follows the beliefs of Islam, which is a religion.

One can either be a non-religious athiest or a religious follower of a religion.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Dat moment when you are an irreligious Sunni wanting to be Sikh and I came from an irreligious Sikh background but now am firmly conservative and Sunni

LOL
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D

Become a Shia

Quick Reply