The Student Room Group

The "kind, caring" Corbyn strikes again with his kindness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
What I find ironic about that is that it's precisely the tone I've encountered from people who actually have slightly-below-average intelligence and thus have difficulty articulating their ideas.

Hasn't your frustration led you into getting yourself banned from this site on numerous occasions?
Original post by cosmicstarbeast
CCCCCCCCCCC........Combo breaker! Now the triggering will have to start again.

you have triggered me with your mockery :mad:

Original post by TSRUsername99
Hasn't your frustration led you into getting yourself banned from this site on numerous occasions?

Must have really upset you? Sorry, I have no idea who you are. Remind me?
Must have really upset you? Sorry, I have no idea who you are. Remind me?

There you go, let it all out, theres a good chap.
Original post by TSRUsername99
There you go, let it all out, theres a good chap.

Haha I genuinely have no idea who you are, but I can see I must have hurt you if you're so upset about it.
Original post by the bear
you have triggered me with your mockery :mad:

That face triggered me, use the better one :angry:

He's done it again.

https://twitter.com/LBC_Charlotte/status/718381074359984128

Nobody else in parliament acts like this. Why does Corbyn find it so difficult to deal with frustration? There was the time he started shouting at Krishnen Guru-Murthy when he was being asked about his links to Hamas, there was the time he was interviewed by Cathy Newman who asked him about his links to Holocaust deniers and once the cameras stopped rolling he pulled her aside and ranted at her she says he was "shaking with rage", and there was the time he stomped in an innocent woman's direction almost knocking her over because he was irritated by someone asking him questions and the time he tried to get police to deal with journalists asking him questions.

Whenever there's something going on he doesn't like, he gets this pissy look on his face and starts acting out his grumpiness. He reminds me of my 14 year old half-brother. He's obviously nothing like the Buddha-esque, kindly, caring, sainted man who is too good for this world that his supporters constantly make him out to be. One gets the impression that he finds actually being questioned a shock to the system, after spending the last 30 years in a tiny hard left bubble where he would never be questioned and he could act out his fantasies of being an important revolutionary figure

You mean, journalists trying to ask him questions? That's not unreasonable given how rarely he grants interviews, he seems to think himself above answering questions and being available to discuss his policies.

I mean, what did he think it was going to be like as Opposition Leader?

OH MY GOD CORBYN ACTS LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!! THIS IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!!

That's exactly what should happen when you stick a phone in someone's face, and most other people would do it to to this 'reporter'.

The clip shows Corbyn emerging from his Islington home with his bicycle and telling waiting reporters: “Good morning everybody. Thank you for coming here. I don’t do interviews of [sic] any circumstances."

As Wright shoves her dictaphone up to Corbyn's face he pushes it away, saying quietly: "Put it away please."

Of course that wouldn't happen with Cameron because he's got plenty of bodyguards to shove them out of the way.
They were standing in front of his house wtf i'd would have knocked that bitch's teeth in if she did that to me
Original post by DMcGovern
OH MY GOD CORBYN ACTS LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!! THIS IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm not sure that it is normal, though. See Corbyn would be aware that journalists who use iPhone as a recording device have to hold it close to get audio that's good enough for broadcast. He stepped away from the gate, and Charlotte Wright was holding it up. He actually stepped back closer to her iPhone and she probably thought he was about to give a statement, not stepping back to close his gate.

He then scrunches up his face and puts on the same pissy attitude we've seen before. Is the way he behaved like a normal person? In that situation I'd probably say, "Oops! Sorry" because that's what people do in this country. If it was just this by itself I'd probably not think it a big deal, but I think it is relevant for two reasons.

First, Corbyn has form for being aggressive or patronising to journalists, particularly woman journalists. When Cathy Newman asked him about his links to Holocaust deniers, once the cameras stopped rolling he pulled her aside and started lecturing her, and he was "shaking with rage". He had the same look of barely-controlled anger when Laura Kuenssberg asked him about bowing to the Queen. Last week when he was out campaigning, someone was asking him questions he didn't like; he didn't know where the voice was coming from and he almost stomped this innocent black lady trying to find it. And there was the time he started shouting at Krishnan Guru-Murthy during an interview. What is clear is that his ability to deal with frustration is certainly less than other politicians

Second, he makes it more likely that journalists will doorstep him because he so rarely deigns to give interviews. Alastair Campbell knew you could use the media for Labour's benefit, to get the party elected and keep it in power. By contrast, Corbyn and Milne have a very adversarial relationship with the media, even papers which could do them a good turn like the Guardian are kept at arm's length. Corbyn's bunker mentality means that his doorstep is often the only opportunity journalists have to ask him questions, and given parliament is in recess at the moment and the Tories are in disarray, he really should be giving interviews left, right and centre. His issues with media management are damaging the party
Original post by Youngmetro
They were standing in front of his house wtf i'd would have knocked that bitch's teeth in if she did that to me

Wow. You would have "knocked that bitch's teeth in", would you?

I suppose this is the face of Corbyn's "new, kinder politics"
Wow. You would have "knocked that bitch's teeth in", would you?

I suppose this is the face of Corbyn's "new, kinder politics"

Not a Corbyn supporter.
I'm not sure that it is normal, though. See Corbyn would be aware that journalists who use iPhone as a recording device have to hold it close to get audio that's good enough for broadcast. He stepped away from the gate, and Charlotte Wright was holding it up. He actually stepped back closer to her iPhone and she probably thought he was about to give a statement, not stepping back to close his gate.

He then scrunches up his face and puts on the same pissy attitude we've seen before. Is the way he behaved like a normal person? In that situation I'd probably say, "Oops! Sorry" because that's what people do in this country. If it was just this by itself I'd probably not think it a big deal, but I think it is relevant for two reasons.

First, Corbyn has form for being aggressive or patronising to journalists, particularly woman journalists. When Cathy Newman asked him about his links to Holocaust deniers, once the cameras stopped rolling he pulled her aside and started lecturing her, and he was "shaking with rage". He had the same look of barely-controlled anger when Laura Kuenssberg asked him about bowing to the Queen. Last week when he was out campaigning, someone was asking him questions he didn't like; he didn't know where the voice was coming from and he almost stomped this innocent black lady trying to find it. And there was the time he started shouting at Krishnan Guru-Murthy during an interview. What is clear is that his ability to deal with frustration is certainly less than other politicians

Second, he makes it more likely that journalists will doorstep him because he so rarely deigns to give interviews. Alastair Campbell knew you could use the media for Labour's benefit, to get the party elected and keep it in power. By contrast, Corbyn and Milne have a very adversarial relationship with the media, even papers which could do them a good turn like the Guardian are kept at arm's length. Corbyn's bunker mentality means that his doorstep is often the only opportunity journalists have to ask him questions, and given parliament is in recess at the moment and the Tories are in disarray, he really should be giving interviews left, right and centre. His issues with media management are damaging the party

Stop writing essays to defend journalists.
Not a Corbyn supporter.

Leave out my swipe at Corbyn then; it's pretty horrible thing to say about her, she's just doing her job. Imagine if she was your sister and someone said they would knock her teeth in.

Stop writing essays to defend journalists.

I'm a wordy kind-of guy. Why shouldn't journalists be defended? The fourth estate carries out a vital role.

Anyway, we can just agree to disagree
Leave out my swipe at Corbyn then; it's pretty horrible thing to say about her, she's just doing her job. Imagine if she was your sister and someone said they would knock her teeth in.

I'm a wordy kind-of guy. Why shouldn't journalists be defended? The fourth estate carries out a vital role.

Anyway, we can just agree to disagree

Agreed, the only part i didnt like about this thread is that you're using the fact that he pushed a camera in order to undermine him. That isn't a valid argument, maybe be look at some of his policies or something
Reply 54
Do not like Corbyn at all but he's done nothing wrong here. Wonder if OP would like to be ambushed outside of their house by complete strangers, on what I can only assume is on a regular basis?

The clip shows Corbyn emerging from his Islington home with his bicycle and telling waiting reporters: “Good morning everybody. Thank you for coming here. I don’t do interviews of [sic] any circumstances."

As Wright shoves her dictaphone up to Corbyn's face he pushes it away, saying quietly: "Put it away please."

He then scrunches up his face and puts on the same pissy attitude we've seen before. Is the way he behaved like a normal person? In that situation I'd probably say, "Oops! Sorry" because that's what people do in this country.

LIIIIIIIEEEEEESS

hardly anyone does that in England, especially not in London.

Okay, there's over-exaggerating things and then there's what you're doing.

You clearly have nothing better to do than obsess over Corbyn and why you hate him.
Get a hobby.
I can see I must have hurt you if you're so upset about it.

No, don't fret.:wink:
John Prescott was very much like that.

Funnily enough I was at a conference yesterday where the key note speaker was a political editor for a well-known news paper. She said that she once asked John for an interview, to which he replied "**** off".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed, the only part i didnt like about this thread is that you're using the fact that he pushed a camera in order to undermine him. That isn't a valid argument, maybe be look at some of his policies or something

I do often argue against the few policies he has on here. Part of the issue is that actually I find myself in agreement with many of his economic policies (such as they are; in reality he doesn't really have much of an economic policy that is any different from what was developed by Miliband and Ed Balls, and which I agree with).

My opposition to him is based mainly around three areas;

(1) He is weak on defence. He proposes to get rid of our nuclear deterrent, which I feel is a vital component of our national security. He is, at best, iffy about our membership of NATO and our alliance with the United States. I also think he would be unlikely to order British troops to fight even in necessary conflicts like the one against ISIS

(2) He has tonnes of baggage that will be an insurmountable problem for Labour if he is the party's leader going into the next election. His praise for Hamas as "dedicated to peace and social justice", his links to the IRA, his friendships with assorted anti-semites and fascist crackpots. The stuff that has been brought up thus far is as nothing to the tsunami of his past baggage that will be thrown at him during an election campaign, and he simply does not have good answers to those questions

(3) He is temperamentally unsuited to the position of Prime Minister. He is much happier in his allotment than in the office, and he turns off his phone to force his staff to deal with issues that come up so he doesn't have to. That's no attitude to have when you're the boss and you're asking the British people to trust that you will be there to take the tough decisions. He snaps at reporters. He doesn't like being questioned. I simply don't think he would hold up under the withering barrage of questions and criticisms every PM faces.
Original post by Zargabaath
LMAO you made a thread about that? Like is this satire taking the piss out of actual Corbyn critics?
He moved her arm away from his face? That's what you're getting triggered over? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

although you did just make a thread about how You Me At Six sucks....

Quick Reply

Latest