The Student Room Group

Free speech is dying: homes in Germany raided for anti-migrant views

Scroll to see replies

looks like the gestapo/stasi are back in action
Reply 2
Careful the police have already said they will visit people who make comments which are untrue, hurtful, unnecessary or unkind.
It's terrifying.
Reply 4
Very saddened to read this
Reply 5
They will say it is hurtful to the people who dislike free speech they really stretch words to further the regressive lefts agenda just look at the Canadian case of Gregory Allen Elliot
Reply 6
I'm praying for trump and hope to head west.
Reply 7
I'd take anything posted on Breitbart with a pinch of salt tbh, a site notorious for twisting facts to suit their right wing agenda and the article almost seems to imply they're raiding people's homes for simply disagreeing with immigration which I don't think is the case here. Looking at the translation of the original source, these were the homes of right wing extremists who had posted various anti-semitic, racist and other hate on social media and some had guns and drugs in their homes too, they're not just going round raiding the homes of anyone who says one bad word against immigration or migrants ffs, since when did racism and anti-semitism count as free speech?
Reply 8
Original post by Olie
I'd take anything posted on Breitbart with a pinch of salt tbh, a site notorious for twisting facts to suit their right wing agenda and the article almost seems to imply they're raiding people's homes for simply disagreeing with immigration which I don't think is the case here. Looking at the translation of the original source, these were the homes of right wing extremists who had posted various anti-semitic, racist and other hate on social media and some had guns and drugs in their homes too, they're not just going round raiding the homes of anyone who says one bad word against immigration or migrants ffs, since when did racism and anti-semitism count as free speech?

I believe always acting on them is illegal but expressing the opinion isn't actually illegal.

It's kind of the point of free speech to be able to freely express idiotic and unpopular views
this happens in the UK too.
Reply 10
Not in Germany (or many other European countries) Expressing anti-Semitic points of view is a criminal offense.
Reply 11
Original post by Olie

So you believe it should be illegal to make a racist or anti-Semitic remark? Punishable by imprisonment?
People criticising this: would you support similar actions against people who had posted extreme Islamist material on the web?
Totalitarian practices hidden behind the veil of fake democracy. I'm disgusted.
Cause thats not migration
Germany can deal with the ones against uncontrolled migration

But they can't deal with the ones who raped and assaulted women in Cologne and Frankfurt.

Makes total sense.
Out out out get us out the eu
It seems the German media is also very careful of criticising Merkel. I am beyond shock at the situation in that country. One would have thought that hindsight would have taught them the importance of liberty and freedom of expression.
The force confiscated mobile phones, narcotics and weapons.

..................Maybe that's why they were raided?????????

Breitbart is a cancer, and all of these idiots getting up in arms over this would be the first to demand raiding the homes of Muslims (and throwing them out of the country, and then throwing all Muslims out of the country, and then leaving the EU and stopping all immigration) if they posted extremist comments.
Original post by Mathemagicien
They didn't raid people because they suspected them of having narcotics and weapons illegally; rather, they raided them because of their right wing views.

"In some of the homes searched police were forced to admit they hadn’t found anything at all, but Redlich justified the raids saying they were maybe, “people who just once expressed their hate-opinion.” "

According to this cancerous news outlet with a very blatant agenda. They even contradicted themselves (you quoted it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending