The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni accommodation

From experience or preferences what would you say is the best all round accommodation to go for? Eg good on price/not too expensive but nightlife not compromised. Plus Comfortability

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinytash
From experience or preferences what would you say is the best all round accommodation to go for? Eg good on price/not too expensive but nightlife not compromised. Plus Comfortability

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've moved this to the Bournemouth University forum. If noone answers have a look around the forum - questions about accommodation are usually covered in a number of threads this time of year.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Tinytash,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student at BU studying Business Studies. I'm also a Student Ambassador here on The Student Room.

The accomodation in general is well rounded, which I think means that you need to apply your own individual needs to what is on offer. There are some good breakdowns of each of accomodation here. With that being said, there are a few caveats for some of the benefits that you get (for instance good price in the Student Village but some may find that it is isolated from town).

From my experience of visiting friends in halls, I'd say either Cranbourne House or Chesil House are best for the things that you have described. They're both well placed for nightlife, not the most expensive but also not the cheapest.

I hope that's helpful!

Steve Moss

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Tinytash,

In my first year at Bournemouth I stayed in Dorchester, which is really lovely however the most expensive.

If you're looking for something slightly cheaper but with good nightlife, I'd recommend either Cranbourne, Purbeck or Lyme Regis.

They are all the accommodations closest to town and have similar prices (Around £125-126 per week for a standard ensuite). I visited them all last year and they are perfectly fine. Also Purbeck are having renovations over the summer so will have new carpets and furniture... something to consider!

If you have any questions about Bournemouth feel free to ask :smile:
Gemma :biggrin: (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending