The Student Room Group

Starting uni this September!

What's everyone looking forward to/most nervous about for starting uni this year?
Reply 1
Original post by SophieC23
What's everyone looking forward to/most nervous about for starting uni this year?

I'm just worried I won't get student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm looking forward to living somewhere new. i've been living in my hometown for almost all of my life, and it'll be nice to have a bit of a change. not looking forward to having to leave my dog behind, however.
Reply 3
Original post by Impressive
I'm just worried I won't get student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you think you'll get it?
Reply 4
Original post by deansmith
i'm looking forward to living somewhere new. i've been living in my hometown for almost all of my life, and it'll be nice to have a bit of a change. not looking forward to having to leave my dog behind, however.

What university are you hoping to go to? It's exciting to move out of a small town and to a city or somewhere with loads of new people!
Don't even know if I'm going to go to uni or take a gap year which is probably worrying me the most.

I'm looking forward to being somewhere completely new and being able to make new friends.

I'm pretty nervous about learning to cook proper food, budgeting money, living on my own in general without my parents will be pretty weird. Plus the whole academic side of thing as it's completely different to school.
What university are you hoping to go to? It's exciting to move out of a small town and to a city or somewhere with loads of new people!

my firm choice is Winchester, which is about a six hour drive from where i currently live on the east coast. i'm super excited to be living in a city for once!
Reply 7
Why don't you think you'll get it?

I don't have all necessary documents for my past addresses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Impressive
I don't have all necessary documents for my past addresses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're usually pretty good at making sure everyone gets the finance they need, they want to help! Even though sometimes it's a long process... Have you spoken to anyone for advice on this?
Excited about being in a new place, making new friends and studying a subject I'm passionate about. Uni is gonna be amazing!! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by deansmith
my firm choice is Winchester, which is about a six hour drive from where i currently live on the east coast. i'm super excited to be living in a city for once!

Sounds great! A good experience to live in a brand new environment!
They're usually pretty good at making sure everyone gets the finance they need, they want to help! Even though sometimes it's a long process... Have you spoken to anyone for advice on this?

I'll contact student finance, but not today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im looking forward in moving to a city from a town tbh:P
Reply 13
Original post by Ayaz789
Im looking forward in moving to a city from a town tbh:P

What uni do you hope to go to?
What uni do you hope to go to?

Leeds wbu?
Reply 15
Original post by Ayaz789
Leeds wbu?

Already at Bristol, thought I could give some good advice about what people might be nervous about
Already at Bristol, thought I could give some good advice about what people might be nervous about

Haha ahh okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending