The Student Room Group

Muslim doctor calls killing homosexuals "compassionate"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsiaM
Theres no place in the quran where it says homosexuality is punished by killing.

But Mohammed prescribed it as a punishment, didn't he? You know, the bloke who is sent as a model of behaviour for all people in all times.

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
Original post by ellie0497
So for businesses to deny service to gay people is not discriminating?

Allowing businesses to refuse service to people based on their sexual orientation perpetuates intolerance.

As has been stated this is not the intention of the law and if it is used this way then it will be challenged

But yes any Law that discriminates is bad but is it really worse that a law that kills people for being gay?
Reply 322
Original post by Good bloke
But Mohammed prescribed it as a punishment, didn't he? You know, the bloke who is sent as a model of behaviour for all people in all times.

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Thanks for the reply

This hadith is emphasising how bad the action is in islam. The quran is the law and it is not mentioned in there.

Also note 4 witnesses have to testify for any trial like this. What would be the chances? This hadith is displaying the severity of this crime
Original post by BaconandSauce

But yes any Law that discriminates is bad but is it really worse that a law that kills people for being gay?

Obviously not, but any law that allows people to take actions that affect other for reasons of superstitious belief is a bad one.
Original post by AsiaM
Thanks for the reply

This hadith is emphasising how bad the action is in islam. The quran is the law and it is not mentioned in there.

Also note 4 witnesses have to testify for any trial like this. What would be the chances? This hadith is displaying the severity of this crime

The hadith certainly does what you say, but it goes much further in establishing that Mohammed set a precedent (and he is a role model, remember) for Moslems to follow.

Four witnesses are only needed if there is no confession. Are you aware how easy and common it is, even in these enlightened times, to extract a confession, even a false one?
Reply 325
The hadith certainly does what you say, but it goes much further in establishing that Mohammed set a precedent (and he is a role model, remember) for Moslems to follow.

Four witnesses are only needed if there is no confession. Are you aware how easy and common it is, even in these enlightened times, to extract a confession, even a false one?

Well seems as youve convinced yourself tht muslims will follow the above hadith they will also follow the rest i.e. not lie or cheat.
Original post by AsiaM
Well seems as youve convinced yourself tht muslims will follow the above hadith they will also follow the rest i.e. not lie or cheat.

We already know they do lie and cheat; you only need to read the newspapers and court reports to see that.

Are you seriously arguing that no Moslem would ever attempt to use force or cohersion to extract a confession from a supposed homosexual?
Original post by AsiaM
Thanks for the reply

You're saying hadith is not used when establishing "laws"?

Get outta here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
We already know they do lie and cheat; you only need to read the newspapers and court reports to see that.

Are you seriously arguing that no Moslem would ever attempt to use force or cohersion to extract a confession from a supposed homosexual?

A true muslim never would. A bad human might yes. Wht your implying is tht all mslims are evilhuman beings. So id rather not convrse with a bigot
Original post by BaconandSauce
As has been stated this is not the intention of the law and if it is used this way then it will be challenged

I don't think anyone can use the intention argument to apologise for this law.

If that were the case, the doctor would be excused due to his "intentions".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsiaM
A true muslim never would. A bad human might yes. Wht your implying is tht all mslims are evilhuman beings. So id rather not convrse with a bigot

No true Scotsman fallacy
Original post by AsiaM

Don't use the No True Scotsman fallacy. Moslems can't agree among themselves what a true Moslem is.

No. I'm saying that Mohammed (you do agree that Moslems believe him to be perfect and the role model to follow, don't you?) told Moslems what to do with homosexuals.

You accuse IS of having no Islamic justification for their depravities. Yet here it is in black and white, from the lips of Mohammed himself. You cannot deny that IS has Islamic justification, from the highest level, for killing homosexuals.

I don't accuse all Moslems of anything (apart from having outdated superstitious beliefs, obviously). I am thankful that large numbers of them are reasonable and sensible in most aspects of their lives.

However, I do believe that Islam is a hateful and aggressive ideology, formulated in mediaeval times by a desert warlord to control and influence his superstitious followers, which should not be followed by educated human beings in the twenty-first century.
Original post by Foo.mp3
"Out of compassion, let’s get rid of them now" = (religiously motivated) incitement of violence. He should be in jail

You know enough to know that it's a divisive, oppressive, and violent retrograde ideology that has no place in enlightened society

We stopped executing homosexuals pre-Victorian era :yy:

So why do people choose to follow it?
Original post by queen-bee
So why do people choose to follow it?

You know the answer: a combination of poor education and merciless indoctrination from an early age.

If you indoctrinate as religious parents do, you will succeed, ninety-nine times out of a hundred, in producing someone who has the same superstitious beliefs you do, as the Jesuits have always known.
You know the answer: a combination of poor education and merciless indoctrination from an early age.

If you indoctrinate as religious parents do, you will succeed, ninety-nine times out of a hundred, in producing someone who has the same superstitious beliefs you do, as the Jesuits have always known.

Hmmmm my parents weren't even believers of Christ and I was raised in a Christian household with Christian values :dontknow:
Original post by queen-bee
Hmmmm my parents weren't even believers of Christ and I was raised in a Christian household with Christian values :dontknow:

It's no coincidence that you're a Christian while having been raised in a Christian household with Christian values. Had you been raised in a Hindu household with Hindu values, you'd be just as sure of Hinduism's truth as you are of Christianity's even though they are completely different worldviews.

This is indoctrination.
Reply 337
Original post by sfaraj
depends on the scholar, i follow sistani so any others would have to be taken into considertion

I notice that you didn't answer my question of whether you think the execution of homosexuals (under Islamic conditions) is right or wrong.

Shall we assume that your reluctance to answer means that you think that it is right?

you know our continuous bickering is getting tedious....
I'm not finding it tedious.... more, enlightening.
Original post by QE2
I notice that you didn't answer my question of whether you think the execution of homosexuals (under Islamic conditions) is right or wrong.

Shall we assume that your reluctance to answer means that you think that it is right?

What I found interesting was that he said he agrees Islam prohibits homosexuality and that under an Islamic government there would be punishments, however he is not homosexual and is thus "neutral" on the matter.

I tried to probe it a bit, pointing out that if he's "neutral" on the matter he must realise the Islamic position is unduly harsh, but I don't think he wants to criticise his own religion or follow his position to its logical conclusion (in either direction)
Reply 339
Original post by muslimstanisyed
i dont support homosexuality in any wayshape or form
You don't have to "support" it. Just accept it as a natural part of human behaviour.

Saying they should be put to death is a bit too far imo.
So you think that Muhammad (and by extension, Allah) went a bit too far in ordering them to be put to death?

They should be educated and be given the harsh truth though.
"Educated" how? About what?
What is the "harsh truth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending