The Student Room Group

how did you meet your best friend?

Scroll to see replies

I don't have a bestfriend, only close friends and theya re my childhood buddies.
I haven't really got a lifelong best friend like some people, I've had good friends but because we've moved around so much living busy lives we don't really see each other any more. Too much distance and clashing schedules.

The person I'm closest to now in terms of a mate that I can really confide in and have a laugh with is probably my boss, weirdly. We're very similar in a lot of ways and just clicked from the first day I started. :-/
I met my previous best friend in primary school.
We don't see each other now unfortunately.
I met my best friend first year of high school, aged 12. Been friends 18 years now :smile:
Reply 84
When we were 12 we sat next to each other in Humanities (well for a seating plan anyway). We had the same pencil case so we just started talking anyway and also I'm super competitive so whenever we had class competitions in pairs (which was frequently), I used to really make her competitive and we'd win all of them haha. We're still best friends now (4 years later)
Original post by tamanna___
how did you meet your best friend ?????????

first day of school she told me she had a ear infection i said cool , i was new and dint know all the school went swimming we fought loads and soon ended up being partners in crime and kicking ass- aka we r actually very good decent people not criminals but u get me
She moved into my student house and within a month of meeting my mum died. She was a fantastic support despite having just met. She was my bridesmaid and I was hers. She is a truly wonderful person and I feel very lucky to have her in my life.
Original post by mk_cbc
please tell me your lovely stories im bored and in need for some happy stuff lmao.

She gave birth to me
I met them some point last year when I was struggling at home. They are the bestest of friends that they don't argue and are always there for you, no matter what.

Spoiler

Original post by kaam1234
first day of school she told me she had a ear infection i said cool , i was new and dint know all the school went swimming we fought loads and soon ended up being partners in crime and kicking ass- aka we r actually very good decent people not criminals but u get me

Ah cool storyyyy
Partners in crime are the best best friends heh☺️
I met my best friend whilst she was stumbling out of a club, absolutely drunk off her head and screaming. She then proceeded to sit in the middle of the road and cry. I palmed her off onto some boy I knew and he looked after her.
They're now dating, and she is now my best friend. Funny how the world works.
I have a few. One I met on here, one at school, one on another website.
Haha, well one of them i talked about an anime and we just became bffs for life. And another we met at an ice breaker, we wrote what we liked on post it notes and i pointed at her knowing she was a kpop fan xD
School.
In the same friendship group but different forms for about 2 years, but didn't really know each other. Only mutual through other people in the group.

After that, spent a whole year together and now one of my, if not closest friends (I never use "best" for anyone). Spent almost a year apart (this year) and we're still tight af. I miss her company a lot but we snap almost everyday. :frown:

It's a beautiful friendship, all banter and no weird soppy emotional **** like ever or fake gassing each other up, yet so fulfilling to my neediness, and we understand each other, and are fiercely loyal too.
Met him in year 9 through a mutual friend. Everybody thought he was that one weird kid, but I listened to him and looked after him.

I realised everybody had misjudged him and got him involved with my friends. Now a lot less people think he is weird. He is the most emotionally strong guy I have ever met in spite of being physically weak and socially awkward, and always gives us something to laugh about.
In year 1, I actually remember this very well but I don't think she does. We were in different reception classes but both classes merged together in year 1 and I remember in our introductory lesson we were sat next to each other on the floor mat, that is when we properly met. Later her mum invited me over to play at her house, I used to always call their house phone and on her 8th birthday we went to the beach and played with matching dolls :h: We've been friend since...
our siblings were friends already (her elder bro and mine, her elder sis and mine and her younger bro and mine lol) as well as our parents aaaand we lived in the same area, so i met her when we were practically babies, ever since then we've been friends :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending