The Student Room Group

Do you beep at fit girls?

Scroll to see replies

If a guy beeped at me i would probally take my shoe off, ****ing smash my shoe in his front window until it goes through to his face and ask him what he wanted after making him pay for that compensation on his car and face :smile::smile::smile: Savage level 100 no repect for these f boys
Original post by Supersaps
I would prefer it if neither of us played the patronising card. I find it a little patronising that you think I'm thinking within a privileged enviroment when I'm on something not too much greater than minimum wage supporting a family. It's not a particularly privileged box at all. At least, it doesn't feel like one. I would say we just have a real conversation without worrying about patronising the other - as I'm sure neither of us intend to be so. :smile:

What are the real issues you'd like us to solve and what can we do to accomplish our goals? As far as I can see, compared to lots of other women around the world, the UK is pretty high up the ladder with the battles of voting, employment, divorce rights etc already won. What are these real issues and what can we do to fix them?

SS

I am sooooo Thursday night dunk you cannot Imagine. I will responded when I can xxx
Original post by ivybridge
No. Have some respect.

how in anyway is it disrespectful?

if i saw a 10/10 id honk to oblivion
Original post by Apache Tyrone
how in anyway is it disrespectful?

if i saw a 10/10 id honk to oblivion

Because it makes many more women feel uncomfortable and like sexual objects, than it does desirable and confident or anything else positive.
Original post by ivybridge
Because it makes many more women feel uncomfortable and like sexual objects, than it does desirable and confident or anything else positive.

Beeping horns -----> sexual objectification

0-1 hunna mofo!
I honestly think you have to be a special sort of **** to do this.
I see it the other day.
One car beeped one woman while she was putting her baby in the baby seat.
She did not look happy.
Original post by animaria
If a guy beeped at me i would probally take my shoe off, ****ing smash my shoe in his front window until it goes through to his face and ask him what he wanted after making him pay for that compensation on his car and face :smile::smile::smile: Savage level 100 no repect for these f boys

What if it turned out his hand had slipped and he honked the horn unintentionally? Or... maybe he was trying to warn you of imminent danger. :colonhash:
Original post by meediaabid
yeah if im driving in front of a mirror :wink:

Sounds dangerous.
I would prefer it if neither of us played the patronising card. I find it a little patronising that you think I'm thinking within a privileged enviroment when I'm on something not too much greater than minimum wage supporting a family. It's not a particularly privileged box at all. At least, it doesn't feel like one. I would say we just have a real conversation without worrying about patronising the other - as I'm sure neither of us intend to be so. :smile:

What are the real issues you'd like us to solve and what can we do to accomplish our goals? As far as I can see, compared to lots of other women around the world, the UK is pretty high up the ladder with the battles of voting, employment, divorce rights etc already won. What are these real issues and what can we do to fix them?

SS

We are privileged, here in the West, both having come from educated middle class families. Immensely so. We've dealt with the big issues within our little world, and there's a huge population of women out there who have far far far less than you can ever imagine having. You are in a tiny percentage of incredibly privileged people. And so, there is plenty of need for feminism, and tackling these issues is hardly what you could think of as ridiculous.

I don't play cards. It certainly is patronising to assume ( though I don't believe you actually assume this) that women want careers to enable them to buy bigger houses and better cars. Come on, we want careers for the same variety of reasons as you guys do.

As for the issues still to be fixed, I think most of the work to be done surrounds our attitudes toward women, and if I'm allowed to say it, issues concerning the treatment of women that have been imported from other cultures such as FGM, breast ironing, honour killings. Being in the position we are and being the example we are, we should do as much as we can to change the lives of women around the world, in places where feminism is yet to be scoffed at in the way it is over here. Oh dear.
Original post by leavingthecity
We are privileged, here in the West, both having come from educated middle class families. Immensely so. We've dealt with the big issues within our little world, and there's a huge population of women out there who have far far far less than you can ever imagine having. You are in a tiny percentage of incredibly privileged people. And so, there is plenty of need for feminism, and tackling these issues is hardly what you could think of as ridiculous.

I don't play cards. It certainly is patronising to assume ( though I don't believe you actually assume this) that women want careers to enable them to buy bigger houses and better cars. Come on, we want careers for the same variety of reasons as you guys do.

As for the issues still to be fixed, I think most of the work to be done surrounds our attitudes toward women, and if I'm allowed to say it, issues concerning the treatment of women that have been imported from other cultures such as FGM, breast ironing, honour killings. Being in the position we are and being the example we are, we should do as much as we can to change the lives of women around the world, in places where feminism is yet to be scoffed at in the way it is over here. Oh dear.

Fair enough. That's reasonable. There's plenty for us to do overseas. How can we actually help, though? You were proclaiming action and not talking but I haven't got the foggiest idea what to do against FGM, breast ironing or honour killings apart from complain about them on TSR!

SS
Fair enough. That's reasonable. There's plenty for us to do overseas. How can we actually help, though? You were proclaiming action and not talking but I haven't got the foggiest idea what to do against FGM, breast ironing or honour killings apart from complain about them on TSR!

SS

Your vote, how you bring up your kids, small donations and charity fund raising are little things we can do. Some people can do a lot more, like my mother who went out to Kenya to teach girls science. Some of us women in the corporate world will hopefully have the chance to change the attitudes of a couple of men we work with.

Quick Reply

Latest