The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure if these are the last exams under the spec, but I know some AQA GCSE exams are changing (like English Lang + Lit, feel so sorry for anyone doing that next year.)

But that's beside the point.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Predictions no...
Really what I'm worried is the examiners might have made these exams harder especially because it's the last set of exams under this spec (I think)

Biology is easy to get your head around, if you know the steps that the mark scheme goes by

That is true :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
That is true :smile:

Well good luck...I really should get on with this history I have been postponing :innocent:
Well good luck...I really should get on with this history I have been postponing :innocent:

You too and me too i have to get on with Geography haha :smile:
Are you guys doimg all theee units this year? Thats harsh we did Biology last year.. We've havnt even finished physics content though, imagine we were doing biology this year too omg
Original post by tamanna___
Are you guys doimg all theee units this year? Thats harsh we did Biology last year.. We've havnt even finished physics content though, imagine we were doing biology this year too omg

Yeah...
I have all exams this year, luckily we finished the content for all the sciences a few weeks ago.
Someone please help me and give me a detailed response on how pressure and temperature affect equilibrium?
Yeah...
I have all exams this year, luckily we finished the content for all the sciences a few weeks ago.

Lucky!! You must have great teachers, your off to a good start! Last year when we did just biology, we started B1 in like april or something. Our teacher said you dont need to really learn b1 we will just do simple recap
Original post by Dizgurl
How much revision has everyone been doing over the holidays? Tired of doing past papers lol....

Haven't even done any past papers yet 😰😰😰
Original post by tamanna___
Lucky!! You must have great teachers, your off to a good start! Last year when we did just biology, we started B1 in like april or something. Our teacher said you dont need to really learn b1 we will just do simple recap

WTF????
yeah, I go to a fairly good school. (not private) but it's good, we have revision sessions now i think
Original post by ScienceFantatic

I did them all last summer...
But tbh I haven't done that much revision and I am stressing out now....
I did them all last summer...
But tbh I haven't done that much revision and I am stressing out now....

How did you manage to do them all last summer btw? When did you finish the course?

I wanted to get loads done today because I'm quite behind, I'm really stressing over English Literature( OFMAM) because I'm so awful at it. I'm not that worried about science if I'm honest, as i did decent in my mocks for it without much revision. I'm gonna do like all past papers a few days before, cuz I can't do them if I don't know the content 😅.

When's your first exam?
Haven't even finished covering the content for unit 3 in school, been having to self teach this holiday:redface: - my school is so unorganized it gets on my nerves so much
How did you manage to do them all last summer btw? When did you finish the course?

I wanted to get loads done today because I'm quite behind, I'm really stressing over English Literature( OFMAM) because I'm so awful at it. I'm not that worried about science if I'm honest, as i did decent in my mocks for it without much revision. I'm gonna do like all past papers a few days before, cuz I can't do them if I don't know the content 😅.

When's your first exam?

My first exam is french listening and reading...easy for me...I can sleep in the exam lol
Then on the same day is B1 :eek:
I did all the b1, b2, c2, c1 and p1, and p3 during the summer.
The rest I did over the past few months.
Predictions no...
Really what I'm worried is the examiners might have made these exams harder especially because it's the last set of exams under this spec (I think)

I'm pretty sure it isn't - my sister's in the year below me, and her year is still doing the normal AQA triple science (as far as I know). But who knows... they might make it hard because it's the penultimate year? :dontknow:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Haven't even finished covering the content for unit 3 in school, been having to self teach this holiday:redface: - my school is so unorganized it gets on my nerves so much

Same here :afraid:

Spoiler

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Same here :afraid:

Spoiler

Oh no, I was so reluctant to do it and thought I should wait till I go back to school but last minute revision doesn't work for me:frown:
You should start looking at them now just so you're familiar with the topics

Spoiler

Reply 37

When's your first exam?

I have not done any past papers as well. There is quite a bit to get through though so i may start soon.
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Oh no, I was so reluctant to do it and thought I should wait till I go back to school but last minute revision doesn't work for me:frown:
You should start looking at them now just so you're familiar with the topics

Spoiler

Our school's finished B3, at least, so yeah, maybe I'll look at the rest of C3 and P3.

Spoiler

Really? Not one? When are you planning to start?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending