The Student Room Group

Why do people take so long to get on trains?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
x

At least the metropolitan line has those new, spacious trains. We're stuck with old ones...

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This thread is exactly why I never want to live in London again :rofl:

The escalator thing drives me nuts. It's so dangerous!

I'm getting stressed out just reading this :lol:

Honestly I feel so insecure on the underground. What if I'm walking too slowly? What if I'm not letting people on the train because I'm in their way? Should I let this person sit down? What are other people thinking about me right now? Is my music too loud?
Eeeekkkk

But the London Underground is what makes London, London! :redface:
Original post by ZuluK
Nympho, mate, you have equally be really harsh towards me and even though your replies are wack, it's still deemed as bullying I'll get carded and then I'll bring out the race card and get you carded :wink: yeah bitch :biggrin:

Oh and it only triggers you because you know that deep down you are a nymph.

Stay on topic... And stop derailing. :colonhash:

I don't even know what race you are mate :hand:

Anyway white people can still be on the end of racist treatment. E.g. AG won't marry me because I'm white and not South Asian.

I'm a nymph in one definition of the word yes, but not in the definition that you embody.

Disclaimer- I feel anyone reading mine and Zulu's interactions should know we are joking and this is our way of expressing the deep love we have for each other. Her roasts are amazing though, and they far surpass anything I can come up with :sad:
Reply 42
Never mind trains,what about lifts?
That's what I have or at least had a problem with.
It's incredible how slowly people get onto lifts.

For some reason the people at the front of a large crowd of people waiting for a lift(think Covent Garden on a late Saturday afternoon)seem to deliberately walk into the lift soooooo slowly!As if it's a new adventure for them.Or perhaps they simply don't realise that the lift doors only stay open for a minute or so. Or perhaps they simply forgot they are at the head of a big queue.

I don't know what it is. I just always make sure I'm near the front of the queue.
Original post by homeland.lsw
At least the metropolitan line has those new, spacious trains. We're stuck with old ones...

Ikr, which is why I llove the Met line. But, the Jubilee has the old ones as well, and I take that train too :/
Ikr, which is why I llove the Met line. But, the Jubilee has the old ones as well, and I take that train too :/

Hmmm, but the Jubilee line is alright for me, if I need it I get it from Stratford where the train is empty.
I think I've used suburban trains once or twice, but they always confuse me...
Nope deffo, I used it once and it was like any other train...
The main, non underground trains I used were the Eurostar, Heathrow Connect and Gatwick Express...
You what else is gut wrenchingly awful?

Watching someone who has never been on a train before trying to buy a ticket one from one of those forsaken, unfit for purpose, dodgy touch screen, painfully slow ticket machines with a 12kb/h dial up connection running on windows 95 in the station.

First they're like... hmmm, where do I want to go today?! (Scroll through every train station available, takes the page 3 seconds load each time). Hmmmm.... what kind of ticket do I want? Single? Oh no, let's go back... hmm... what's a railcard... oh no I don't have one of them.... Alright, let's pay. Oh right, I need to find my card. *Searches for card in bag* *Machine times out* *Back to square one*

Argghhhhhh..... I've missed my train because of this a few times :lol:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Hmmm, but the Jubilee line is alright for me, if I need it I get it from Stratford where the train is empty.
I think I've used suburban trains once or twice, but they always confuse me...
Nope deffo, I used it once and it was like any other train...
The main, non underground trains I used were the Eurostar, Heathrow Connect and Gatwick Express...

Yeh, Jubilee line on the other side for me, but they get packed within 3 or so stops.
Original post by Ethereal World
JBlondon you have a great story about travelling on trains. Maybe now is the time to bring it out?

:colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
You what else is gut wrenchingly awful?

Watching someone who has never been on a train before trying to buy a ticket one from one of those forsaken, unfit for purpose, dodgy touch screen, painfully slow ticket machines with a 12kb/h dial up connection running on windows 95 in the station.

First they're like... hmmm, where do I want to go today?! (Scroll through every train station available, takes the page 3 seconds load each time). Hmmmm.... what kind of ticket do I want? Single? Oh no, let's go back... hmm... what's a railcard... oh no I don't have one of them.... Alright, let's pay. Oh right, I need to find my card. *Searches for card in bag* *Machine times out* *Back to square one*

Argghhhhhh..... I've missed my train because of this a few times :lol:

I was thinking this as me and FullofSurprises were discussing cash machines!!

Also I found this for you re the Waterloo and City line en ce matin:

Reply 49
I don't even know what race you are mate :hand:

Anyway white people can still be on the end of racist treatment. E.g. AG won't marry me because I'm white and not South Asian.

I'm a nymph in one definition of the word yes, but not in the definition that you embody.

Disclaimer- I feel anyone reading mine and Zulu's interactions should know we are joking and this is our way of expressing the deep love we have for each other. Her roasts are amazing though, and they far surpass anything I can come up with :sad:

I'm not white, therefore I can pull any race card I want :colone:

Damnnnn, AG has just made my day... :biggrin: don't worry, you'll find some weird guy from TSR, he might not be South Asian though and may be 60 years old :h:

Disclaimer: Nympho doesn't realise but our interactions are not jokes and I take this matter seriously. There is no deep love, only deep envy from Nymphos side towards me as I am far better than her at everything. Even my voice is more seductive and sexier than hers and not as high either :h:
Original post by ZuluK
I'm not white, therefore I can pull any race card I want :colone:

Damnnnn, AG has just made my day... :biggrin: don't worry, you'll find some weird guy from TSR, he might not be South Asian though and may be 60 years old :h:

Disclaimer: Nympho doesn't realise but our interactions are not jokes and I take this matter seriously. There is no deep love, only deep envy from Nymphos side towards me as I am far better than her at everything. Even my voice is more seductive and sexier than hers and not as high either :h:

The fact that I can't be with the love of my life shouldn't have made your day. That's just cruel. I'm gonna cry to him now about you. He thinks that you are desperate anyway. Especially for BBC.

What race are you though?

Disclaimer: ZuluK is jealous because Imperion and Too Nervous To Talk (aka the guys that she begs it from all the time, prefer ME and I have evidence to prove it :u:
Original post by JBLondon

Spoiler

Dead! :rofl:
hahahah "Big ugly trout" I'm crying...

Honestly the exact opposite happens to me, if I don't stand up, people get angry at me....:mad:
When my train arrived at Bond Street, and I was fortunate enough to have a seat, a (very clearly) pregnant lady boarded the train. Naturally, not wanting to disappoint my mother or my old mentor at British Airways, I immediately offered her my seat.You would have thought I had accused her of being Kim-Jong-Il’s buttock warmer.

‘How dare you offer me your seat, don’t you know I’m perfectly capable of standing just like you? I’m not some weak woman who need’s a man’s help. There’s nothing I can’t do without a man’ said the pregnant woman ironically.

‘I was just…’ I tried, hoping that people wouldn't suddenly decide to listen in and think I was guilty of some shocking crime against her.‘If I want your help, I’ll ask for it, but I never will because I don’t need ignorant people telling me where to sit and how to live. Sit back down you arrogant ****hole’.

There are very few moments in my life I can confess to being utterly speechless. This was number 4.I tried to compose a suitable reply in my head. I was deciding whether to be the bigger man (or person I suppose would be apt here), or whether to give her 100 lashes. I was just about to open my mouth, when the lady that was sitting next to me said to the independent one:‘Oh belt up you ugly old trout, he was being kind. I hope your baby doesn’t turn out as ugly as your attitude’.

^^^^ Removed from spoiler because everyone should see this tbh. Love this story. :mmm:

Spoiler

Oh snap :toofunny:
Reply 54
The fact that I can't be with the love of my life shouldn't have made your day. That's just cruel. I'm gonna cry to him now about you. He thinks that you are desperate anyway. Especially for BBC.

What race are you though?

Disclaimer: ZuluK is jealous because Imperion and Too Nervous To Talk (aka the guys that she begs it from all the time, prefer ME and I have evidence to prove it :u:

Oh Nympho, unlike you, I don't care what people of TSR think of me :h: thirsty for BBC? Nah mate, I already have one to satisfy me so this thirstiness you see is just a facade. :u:

You don't need to know what race I am? Why does race matter? Just because I'm not white doesn't mean I'm not as privileged. Oh wait, it does :colonhash:

Disclaimer: TNTT and Imperion are only nice to you because they are afraid that you will go all crazy on them which is likely. TNTT chose me as his best friend and Imperion (don't even go there :colone: ) Trust me, no jealousy on my part what so ever :h:
Original post by ZuluK
Oh Nympho, unlike you, I don't care what people of TSR think of me :h: thirsty for BBC? Nah mate, I already have one to satisfy me so this thirstiness you see is just a facade. :u:

You don't need to know what race I am? Why does race matter? Just because I'm not white doesn't mean I'm not as privileged. Oh wait, it does :colonhash:

Disclaimer: TNTT and Imperion are only nice to you because they are afraid that you will go all crazy on them which is likely. TNTT chose me as his best friend and Imperion (don't even go there :colone: ) Trust me, no jealousy on my part what so ever :h:

See this is what always happens. You roast me beyond belief and I crack up, rep you, and then give up cause I can't ever win against you.

I'm just interested because you were going on about having half-cast babies with Imperion or whatever (on my blog as well :colonhash: GTFO) so I was like hmmmmmm.. :holmes:
Oh snap :toofunny:

But sometimes you get nice people on PT, that just really make your day :h:
Reply 57
See this is what always happens. You roast me beyond belief and I crack up, rep you, and then give up cause I can't ever win against you.

I'm just interested because you were going on about having half-cast babies with Imperion or whatever (on my blog as well :colonhash: GTFO) so I was like hmmmmmm.. :holmes:

:rofl: ngl You do try and I always laugh at your attempts. And when you rep me, I have to rep you back :redface:

Half-Caste babiesssss.... I'm Pakistani :h: though you wouldn't be able to tell as we are the both the same shade of brown and Muslim (though Mr Hydeman thinks i should be Atheist :colonhash: )

Mate, youre the one who tags me... :colonhash:

Original post by ZuluK

BBC checking in.
Original post by Apache Tyrone
BBC checking in.

Loooool I would be careful. ZuluK will be sliding into your PMs any time soon :sexface:

We have derailed Captain Jack's thread so much :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest