The Student Room Group

UoM or UEA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
Well, Manchester is almost double the size of UEA, and the table is not adjusted. It's a good measure but not 100% reliable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, the fact that RG universities dominated the market at 81% would suggest to me that even if Manchester and UEA were of the same size, Manchester would still outperform them. UEA is not a bad university, but to to say that it is better than Manchester is pushing it.
UEA all the way but I have a biased view having studied there :wink: Manchester's Law department does not rank in any of the main league tables above UEA and you're guaranteed a great student experience at UEA. Manchester's student experience levels do not match UEA. Also the cost of living seems to be cheaper in Norwich.

Just think about that. A good Law department, three years of being happy, and it's not going to cost you as much for the extras like accommodation by choosing Norwich. If I was your relative I'd be taking into account those factors!
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Well, the fact that RG universities dominated the market at 81% would suggest to me that even if Manchester and UEA were of the same size, Manchester would still outperform them. UEA is not a bad university, but to to say that it is better than Manchester is pushing it.

Manchester does very well in the table. To attribute that to its LLB grads is fallacious -- it almost certainly comes from the success of its GDLs. This is something an applicant has to take into account when they're given the Chambers report.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Manchester does very well in the table. To attribute that to its LLB grads is fallacious -- it almost certainly comes from the success of its GDLs. This is something an applicant has to take into account when they're given the Chambers report.

Fair point. Are you saying that UEA is better LLB than Manchester for law then?
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Fair point. Are you saying that UEA is better LLB than Manchester for law then?

No. But I'd posit there's little difference between the two. At least not a significant one.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending