The Student Room Group

Muslim doctor calls killing homosexuals "compassionate"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by champ_mc99
Are you an atheist?
Have a guess.
Original post by QE2
You don't have to "support" it. Just accept it as a natural part of human behaviour.

So you think that Muhammad (and by extension, Allah) went a bit too far in ordering them to be put to death?

"Educated" how? About what?
What is the "harsh truth?

Says who?
Lets be real the world doesnt start and stop in the west.
Theres asian countries,arab countries,african countries,caribbean countries dont think its normal.
Just because YOU do doesnt mean its true.
Original post by QE2
I come across this quite a lot when quizzing Muslims about their position on the more unplesant aspects of Islamic ideology.
For instance, some are reluctant to outright condemn slavery because they are aware that it is permitted in the Quran, so it would be an act of kufr to condemn something that Allah has permitted.
However, at the same time they are aware that slavery is universally condemned by all civilised people and societies, so they can't come out in support of it - well, apart from those few who hold their deen higher than not beeing seen as medieval barbarians.

Well said. They don't want to go in either direction (to full support or outright condemnation) but it does leave them in the squishy hinterland of religious hypocrisy and cherry-picking (what a surprise; the location of the vast majority of religious believers)

It does also feel like there's something vaguely obnoxious about them saying they have gay friends and that they don't want them killed, but that ultimately "I'm not gay, it doesn't affect me so I'm neutral". It comes across as "I'm alright, Jack". A bit selfish, weak-minded and just happy that someone else is being picked on rather than them. I can't stand that
Original post by QE2
Have a guess.

A devout peace-loving, pacifistic Buddhist. Either that or an athiest.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Says who?
Lets be real the world doesnt start and stop in the west.

Let's be real, the human experience doesn't start in 7th century Arabia and stop in 2016. People were very open to same-sex relations in many cultures historically, including the Persians and the Romans. You can stop pretending that the West is some kind of outlier and all "normal" people oppose homosexuality.

In fact, sex between two men is more common in the Arab world than it is in the West. It's just that in Islamic lands they're much more confused and ****ed up over it
Original post by Foo.mp3
Oh well, that's ok then :h:

Spoiler

Okay peach,I'll take your word for it :kiss:

Oh for ****'s sake :frown:

I like to think that the pricks who did that were in this building in the video below when it was hit (airstrike just released by CJTF OIR in the last couple of days)

I will never get tired of us fighting this war against ISIS. There are almost no other conflicts where the goodness of one side and the evilness of the other are so clear

[video="youtube;2zuvLKDpR1k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuvLKDpR1k[/video]
Original post by Ascend
It's no coincidence that you're a Christian while having been raised in a Christian household with Christian values. Had you been raised in a Hindu household with Hindu values, you'd be just as sure of Hinduism's truth as you are of Christianity's even though they are completely different worldviews.

This is indoctrination.

I'm grateful for my upbringing :h:
And inshallah ya rab,I hope to raise my kids in a Christian household too :h:
Original post by queen-bee
I'm grateful for my upbringing :h:
And inshallah ya rab,I hope to raise my kids in a Christian household too :h:

And so perpetuate the cycle of superstitious indoctrination, rather than giving therm a chance of making their own minds up after they have been educated and are old enough not to be affected by your views.
Original post by Good bloke
And so perpetuate the cycle of superstitious indoctrination, rather than giving therm a chance of making their own minds up after they have been educated and are old enough not to be affected by your views.

They can choose to do as they wish when they're abit older. Anyway,stop policing how parent choose to raise their kids :naughty:
Original post by queen-bee
They can choose to do as they wish when they're abit older.

But indoctrinated into your beliefs before that, thus reducing their own free choice in practice.
Original post by Good bloke
But indoctrinated into your beliefs before that, thus reducing their own free choice in practice.

I don't know how that affects you? But thanks for the concern habibi:h:
Original post by QE2
So you consider Muhammad's (and by extension, Allah's) position on homosexuality to be wrong.
That's very honest and encouraging. If only more Muslims would have the courage to reject those unacceptable parts of the Quran and sunnah. It could see the start of a Christianity-like enlightenment.

i think especially living in the uk where religion is diverse and you've got everyone from all beliefs, one belief from one religion should not be forced upon everyone, its like getting a cat to bark or feeding a fish chicken, it doesn't work. In countries where it is islam dominated it's difficult.
it's good to see we are no longer against each other,
Original post by QE2
I come across this quite a lot when quizzing Muslims about their position on the more unplesant aspects of Islamic ideology.
For instance, some are reluctant to outright condemn slavery because they are aware that it is permitted in the Quran, so it would be an act of kufr to condemn something that Allah has permitted.
However, at the same time they are aware that slavery is universally condemned by all civilised people and societies, so they can't come out in support of it - well, apart from those few who hold their deen higher than not beeing seen as medieval barbarians.

Lol. Nowhere in the Qur'an or any Hadith does it say "go and enslave people". Islam actually eradicated many methods of enslavement that people used to practice before. The only enslavement that is permitted in Islam is enslavement through war. Letting people go during these times would have meant a higher risk of them spreading injustice and killing Muslims, as was their aim.

There are also guidelines to dealing with slaves: they must be clothed and fed the same as their masters, and they should be treated with kindness. If his master beats him then he must release his slave. Most slaves actually became part of the family. So technically this isn't "slavery" - they were treated fairly and with the same rights. A slave also had the right to 'buy' himself free from his master.

Think of how maids, butlers and so on are treated by some people nowadays and compare it to how slaves were treated during those times by the Muslims.

I think you need to read more into this subject. It's not as simple as "Islam permits slavery". Your ancestors most likely used to kidnap Africans, beat them, and sell them as a sort of business. This is definitely not permitted in Islam, so please stop going on about how "civilised" non-Muslims are.

[a Hadith Qudsi] “Allaah, may He be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat A man who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227).
Original post by champ_mc99
A devout peace-loving, pacifistic Buddhist. Either that or an athiest.

No mate, he's a devil worshipper - like me :wink:

And apparently a False Murtad - also like me :smile:

Edit: btw, being a Buddhist and an atheist technically aren't mutually exclusive...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chemting
No mate, he's a devil worshipper - like me :wink:

And apparently a False Murtad - also like me :smile:

Edit: btw, being a Buddhist and an atheist technically aren't mutually exclusive...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahh i rather prefer the devout Buddhist. Hmmm.... i see what you mean.
Original post by yasminkattan
Lol. Nowhere in the Qur'an or any Hadith does it say "go and enslave people". Islam actually eradicated many methods of enslavement that people used to practice before. The only enslavement that is permitted in Islam is enslavement through war. Letting people go during these times would have meant a higher risk of them spreading injustice and killing Muslims, as was their aim.

There are also guidelines to dealing with slaves: they must be clothed and fed the same as their masters, and they should be treated with kindness. If his master beats him then he must release his slave. Most slaves actually became part of the family. So technically this isn't "slavery" - they were treated fairly and with the same rights. A slave also had the right to 'buy' himself free from his master.

Think of how maids, butlers and so on are treated by some people nowadays and compare it to how slaves were treated during those times by the Muslims.

I think you need to read more into this subject. It's not as simple as "Islam permits slavery". Your ancestors most likely used to kidnap Africans, beat them, and sell them as a sort of business. This is definitely not permitted in Islam, so please stop going on about how "civilised" non-Muslims are.

[a Hadith Qudsi] “Allaah, may He be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat A man who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227).

You do realise you demonstrated his point. Instead of condemning slavery you go on a rant about the moral faults of some bodies ancestors whilst defending Islams permission in slavery by saying hey it wasn't bad as some other version.

Do you find the idea of owning a person as property for he intention of sexual gratification a repugnant idea or do you find it permissible.

Because let's not forget that pretty much every historian of Islam says that Islam made slavery more common and wide spread due to its outright acceptance of it.

In the words of Bernard Lewis
In one of the sad paradoxes of human history, it was the humanitarian reforms brought by Islam that resulted in a vast development of the slave trade inside, and still more outside, the Islamic empire
Original post by yasminkattan

That's brilliant! How do I get to be a slave?

Wait, though. Surely, being a slave, my freedom would be curtailed, so it wouldn't be quite as nice as it sounds? I'm not so sure now.

Back in the real world. the only people I have heard of that treat their employees as badly as slaves were treated are Moslems. The Middle Eastern domestic worker employers are notorious for it.
Original post by Attempt
Wait are you an Arab Christian?

I know this is an old post but I was looking over this forum and needed to reply. I come from an Egyptian family which are Christian. Even though Christianity is the minority religion, it isn't uncommon. So just an eye opener that not all Arabs are Muslim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending