The Student Room Group

help

hello I'm currently doing my a levels and I'm planning to apply for medicine but I don't know when to apply to write my ukcat or bmat.. could anyone help me. And does anyone know which universities really want people with lots of work experience? thank you
Original post by Antonia Ashley
hello I'm currently doing my a levels and I'm planning to apply for medicine but I don't know when to apply to write my ukcat or bmat.. could anyone help me. And does anyone know which universities really want people with lots of work experience? thank you

For the UKCAT, registration opens on the 3rd May and you apply on their website: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk

For the BMAT, registration will open some time later (about September IIRC) and you'll need to apply through a centre where they offer the BMAT.

In terms of which Med Schools place emphasis on work experience, have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths but just bear in mind that some of them may be out of date, so it'd be best to check with each individual medical school before applying.
Ohh thank you... I'm in year 12 ... Do you think I should apply to write the ukcat this year or in year 13
Ohh thank you... I'm in year 12 ... Do you think I should apply to write the ukcat this year or in year 13

If you plan on applying during Year 13, you'll need to do the UKCAT this year.
x

Following on from @usycool1 's comment, BMAT entries open on September 1st and close on October 1st. You can find more information about the BMAT on their website.

Also as a general note - apply to sit the UKCAT as soon as you can once entries open, to make sure you get the date/time you want. Places go surprisingly quickly.

In terms of work experience, most universities appreciate that work exp can be pretty hard to get hold of - so don't worry if you don't have much, as long as you have something. It's not a case of what you have, but what you learned from it - which is what you should reflect on in your personal statement.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest