The Student Room Group

First (blind) Date

Two of my friends from work are dating, and the girl invited me to go play putt-putt with them and her boyfriends cousin as a "blind date". I agreed, not really as a date, but as an opportunity to hang out with my friends. When we got there, it was kinda awkward and we really didn't talk much, but he paid for my ticket. So by the end of the night we had not really talked much. (It was his first date as well). As we went to leave, we said "Nice to meet you". Then he made it weird by going in to shake hands. I thought it went okay, and that he may wanna do something else, but he did not get my number from me, and he apparently hasn't gotten it from my friends. So I don't really know what to think.
Original post by keymaster98
Two of my friends from work are dating, and the girl invited me to go play putt-putt with them and her boyfriends cousin as a "blind date". I agreed, not really as a date, but as an opportunity to hang out with my friends. When we got there, it was kinda awkward and we really didn't talk much, but he paid for my ticket. So by the end of the night we had not really talked much. (It was his first date as well). As we went to leave, we said "Nice to meet you". Then he made it weird by going in to shake hands. I thought it went okay, and that he may wanna do something else, but he did not get my number from me, and he apparently hasn't gotten it from my friends. So I don't really know what to think.

I would assume that he didnt want to have another date at the moment, sorry :frown:
Reply 2
If he hasn't contacted you till now and it's been more than a week, he probably isn't interested in further dates. But if you think you really like him and that you were holding yourself back from being "who you really are" on your blind date, maybe try and get his number and be straightforward about going on a second date - mention to him that you weren't feeling yourself on your first date and that you found it a bit awkward, but that you really like him.

Quick Reply

Latest