The Student Room Group

Whose ready for gcse ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Oooh same I've got French Listening and Speaking also Biology unit 1

I don't know what you mean by biology unit 1 and same I have my French speaking exam at the end of this month and I am so dead.
Original post by niv1234
I don't know what you mean by biology unit 1 and same I have my French speaking exam at the end of this month and I am so dead.

My board for science is AQA and that's what one of the exams called. Don't you have Controlled assessments?
My board for science is AQA and that's what one of the exams called. Don't you have Controlled assessments?

I have controlled assessments for English and History but I do the IGCSE for most of my subjects so they are just exam based.
Reply 43
It's GCSE.

If you put in enough hard work, then you'll come out with enough A's to fill the Oxford dictionary.
I think I'm ready, kind of worried for further maths just because I haven't prepared too much for that (I keep getting distractd with the other subjects)
Original post by niv1234
I have controlled assessments for English and History but I do the IGCSE for most of my subjects so they are just exam based.

same with the french, how are you preparing for the french speaking? And what board are you on for iGCSE French?
I'm really worried about getting papers where I have no idea what to do (I'm revising a lot by the way). Good luck!
Original post by surina16
same with the french, how are you preparing for the french speaking? And what board are you on for iGCSE French?

I am doing AQA iGCSE. We got some questions for each topic from our school that could come up so most people in my school just write out their answers and memorise them. I prefer to learn the whole topic with those questions in front of me so I can think of what I could possibly say but without memorising a paragraph word for word.
Mon école est la seule école privée dans le compté de Somerset avant il y avait une autre école cependant en raison de motifs finical, il a fermé. Puisque bon nombre de leurs élèves ont rejoint notre école. Alors maintentant , mon école est un éstablissement modern avec cent garçons et deux cents filles de cing à dix-huit ans auusi nous avons trente professeurs. J'ai presque oublie de mentionner qu'il est situé au centre-ville. Il y a cinquante salles de classe dont douze équipées d'un tableau blanc.L'école possède aussi une bibliothèque et beaucoup de laboratoires ainsi que une grande cantaine avec Une large gamme de repas et deux courts de netball et de basket-ball. Il n'y a jamais beacoup de clubs dans mon école juste le hockey, le football et le club de maths ! Je souhaite qu'un jour il y aura plus.

can anyone plz check the french in it is it bad good juicy for CA as opening para plz plz
I don't know about you guys but i feel like even though i work really hard and even if i've done everything, i would still need to do more. This is purely because i don't know how easy or hard the exam is going to be :smile: but i feel like it's going to be easy for some subjects. What do you guys reckon? Are you guys ready? I've also spoken to some of my friends and their saying the exact same thing as i am. :smile:

I agree completely! I never know when to stop revising. I'm definitely not ready and I'm pretty sure my teachers aren't either because I haven't finished all the courses.

Anyone out there pray for me. Let me get 10 A*s and an A
no where near ready. only started revsing a few days ago. any tips im soo anxious for these exams.
i have 19 exams btw.
Original post by niv1234
Me too!! I really don't know what to do!

I'm thinking last minute cramming? And a lot of praying! Haha
Original post by kaam1234
Mon école est la seule école privée dans le compté de Somerset avant il y avait une autre école cependant en raison de motifs finical, il a fermé. Puisque bon nombre de leurs élèves ont rejoint notre école. Alors maintentant , mon école est un éstablissement modern avec cent garçons et deux cents filles de cing à dix-huit ans auusi nous avons trente professeurs. J'ai presque oublie de mentionner qu'il est situé au centre-ville. Il y a cinquante salles de classe dont douze équipées d'un tableau blanc.L'école possède aussi une bibliothèque et beaucoup de laboratoires ainsi que une grande cantaine avec Une large gamme de repas et deux courts de netball et de basket-ball. Il n'y a jamais beacoup de clubs dans mon école juste le hockey, le football et le club de maths ! Je souhaite qu'un jour il y aura plus.

can anyone plz check the french in it is it bad good juicy for CA as opening para plz plz

I don't know what any of it means and I got an A* in mine so you'll be fine!
Original post by niv1234
I am doing AQA iGCSE. We got some questions for each topic from our school that could come up so most people in my school just write out their answers and memorise them. I prefer to learn the whole topic with those questions in front of me so I can think of what I could possibly say but without memorising a paragraph word for word.

Oh same! (finally found someone on here who's doing it :biggrin:) Yeah I don't want to go in there thinking I have to have all these paragraphs memorised because I'll probably get really stressed out and not be able to answer the questions :colondollar:
I still fear the photo card though, some of the past ones have been horrible :redface:
Original post by girlintochemstry
i agree completely! I never know when to stop revising. I'm definitely not ready and i'm pretty sure my teachers aren't either because i haven't finished all the courses.

Anyone out there pray for me. Let me get 10 a*s and an a

i pray for u plz pray for me tooo, that a in french and rest a*s lets do it
Original post by girlintochemstry
I agree completely! I never know when to stop revising. I'm definitely not ready and I'm pretty sure my teachers aren't either because I haven't finished all the courses.

Anyone out there pray for me. Let me get 10 A*s and an A

Omg that's literally what i want to achieve 10 A* and A :smile: We shall pray for you :biggrin:
Original post by chrlhyms
its a month before exams so people should really just be doing past papers at this point and finished learning all the content

Tbh you could still start content now. It would probably take 3 weeks to do all the past papers and PLUS there is a half term. You're saying people should have finished learning all the content, but what if they haven't? I've heard plenty who revise in 3 weeks, two weeks or a week before exams and still come out with A*s.
Original post by Username3097486
Tbh you could still start content now. It would probably take 3 weeks to do all the past papers and PLUS there is a half term. You're saying people should have finished learning all the content, but what if they haven't? I've heard plenty who revise in 3 weeks, two weeks or a week before exams and still come out with A*s.

chill
Original post by chrlhyms
chill

K.
Original post by kaam1234
oh thanks dude, i ll try ps r u a gcse french wizard or know anyone that can check my Controlled Assesment???

I didn't take French :frown:
So no. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest