The Student Room Group

Whose ready for gcse ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrlhyms
its a month before exams so people should really just be doing past papers at this point and finished learning all the content

You make me so nervous! I'm so not ready!!
Original post by MattB_
It's going well although I tend to get distracted. During this break I've just been rewriting my notes and learning the core material for humanity subjects. The sciences I've just been doing past paper questions, likewise with Maths. English I've been re analysing the poems and non-fiction prose pieces, as well as going over texts and just writing down quotes that I may find useful then going back to them categorising them and analysing them. Haven't really done anything for languages other than going over past papers and writing down the vocabulary I didn't understand or know then learn them and read books in french / italian. How about you?

Wow your doing well. Well, mine's going well and same i do get distracted as well. For science, i would review the topic then attempt a past papers and looking at weaknesses . For English Literature, i've been reviewing my notes and learning some quotes as well as watching videos :smile: For Geography , again past papers and reviewing notes and weaknesses. French, i haven't revised much but i've re-written my C.A. For psychology there is a lot of memorising so i tend to do flashcards and repeating things over and over again. I just feel like past papers are what you have to be focusing on now rather writing notes so i tend to focus more on reviewing everything and attempting past papers and looking at my weaknesses. How much do you revise a day?
Original post by Bernie2016
I only have 16 exams :redface:

luckyyy
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha yep what subjects do you do and what exam boards?

English Lit + Lang, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Music are all AQA.

Maths, ICT and RE are Edexcel.

Computing is OCR.
Reply 24
Wow your doing well. Well, mine's going well and same i do get distracted as well. For science, i would review the topic then attempt a past papers and looking at weaknesses . For English Literature, i've been reviewing my notes and learning some quotes as well as watching videos :smile: For Geography , again past papers and reviewing notes and weaknesses. French, i haven't revised much but i've re-written my C.A. For psychology there is a lot of memorising so i tend to do flashcards and repeating things over and over again. I just feel like past papers are what you have to be focusing on now rather writing notes so i tend to focus more on reviewing everything and attempting past papers and looking at my weaknesses. How much do you revise a day?

Depending on the day, at most I'm doing six hours per day with six one-hour slots, whereas on some days the least I do is three or four hours per day. For past papers I'm going to start doing them for all my subjects at the very least of two weeks before the exam and for other subjects earlier than that. My school had someone come in to talk to us and no later than two weeks before an exam should you start doing past papers. He also said that for lengthy essay type exams you should find someone who is doing well and look what they have done and compare it to yours - so you can improve on what you need to do to get the highest marks
Original post by MattB_
Depending on the day, at most I'm doing six hours per day with six one-hour slots, whereas on some days the least I do is three or four hours per day. For past papers I'm going to start doing them for all my subjects at the very least of two weeks before the exam and for other subjects earlier than that. My school had someone come in to talk to us and no later than two weeks before an exam should you start doing past papers. He also said that for lengthy essay type exams you should find someone who is doing well and look what they have done and compare it to yours - so you can improve on what you need to do to get the highest marks

Same i do 6-8 hours a day but sometimes 3-4 hours which is annoying cause i procrastinate :smile: Oh wow cool :smile: good luck
I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be :smile: but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am. :smile:

is it bad i just started revising and makin notes, well i was doing some before but now good notes
And how does one focus and revsie, i find it so hard, i predicted a* s but rn i really doubt i gonna get them, motivation anyone
Original post by kaam1234
And how does one focus and revsie, i find it so hard, i predicted a* s but rn i really doubt i gonna get them, motivation anyone

I'm in your boat!

Might sound far-fetched, but you could try revising with another person. Personally, I found that this works well, because I get distracted by my own thoughts when revising. If you can't concentrate if you revise alone, try that.

If it's a case of motivation, then uh...
Original post by Fractite
Might sound far-fetched, but you could try revising with another person. Personally, I found that this works well, because I get distracted by my own thoughts when revising. If you can't concentrate if you revise alone, try that.

If it's a case of motivation, then uh...

oh thanks dude, i ll try ps r u a gcse french wizard or know anyone that can check my Controlled Assesment???
Reply 31
Nope, definitely not for the sciences or history.
I am for drama (because it's hard not to be) and also am for Spanish (pretty much).
I just need to step up my revision game.
is it bad i just started revising and makin notes, well i was doing some before but now good notes

It's not bad :smile: As long as your refreshing your memory and review it as well as revising it at the same time then great don't worry :smile:
Not me, but I don't think I would ever feel ready for an exam no matter how much revision I have done! But to be honest I haven't really started much revision yet.
Original post by niv1234
Not me, but I don't think I would ever feel ready for an exam no matter how much revision I have done! But to be honest I haven't really started much revision yet.

Haha Same like i said at the start, when's your first exam?
this should make me want to revise but sadly it hasn't...:s-smilie:

not that much anyway
I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be :smile: but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am. :smile:

Not ready at all....
Learning the content now and writing notes now. But should be fine although imo additional science, maths and English will be the hardest
Haha Same like i said at the start, when's your first exam?

My first written exam is on the 17th May but I have speaking exams before that and I do two modern languages

Original post by futurematters
I'm in your boat!

Me too!! I really don't know what to do!
Original post by niv1234
My first written exam is on the 17th May but I have speaking exams before that and I do two modern languages

Oooh same I've got French Listening and Speaking also Biology unit 1

Quick Reply

Latest