The Student Room Group

Chemistry GCSE hell.

I need help with questions 5 ii and 5iii and question 6a which can be found in the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/244362-question-paper-unit-b742-02-modules-c4-c5-c6-higher-tier.pdf
Thank you very much! I have had a look at the mark scheme but they do not explain clearly how the correct answer was obtained.
Which part are you unsure about?

12970705_582122355288025_1320970476_o.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I need help with questions 5 ii and 5iii and question 6a which can be found in the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/244362-question-paper-unit-b742-02-modules-c4-c5-c6-higher-tier.pdf
Thank you very much! I have had a look at the mark scheme but they do not explain clearly how the correct answer was obtained.

moles = concentration x volume

Make sure the volume is in dm3 so if its in cm3 divide by 1000.

so 10/1000 * 0.150 = 1.5x10^-3 moles
Reply 3
Original post by SuchBants

Don't give full solutions.
Do you mean "doesn't" ?

And I dispute that. Unless there is an error. It shows the solutions as you'd expect to see in the exam. Which is why I followed with a question as to which particular part is the issue.
Reply 5
Do you mean "doesn't" ?

And I dispute that. Unless there is an error. It shows the solutions as you'd expect to see in the exam. Which is why I followed with a question as to which particular part is the issue.

No... I mean "don't". It's a contraction of "do not".

There's no point in giving someone a full answer because then they don't have to think about the problem themself.
Original post by alow
No... I mean "don't". It's a contraction of "do not".

There's no point in giving someone a full answer because then they don't have to think about the problem themself.

It's a strange instruction to give. I understand your point and agree to an extent. But your point is irrelevant in context of a forum for solutions. In the classroom I'd hope the questioner isn't being fed answers.
Reply 7
It's a strange instruction to give. I understand your point and agree to an extent. But your point is irrelevant in context of a forum for solutions. In the classroom I'd hope the questioner isn't being fed answers.

The forum is called "Maths, science and technology academic help", not "Maths, science and technology will do your work for you".

I understand you clearly haven't got much experience giving academic help, but there's no way you can think doing someone's work for them is helpful?

Thank you for your help. I was confused about all of it but now I can see where I went wrong. Thanks again mate.
Original post by derpz
moles = concentration x volume

Make sure the volume is in dm3 so if its in cm3 divide by 1000.

so 10/1000 * 0.150 = 1.5x10^-3 moles

Thanks buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest