The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Latin Beauty
http://www.monitor.co.ug/artsculture/Reviews/Ancient-Egyptian-Pharaohs-related-to-Ugandans---DNA/-/691232/2419938/-/cjldv9/-/index.html

Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs related to Ugandans - DNA
ancient egyptian dna is mostly in somalis...eritreans...ethiopians now....less in west africans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-V38

E-V38 reaches frequencies of over 80% in many parts of West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa as well as Southern Africa.[9] This haplogroup's frequency and diversity are highest in the West Africa region.

Subclades[edit]

Rosa et al. (2007)

E1b1a1[edit]

African spatial distribution of haplogroup E3a-M2.
All Africans carry E1B1A which was present in the Pharoah Ramesses III of ancient Egypt.

E1b1a1 is defined by markers DYS271/M2/SY81, M291, P1/PN1, P189, P293, V43, and V95.E1b1a1a1[edit]

E1b1a1a1 is commonly defined by M180/P88. The basal subclade is quite regularly observed in V38+ samples.E1b1a1a1a[edit]

E1b1a1a1a is defined by marker M58. 5% (2/37) of the town Singa-Rimaïbé, Burkina Faso tested positive for E-M58.[11] 15% (10/69) of Hutus in Rwanda tested positive for M58.[10] Three South Africans tested positive for this marker.[8] One Carioca from Rio de Janeiro,Brazil tested positive for the M58 SNP.[42] The place of origin and age is unreported.

what color are they?

ancient egypt in the language...medu neter....egypt - kemet

kemet means black land/community

kem et
( black land)

the circle symbol is a community symbol....google it

ur racist emotional lies wont ride with me

Website linked is from Uganda and is hardly trustworthy.

The map you've provided surely lends support to what I advocate and not what you do. Most Africans do not share their DNA with modern Egyptians. As for the presence of this DNA in Sudan and Somalia - both regions were at various times part of Ancient Egyptian Kingdoms and then Arab states. DNA doesn't just dissapear when races mix together. It shows that some Somalians contain ancient Egyptian DNA, not that Egyptians contain Somalian DNA.

A random letter/word and a hieroglyph of dark skinned people? Why have you purposely omitted the countless hieroglyphs of non-dark skinned people?

There's no rational behind the African claims to the Pyramids. But why is this something of vital importance to Africans? It's because they know there isn't a single other instance that is of value to the world that comes from Africa or African people? As I say, this delusional claim has only ever been propagated to reduce African inferiority complexes.

Maybe if Africans spent less time having a chip on their shoulders they could find the time to contribute something to the world instead of being one big mess of disease and poverty.
@roofas

As usual. Ur emotions let u deny facts like dna from Wikipedia that uses multiple references.

Those modern Egyptians are not as connected to the ancients as east Africans. The southern ones have more ancient dna and they are darker

There are whites in hieroglyphs but those were the Greeks

Google medu neter translator and put. black land

Then find a hieroglyph dictionary and look for that symbol or put land

I just told you the ancients called themselves kemet which means black land and the symbol is a community symbol

Somalis contain ancient dna. Just stop there. U just shot yourself

But ima keep at it

That's as dumb as saying. Black Americans have west African dna but west Africans dont have black Americans dna. So something is up. Lmao
Original post by Roofas

The map you've provided surely lends support to what I advocate and not what you do. Most Africans do not share their DNA with modern Egyptians. As for the presence of this DNA in Sudan and Somalia - both regions were at various times part of Ancient Egyptian Kingdoms and then Arab states. DNA doesn't just dissapear when races mix together. It shows that some Somalians contain ancient Egyptian DNA, not that Egyptians contain Somalian DNA.

A random letter/word and a hieroglyph of dark skinned people? Why have you purposely omitted the countless hieroglyphs of non-dark skinned people?

There's no rational behind the African claims to the Pyramids. But why is this something of vital importance to Africans? It's because they know there isn't a single other instance that is of value to the world that comes from Africa or African people? As I say, this delusional claim has only ever been propagated to reduce African inferiority complexes.

Maybe if Africans spent less time having a chip on their shoulders they could find the time to contribute something to the world instead of being one big mess of disease and poverty.

Damn, that's harsh.

A better point to make would be that, when he has to go back thousands of years to find an example he has already lost the argument. That the example is disputable just makes it worse.

Perhaps a thousand years from now his ancestry will also be claiming they built Europe?
(edited 7 years ago)
The only good thing about them is their name.
http://newsrescue.com/dna-evidence-on-egyptian-pharaohs-ramses-iii-a-sub-saharan-african-black/

DNA EVIDENCE ON EGYPTIAN PHARAOHS: RAMSES III A SUB-SAHARAN AFRICAN BLACK

all the kings/pharaohs are dark skinned....the only white folk in there are greeks

black africans have ancient egyptian dna more than anybody else

haplogroup e m215 and e1b1b is the same thing so u know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)

Human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup E-M215, also referred to in the literature by other names such as E1b1b and E3b (see further discussion below),

egypt.png
all the darker skin people have more of that than the lighter skin races....modern southern egyptians are darker than the northern ones

the less total dna of e1b1b the lighter the race is....lmao

This month, December 2012, a DNA test was released revealing apocalyptic revelations for Ramesses III that he belongs to the E1b1b Y-DNA haplogroup. This news is something that I have intuitively have known for over a year now.The test also revealed he was murdered.

http://gnosticwarrior.com/ramesses-iii-dna.html

MoeFounder at The Order of the GnosticsWelcome to the Order of the Gnostics on GnosticWarrior.com. My name is Moe and I'm the founder.

lmaooooooo

berbers from marrakech
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Roofas

I think that you are racist, but the sad situation is that you are faceless and may be walking around like you are not.

Your vile and disgusting post about "disease" and "poverty" is not accurate. Everywhere in African countries is not covered in disease and poverty. The media and other racist propaganda has reduced Africa to a rubbish pile of dump with nothing good about it.

I wish you the karma that you wish the African people.
Original post by MildredMalone
The only good thing about them is their name.

Really? the only good thing about Africans is their name? It will be really stupid to say that the only good thing about Europeans is their name.

I weep for people like you. Our generation is supposed to be the free generation without racial or gender boundaries. It is clear that we are failing people like you that still harbor the same racist thinking of previous generation.

Please take some time to visit an African nation. Any one. Pick from the 54 nations in Africa and go and visit them. Don't go in the form of humanitarian aid or as a luxurious tourist. Go as you and visit the places. Form your own opnion on the people, who live there.
BLM is for people who can't read stats.
Original post by Jebedee
BLM is for people who can't read stats.

"BLM is for people who can't read stats"

Well done, mate. :congrats:

Thanks for coming.
Original post by Wired_1800
"BLM is for people who can't read stats"

Well done, mate. :congrats:

Thanks for coming.

I don't know what else can be said. They're just people who want to be violent with the preferred method of choice (victim complex) but can't reconcile that the facts aren't on their side. So just pretend.
Could this thread have gotten any more off topic? Is it necessary for us to debate what the definition of "black" is out how long it's been around? Let's concede that the pyramids and everything else constructed in ancient Egypt were built by people who were darker than Caucasians. The illustrations of the time certainly support that theory, and yes, the works off that era were no doubt amazingly HUGE contributions to mankind. But I think the more timely question would be (and I know this is a generalization, but we can't debate these issues on a case-by-case basis, can we?) whether the contributions of blacks to society outweigh the burdens they put on it TODAY. Anyone?
Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3
Could this thread have gotten any more off topic? Is it necessary for us to debate what the definition of "black" is out how long it's been around? Let's concede that the pyramids and everything else constructed in ancient Egypt were built by people who were darker than Caucasians. The illustrations of the time certainly support that theory, and yes, the works off that era were no doubt amazingly HUGE contributions to mankind. But I think the more timely question would be (and I know this is a generalization, but we can't debate these issues on a case-by-case basis, can we?) whether the contributions of blacks to society outweigh the burdens they put on it TODAY. Anyone?

Why "darker than caucasians?", why not "lighter blacks?"

I think that the reason why there is a vehement disagreement that "black" people built the pyramids or made any fundamental contribution as great as that, is because black people cannot surely be as advanced as to build such as monstrous structure that has span many centuries. It is also abhorent to even claim that black people may have run the Egyptian Empire. How can these people plagued by "stupidity", disease and poverty be responsible for such great achievements? The undertone of this argument is based on a racist ideology that Africa is a jungle and Africans are just animals, who need to be trained.

This ideology has been propagated to other places where black people live, especially in Western nations. They are viewed as barbarians, who should either obey or get killed. Many people seem to forget that it is barely 70 years that blacks in the US began to get real progress.

For your second question: "whether the contributions of blacks to society outweigh the burdens they put on it TODAY"

I think this is a difficult question because "black people" are not only those people found in Europe or the US. Black people do not form one entity and it is unfair to group them into one group. I also don't think black people burden society.

It will be hard to quantify the contributions made by blacks to society. For example, how can you quantify the contribution of a farmer in Ghana, who makes millions of bags of peanuts or groundnuts that are sold to many companies like Tesco and Walmart. These stores process the groundnuts to paste and you buy that for your peanut butter and your sandwiches. You may forget that the main contribution was made by the Ghanian famer and not really Tesco. Unfortunately, society does not work like that and the praise is given to Tesco. This is why social movements like fairtrade is campaigning to give credit to producers, such as the African farmer.

An important issue that people need to know is that the game or cards have already been stacked against the African. The land grab and division of African resources by Western corporations and Governments will not help the average western person to see the real contributions to the world.

The false story against black people have already been sold and gullible people are accepting it as facts. It is very difficult to untrain ignorant people about the world.
Why "darker than caucasians?", why not "lighter blacks?"

I think that the reason why there is a vehement disagreement that "black" people built the pyramids or made any fundamental contribution as great as that, is because black people cannot surely be as advanced as to build such as monstrous structure that has span many centuries. It is also abhorent to even claim that black people may have run the Egyptian Empire. How can these people plagued by "stupidity", disease and poverty be responsible for such great achievements? The undertone of this argument is based on a racist ideology that Africa is a jungle and Africans are just animals, who need to be trained.

This ideology has been propagated to other places where black people live, especially in Western nations. They are viewed as barbarians, who should either obey or get killed. Many people seem to forget that it is barely 70 years that blacks in the US began to get real progress.

For your second question: "whether the contributions of blacks to society outweigh the burdens they put on it TODAY"

I think this is a difficult question because "black people" are not only those people found in Europe or the US. Black people do not form one entity and it is unfair to group them into one group. I also don't think black people burden society.

It will be hard to quantify the contributions made by blacks to society. For example, how can you quantify the contribution of a farmer in Ghana, who makes millions of bags of peanuts or groundnuts that are sold to many companies like Tesco and Walmart. These stores process the groundnuts to paste and you buy that for your peanut butter and your sandwiches. You may forget that the main contribution was made by the Ghanian famer and not really Tesco. Unfortunately, society does not work like that and the praise is given to Tesco. This is why social movements like fairtrade is campaigning to give credit to producers, such as the African farmer.

An important issue that people need to know is that the game or cards have already been stacked against the African. The land grab and division of African resources by Western corporations and Governments will not help the average western person to see the real contributions to the world.

The false story against black people have already been sold and gullible people are accepting it as facts. It is very difficult to untrain ignorant people about the world.

+1
Really? the only good thing about Africans is their name? It will be really stupid to say that the only good thing about Europeans is their name.

No. The only good thing about BLM is their name. As a movement, they'e pretty awful.
Reply 174
@roofas

As usual. Ur emotions let u deny facts like dna from Wikipedia that uses multiple references.

Those modern Egyptians are not as connected to the ancients as east Africans. The southern ones have more ancient dna and they are darker

There are whites in hieroglyphs but those were the Greeks

Google medu neter translator and put. black land

Then find a hieroglyph dictionary and look for that symbol or put land

I just told you the ancients called themselves kemet which means black land and the symbol is a community symbol

Somalis contain ancient dna. Just stop there. U just shot yourself

But ima keep at it

That's as dumb as saying. Black Americans have west African dna but west Africans dont have black Americans dna. So something is up. Lmao

Seeings as you're so fond of Wikipedia:

Why looky here! The ancient Egyptian civilisation spread well into Sudan and its influence reached towards the borders of modern Somalia - who knew!

Oh and would you look at what this bit says!

"According to most scholars, the ancient Land of Punt and its inhabitants formed part of the ethnogenesis of the Somali people.[41][42][43][44]The ancient Puntites were a nation of people that had close relations with Pharaonic Egypt during the times of Pharaoh Sahure and Queen Hatshepsut."

aka: The people from the land in southern Egypt (Punt) contributed to the formation of the Somali people. Punt is known to have had relations with the Ancient Egyptian state.

The Somalians do not pre-date Egypt. The Somali people are the product of reproduction between Ancient Egyptians and other people in that region, hence similarity of their DNA. Somalians are like Mestizos in South America, people living in an area that was essentially colonised by Egyptians who interbred with the 'natives' and other groups already living there. This is known to have happened a considerable time after the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt were build. I really don't understand how you can continue to manipulate information to suit your own desires.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalis#History)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kingdom_of_Egypt)

I think that you are racist, but the sad situation is that you are faceless and may be walking around like you are not.

Your vile and disgusting post about "disease" and "poverty" is not accurate. Everywhere in African countries is not covered in disease and poverty. The media and other racist propaganda has reduced Africa to a rubbish pile of dump with nothing good about it.

I wish you the karma that you wish the African people.

I'm not a racist and you know it. You're lucky I don't have the mind to report you for such a baseless and loathsome accusation. You are delusional about the state of Africa, stop kidding yourself.
Original post by Roofas

I'm not a racist and you know it. You're lucky I don't have the mind to report you for such a baseless and loathsome accusation. You are delusional about the state of Africa, stop kidding yourself.

Okay. My apologies. I don't know you in real life, so it is not my place to judge you.
Original post by Underscore__
Even if a new policeman shot dead an innocent person every single day that would equate to about 0.0003% of all police in America. You're judging a huge group of people based on the actions of a few. When people do that to Muslims we call it islamophobia but when people do it to the US police it's seen as acceptable.

Don't misrepresent what actually happened with regard to Tarantino. The boycott was threatened because Tarantino referred generally to police as murderers. Just to sum up the ignorance around the police in America he then referred to the shooting of a police officer as 'unfortunate'. I suppose the thirty who have already been killed this year were 'unfortunate' too. While I accept the number of people police kill will be higher than the number of them killed, not everyone shot by police is innocent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not really like that... If we were saying all americans are racists because of thr coppers that would be similar to blaming all muslims for isis. But the police force are an organisation, saying the police force isnt the problem ots the individuals who shoot is like saying isis isnt a problem, it s the individuals whok bomb people.
Original post by Roofas

Why looky here! The ancient Egyptian civilisation spread well into Sudan and its influence reached towards the borders of modern Somalia - who knew!

Oh and would you look at what this bit says!

"According to most scholars, the ancient Land of Punt and its inhabitants formed part of the ethnogenesis of the Somali people.[41][42][43][44]The ancient Puntites were a nation of people that had close relations with Pharaonic Egypt during the times of Pharaoh Sahure and Queen Hatshepsut."

aka: The people from the land in southern Egypt (Punt) contributed to the formation of the Somali people. Punt is known to have had relations with the Ancient Egyptian state.

The Somalians do not pre-date Egypt. The Somali people are the product of reproduction between Ancient Egyptians and other people in that region, hence similarity of their DNA. Somalians are like Mestizos in South America, people living in an area that was essentially colonised by Egyptians who interbred with the 'natives' and other groups already living there. This is known to have happened a considerable time after the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt were build. I really don't understand how you can continue to manipulate information to suit your own desires.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalis#History)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kingdom_of_Egypt)

ancient egypt had many dynasties....started around 5 or 4000bc...give or take 1000

u post 1400bc lmao

and ignored all that another dna evidence

u lose
Original post by MildredMalone
No. The only good thing about BLM is their name. As a movement, they'e pretty awful.

Don't judge movements based on the bad eggs. There are bad eggs in every movements. The gender-freedom movement, the Gay persecution movement, the women's rights and feminism movement, the movement for the empowerment of Aboriginals in Australia and so on.

If you look deep into their structures, you will surely find bad eggs. It does not mean that I should not support women empowerment because there are some women within their movement groups that are bad. I should support the freedom of Gay people to choose who they love regardless of whether someone or some people were bad in their groups.

We should not stop making the world a better place because things are not 100%. Nothing is perfect and, if you wait for perfection before acting, then I doubt you will ever make a significant contribution to our society.

The name is "Black Lives Matter." Yes, All lives matter, but the mantra points towards a clarion call to society about police brutality towards black people and the absence of subsequent justice. If a police officer comes to a situation and his first reaction is to shoot, then he should not be in the Police Service. Even the Army are rigorously trained on restraint. It is now your place to critically evaluate it and then you either support it or you keep quiet.

The black-on-black violence rate should not deter you from supporting a cause. It is like saying that nations should not help Syrians because other Syrians are killing each other. Or women should not be empowered because some other women use vile behaviour to put down other women.

What saddens me is the apparent lack of compassion that we, young people, have towards others. We are always looking for "evidence" to satisfy our supposedly "intellectual" quest for answers. Even though the information may be slightly biased, we don't care; as long as it is an article from a supposedly "credible" source. We cannot solve everything based on data, all we have to do is be a little bit more empathetic towards other people different to us, whether it is gender, race or creed.
Reply 179
ancient egypt had many dynasties....started around 5 or 4000bc...give or take 1000

u post 1400bc lmao

and ignored all that another dna evidence

u lose

The borders of any civilisation ebb and flow over the ages and you can easily find purported borders from the Egyptian Old and Middle Kingdoms. The pyramids in Sudan mentioned in this thread are even more recent than any map I've provided and that lends support to what I advocate, that is to say that Africans did not build the Pyramids, even further.

"The area is divided into three parts by two wadis. The central section seems to be the oldest and contains several tumulus type tombs that predate the Kingdom of Napata. Reisner thought that the earliest tomb, Tum.1, dated back to the time of PharaohSheshonq I of Ancient Egypt (ca. 850 BC) and predates the Kingdom of Napata by some 200 years. At the present scholars (Kendall, Hakem, Totok) think the early cemetery stretches back to the Ramesside period and date the earliest burials to the end of the Twentieth Dynasty of Ancient Egypt (ca 1070 BC), although Kendall has reverted his position and now adheres to a dating closer to the one proposed by Reisner.[2]"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El-Kurru)

I really won't press this matter much further with you because it seems clear from your postings in this thread (and the other one where you mentioned me) that you won't be able to cope with the cognitive dissonance of realising you're wrong. I don't think it'd be fair or the right thing to do for me to utterly destroy this bubble you've created around yourself.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kingdom_of_Egypt)

(http://www.worldbookonline.com/contents/common-content/wbe-content/pc/lg/lr004248.gif)

(http://image.slidesharecdn.com/theegyptianempireii-140813083512-phpapp02/95/the-egyptian-empire-ii-3-638.jpg?cb=1407919038)

Latest