The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Atheist, or some Christian lol.

oooo
Original post by champ_mc99
I doubt they proclaim to be scholars. :biggrin:
But to answer your question, you consider to be a (late? ) ex-Muslim?

Well, "scholars" isn't a right word - as I'm yet to find a suitable definition for it.
Maybe "experts" then :wink:

What one considers is a bit different to what one is, wouldn't you say? Ahmadis considers themselves to Muslims :beard:
Original post by Alexion
Any religious atheists out there?

What do you mean by this? :s-smilie:
Reply 163
I don't pray, and I recently stopped keeping halal, though I don't eat pork. I wouldn't say I've left anything, it's just my faith has just slowly, and I guess naturally, eroded away. I am probably going to fast during Ramadan, I always do.

I have been curious about Sufi Islam. Does anyone know much about it? It seems quite zen.
Original post by Hydeman

It's the same contradiction as the thread title, just reversed...
Original post by Alexion
It's the same contradiction as the thread title, just reversed...

Hmm, not sure I agree. There are degrees of religiosity (since it's not a simple believe/don't believe binary and has all sorts of rules and rituals), but there aren't degrees of atheism in the contradictory way that you framed it, I don't think.

(This is not to say that I don't recognise the strong/weak atheism distinction. :tongue:)
Original post by Hydeman
Hmm, not sure I agree. There are degrees of religiosity (since it's not a simple believe/don't believe binary and has all sorts of rules and rituals), but there aren't degrees of atheism in the contradictory way that you framed it, I don't think.

(This is not to say that I don't recognise the strong/weak atheism distinction. :tongue:)

I just don't think that it makes sense having a non-religious follower of a religion.

Like it doesn't make sense having a religious atheist.

Wouldn't 'non-religious' only really apply to atheists and agnostics? :dontknow:
Original post by Alexion
I just don't think that it makes sense having a non-religious follower of a religion.

Like it doesn't make sense having a religious atheist.

Ah, yes. You're right. It's a semantical difference, but I see where you're coming from. 'Non-practising' would probably have been a better way of putting it.

Wouldn't 'non-religious' only really apply to atheists and agnostics? :dontknow:

It would, yes. :colondollar:
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, yes. You're right. It's a semantical difference, but I see where you're coming from. 'Non-practising' would probably have been a better way of putting it.

It would, yes. :colondollar:

If I'm honest, I did have a read of the thread and knew what the OP meant anyway :colondollar:

Just felt like being difficult tbh :lol:
Original post by Hydeman

Bismil-Hitchens ar-rahmanir raheem.

Well brother, you need to proclaim the Shahadah and recite the Kalimas.

La illaha ill-Hitchens, Richard Dawkins Rasoolu-Hitchens

Ash hadu an la ilaaha ill-Hitchens. wah dahu la shareeka lahu wa ash hadu anna Dawkins ab duhu wa rasoluhu.

errr... that'll do.

Only then you can become a True Religious Atheist™

If there's ever a hell, I'm definitely going straight to the bottom of it...

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chemting
Bismil-Hitchens ar-rahmanir raheem.

Well brother, you need to proclaim the Shahadah and recite the Kalimas.

La illaha ill-Hitchens, Richard Dawkins Rasoolu-Hitchens

Ash hadu an la ilaaha ill-Hitchens. wah dahu la shareeka lahu wa ash hadu anna Dawkins ab duhu wa rasoluhu.

errr... that'll do.

Only then you can become a True Religious Atheist™

If there's ever a hell, I'm definitely going straight to the bottom of it...

Spoiler

This is :toofunny:. xD You certainly know a lot about Islam, if I do say so myself. :holmes: You even substituted 'Hitchens' for Allah in the correct places. :lol:

My only objection is: why apologise to those who take offence? It's their duty to grow thicker skins or look away, not yours to moderate your satire. :fuhrer:
Original post by Hydeman
This is :toofunny:. xD You certainly know a lot about Islam, if I do say so myself. :holmes: You even substituted 'Hitchens' for Allah in the correct places. :lol:

My only objection is: why apologise to those who take offence? It's their duty to grow thicker skins or look away, not yours to moderate your satire. :fuhrer:

Lol the thing is, the offence intensifies to a whole new level if one satirises quranic verses - just look at Salman Rushdie...

(and there are scholarly opinions and hadiths that suggests that I would be punishable by death for this. I hope he is as merciful as the 9 trillion times its been said in the quran)
Lol the thing is, the offence intensifies to a whole new level if one satirises quranic verses - just look at Salman Rushdie...

(and there are scholarly opinions and hadiths that suggests that I would be punishable by death for this. I hope he is as merciful as the 9 trillion times its been said in the quran)

One hopes. :innocent: In any case, Rushdie was publishing under his own name; I doubt you're called chemting (though if you are, you're done for because nobody else is xD).
(edited 8 years ago)
at times i feel like im moving away from islam..
Ramadhan in 2 months!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, "scholars" isn't a right word - as I'm yet to find a suitable definition for it.
Maybe "experts" then :wink:

What one considers is a bit different to what one is, wouldn't you say? Ahmadis considers themselves to Muslims :beard:

I get what you mean. A lot of "Shiekh Googles" on the net. Lol you're a bit evasive on the question. I'm taking it as a yes :tongue:
Original post by mariam687
at times i feel like im moving away from islam..

If you want anyone to talk to about it, feel free to PM x
Original post by HAnwar
If you want anyone to talk to about it, feel free to PM x

thanks man x
Original post by mariam687
thanks man x

No worries :smile:
Reply 179
Original post by hxfsxh
I don't know;I've not read it. Just relating to what I know from RS
You will only get a cherry-picked, sanitised version there. The real deal is only in the Quran and sunnah, and they like to keep that out of the limelight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending